Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Def Leppard - 2015 album & UK tour dates (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68977)

Dave 1986 03-27-2015 11:27 PM

Def Leppard - 2015 album & UK tour dates

Def Leppard are releasing their self-titled new album October 30th 2015 and will tour the UK in December.

http://www.deflepparduk.com/defleppard.jpg

Track list

01 - Let's Go (5:01)
02 - Dangerous (3:26)
03 - Man Enough (3:54)
04 - We Belong (5:06)
05 - Invincible (3:46)
06 - Sea Of Love (4:04)
07 - Energized (3:23)
08 - All Time High (4:19)
09 - Battle Of My Own (2:42)
10 - Broke 'n' Brokenhearted (3:17)
11 - Forever Young (2:21)
12 - Last Dance (3:09)
13 - Wings Of An Angel (4:23)
14 - Blind Faith (5:33)
15 - Last Dance (Demo) [Japan Bonus Track]
Total Time - 54:24

UK Fan Pack bonus tracks:

15 - We Belong (Alternate Vocal Take)
16 - Let's Go (UK Radio Edit)

http://www.deflepparduk.com/2015newsmar140.html

From their official site:

Def Leppard & Whitesnake announce a joint headline UK & Irish arena tour with support from Black Star Riders.

6 December - Dublin (3Arena)
7 December - Belfast (Odyssey)
9 December - Newcastle (Metro Radio Arena)
10 December - Glasgow (SSE Hydro)
12 December - Birmingham (Genting Arena)
13 December - Nottingham (Capital FM Arena)
15 December - Manchester (Arena)
16 December - Cardiff (Motorpoint Arena)
18 December - London (SSE Arena Wembley)
19 December - Sheffield (Motorpoint Arena)

Tickets on sale at 10am on 1st April from LiveNation. Pre-sale & VIP ticketing information coming soon!

Walleris 03-27-2015 11:42 PM

That's a smart strategy. While Def Leppard are nowhere near their prime, they're also nowhere near as washed-up as Coverdale. So well played booking him on your tour to make Joe sound good in comparison + selling some extra tickets.

Dave 1986 03-27-2015 11:50 PM

It would appear so, but Leppard have been playing the co-headlining card for 10 years now, and this is their second tour with Whitesnake. The previous one being in 2008.

Walleris 03-27-2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1186347)
It would appear so, but Leppard have been playing the co-headlining card for 10 years now, and this is their second tour with Whitesnake. The previous one being in 2008.

I am aware that they've been co-headlining, but I'm simply saying that of the well-known bands you want to co-headline with, Whitesnake is perfect, given how poor Coverdale sounds. Really make Def Leppard (who are obviously the real headliners) sound better.

brighton84 03-31-2015 08:59 AM

This is a decent bill,and well worth the price of a ticket,bought mine yesterday. As Walleris states Coverdale's vocals are not up to scratch these days but Snake are still worth a watch due to their musicianship.
Many of the old vocalists are struggling these days,my particular fave frontman Paul Stanley from KISS has had vocal issues for quite some time. Sadly time waits for no one,that said we tend to forget that a lot of our musical heroes are nearing pensionable age.

danfan 04-01-2015 11:51 PM

They're touring with Styx and Tesla in the States. This is why I don't bother going to many concerts any more. DL is one of my favorite bands, and I would gladly pay $100 to see them play for 2.5 hours. What I won't do is pay to see them play the same songs I've heard 30 times live previously for 90 minutes, and 2 shitty bands before them.

danfan 04-01-2015 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton84 (Post 1186408)
This is a decent bill,and well worth the price of a ticket,bought mine yesterday. As Walleris states Coverdale's vocals are not up to scratch these days but Snake are still worth a watch due to their musicianship.
Many of the old vocalists are struggling these days,my particular fave frontman Paul Stanley from KISS has had vocal issues for quite some time. Sadly time waits for no one,that said we tend to forget that a lot of our musical heroes are nearing pensionable age.

Joe Elliot sounds better now than he did on the Hysteria tour. No idea what he did, but it works. Brett Michaels, while never having had a great voice, still sounds the same. To my knowledge, he also doesn't smoke like Jon, Axl and Paul Stanley, who all sound like crap.

Then you go down a level to the embarrassing voices of David Lee Roth and Vince Neil.

brighton84 04-03-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1186432)
Joe Elliot sounds better now than he did on the Hysteria tour. No idea what he did, but it works. Brett Michaels, while never having had a great voice, still sounds the same. To my knowledge, he also doesn't smoke like Jon, Axl and Paul Stanley, who all sound like crap.

Then you go down a level to the embarrassing voices of David Lee Roth and Vince Neil.

Hit and Miss with Joe's voice. I have seen good and bad nights with regards his voice that includes recent shows.
Paul Stanley doesnt smoke,never has,40+years of screaming have finally taken their toll.As for Jon and Axl they have both lost their chops.

As for David Lee Roth one wonders if he performs like he does to wind up EVH. The latest Jimy Kimmel performance is hard to watch,sure the band sound ok but Roth drags them down a level.

danfan 04-03-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton84 (Post 1186474)
Hit and Miss with Joe's voice. I have seen good and bad nights with regards his voice that includes recent shows.
Paul Stanley doesnt smoke,never has,40+years of screaming have finally taken their toll.As for Jon and Axl they have both lost their chops.

As for David Lee Roth one wonders if he performs like he does to wind up EVH. The latest Jimy Kimmel performance is hard to watch,sure the band sound ok but Roth drags them down a level.

For some reason I thought Paul smoked.

David Lee Roth, as bad as he sounds, looks even more ridiculous. I was too young to ever see him in his heyday with VH, but now he looks like a fool. He has this big shit-eating grin on his face all the time, and he dances like a tap dancer/burlesque singer. It's painful to watch.

semigoodlookin 04-07-2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1186484)
For some reason I thought Paul smoked.

David Lee Roth, as bad as he sounds, looks even more ridiculous. I was too young to ever see him in his heyday with VH, but now he looks like a fool. He has this big shit-eating grin on his face all the time, and he dances like a tap dancer/burlesque singer. It's painful to watch.

Dave Lee Roth never had a great voice, he was all about the show. His voice was manageable within the VH songs though. Now? Boy is he bad, the band is as tight as ever but Roth is a shambles, his voice, and his vibe is just bad. I am not sure who is going to see Van Halen these days and appreciating the show, all because of Roth.

ezearis 08-31-2015 08:17 AM

More on the new album:

Quote:

Q. What does the future hold for Def Leppard? I know you have a new album coming out in October.

A. Yeah, it's finished. We're just doing simple, last-minute adjustments. The first song is going to go to radio next month. It's a 14-track, 55-minute album. It's just called "Def Leppard" because that's what it sounds like. It doesn't sounds like any one specific era of Def Leppard. It's got everything.

You'll listen and you go "Oh, that sounds like Def Leppard" or you'll go "That is Leppard, but sounds a bit like Led Zeppelin or Queen but you can hear the AC/DC or the Crosby, Stills and Nash coming through." We have not shied away from anything that's influenced us in our growing up periods of our life. Just because we've made the kind of music we've made doesn't mean to say we don't like all of this other stuff.

We made this record as an artistic statement that we'd be happy to play in 10 or 15 years in time and go "You know what? That is a great record. That was a great period in our career."

You just have to wait for the stars to be aligned. For this new album, they seemed to have been for us, because we all played and sang great and wrote well. There's some great variety on there. Every single aspect of anything we've ever wanted to put out — acoustic, heavy, soft, slow, fast — it's there. That's why we call it "Def Leppard" because, just like Queen were, we're capable of coming up with vastly different kinds of songs.
Source: http://www.grandforksherald.com/acce...ds-joe-elliott

ezearis 08-31-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1186642)
Dave Lee Roth never had a great voice, he was all about the show. His voice was manageable within the VH songs though. Now? Boy is he bad, the band is as tight as ever but Roth is a shambles, his voice, and his vibe is just bad. I am not sure who is going to see Van Halen these days and appreciating the show, all because of Roth.

I searched for a 2015 live video of Van Halen to see it and now I just want to punch the guy.

thesedays2014 08-31-2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1186431)
They're touring with Styx and Tesla in the States. This is why I don't bother going to many concerts any more. DL is one of my favorite bands, and I would gladly pay $100 to see them play for 2.5 hours. What I won't do is pay to see them play the same songs I've heard 30 times live previously for 90 minutes, and 2 shitty bands before them.

Tesla are amazing musicians, amazing live and have amazing songs...

Sent from my SM-G530FZ using Tapatalk

yomamasofat 09-01-2015 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1193643)
I searched for a 2015 live video of Van Halen to see it and now I just want to punch the guy.

This. It's sad. Even though Roth was always about the show, now his show sucks. In addition to his voice.

yomamasofat 09-01-2015 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1186431)

I wouldn't call their opening acts shitty bands but yeah, I agree, we want a 2.5 hour DL show, not a 1.5 hour show with only the usual hits.

semigoodlookin 09-07-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1193643)

Yeah, me too. He seems to think he is doing great too.

Dave 1986 09-15-2015 11:23 AM

Track list confirmed (See first post), plus a very special surprise tomorrow...

New single premier maybe?

ezearis 09-15-2015 03:23 PM

14 songs. Nice! I have high hopes on this record.

Dave 1986 09-15-2015 04:55 PM

Yea and a good album length as well. I know it's quality over quantity but considering Songs from the Sparkle Lounge was only about 35 minutes. I hope they're delivering as much as they say they are this time. While Sparkle Lounge had some good songs on there, it wasn't enough to satisfy my thirst for new Leppard music. From the way the band have described it, it sounds like they've gone all-out with this one, and apparently there's no ballads on the album either.

Bleeding Purist 09-15-2015 06:46 PM

I'm looking forward to it. Sparkle Lounge... I quite enjoyed it as a bridge off of "Yeah!" with the exception of "Nine Lives" I thought "Go" had great lyrics and was insanely catchy, while finding it to be a slower tempo than expected.

I'm hoping they go back to twists and turns with the arrangements of the songs.

Bleeding Purist 09-15-2015 07:01 PM

The new single: "Let's Go"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...0150915?page=2

Dave 1986 09-15-2015 08:04 PM

Had a quick listen to it and I was really into it up until the chorus. The broken up "ooh oh oh oh"s kinda killed it for me. Still a bit more excited to hear the rest of the album!

Rdkopper 09-16-2015 03:07 AM

I actually like it a lot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ezearis 09-16-2015 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1194729)

Right now: not good, not bad. But I can already feel it growing up on. Digging the sound overall, so I'm still excited by this release :)

Dave 1986 09-16-2015 09:01 AM

If nothing else, it's just exciting to actually hear some new music from them!

Bleeding Purist 09-16-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1194788)
Right now: not good, not bad. But I can already feel it growing up on. Digging the sound overall, so I'm still excited by this release :)

That's pretty much my reaction. The chorus doesn't deliver an anthemic Leppard delivery. It is the sound of the track and the main guitar riff that drives it for me.

"Go" should have been the first single last time around. It had the catchy verses and chorus, which this new "Go" song doesn't.

Dave 1986 09-16-2015 10:44 PM

New album available for preorder on iTunes with "Let's Go" available to purchase.

Amazon UK are also listing a collectors edition with an exclusive bonus track.

The Japanese version will have "Last Dance" Demo as a bonus track, weather that's the same as the UK one is not known yet

Rdkopper 09-17-2015 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1194788)

It sounds like a One Direction song

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

yomamasofat 09-21-2015 05:00 AM

The new song is catchy.
I could do without the riff though - it sounds too much like PSSOM. They could've worked that a bit longer to make it different.

Johny 09-26-2015 04:09 PM

Funny thing about this new single. I follow DL on facebook where they very actively share stuff and a few days back they presented this single. I was paying no attention because I thought it was one of their older songs.
It's not a good idea to call songs: Let It Go (High'n'Dry album), Go (Song From Sparkle Lounge album) and now Let's Go. Maybe Let's Get Rocked could be counted in this cathegory.
I like the song. However it the riff is a ripoff Pour Some Sugar On Me. It's almost the same. I think those two are even more similar than Photograph and Promises.
Personally, I don't like albums without names, I can accept if it is the debut album. But after 30 years? The last album had too long name, this one has no.

I saw them live in May and man I was amazed how they sounded. The playing was spotless and Joe's voice was amazing with all the screaming etc. I'm looking forward to the new album and I hope they'll tour Europe again in 2016.

Yeah and I hope Viv will be ok after his third chemo.

Bleeding Purist 09-26-2015 06:12 PM

I don't disagree on your point with the song titles at all. It's been on my mind. It's just lazy, uninspired naming.

Unfortunately, now that the song has settled in more and been on repeat, I can't say I'm really a fan other than I stand by liking the production. The lyrics are terrible and lazy. It's all built around "Do you really want to do this now" which is actually cool, but they just didn't work on it nearly enough as far as I'm concerned. To say I like the song is to be forcing it. It's a song that would fit on Adrenalize and that is NOT a compliment. I hate that f**king album with a passion.

Partly because of your point on the song titles and partly because it was the first track on the last album, whenever I listen to "Go" now it particularly rankles me because it is such a superior song in every way. It doesn't sound like any other song. The lyrics are awesome. The verses AND the chorus are very catchy. It should have been the first single and in another dimension, should be the "Go" song that they are releasing as a first single now.

I hope "Let's Go" is not representative of the album as a whole. At this point, between Bon Jovi and Def Leppard, I have to give it to Bon Jovi based on both Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning when paired as first singles. I'd like to ultimately enjoy both albums, but if Def Leppard's album is more "Let's Go" then it's going to sink like stone with me. Meanwhile, I truly do enjoy Burning Bridges as an album without forcing it.

Dave 1986 09-26-2015 09:33 PM

I totally see the similarities between "Let's Go" and "PSSoM" but I don't think they are quite as alike as "Promises" and "Photograph"

As for the song itself, I'm loving the overall production and I love those chugging palm-muted chords behind the main riff. But for the opening track I think it it should have been a much more uptempo one like "Demolition Man" from Euphoria and should floor the listener in one punch. I'm not keen on it being a single either. Not just because I don't think it's strong enough, it just doesn't work as a single.

I decided to put Songs from the Sparkle Lounge on lately and been really enjoying that. It's been largely forgotten since 2008 whenever I revisit their music along with X as for me there weren't many memorable moments there, but some songs on their are really great. "Go" is a beast of a song and really needed more exposure at the time. "Cruise Control" and "Tomorrow" we're also standouts. I don't mind "Nine Lives" "Love" I always skip. The rest was meh.

I still have high hopes for the new album and hope we don't have to wait eons for the next like we have done with the last two.

Bleeding Purist 09-27-2015 07:34 AM

I think you hit the nail. At this point I am wanting something more uptempo and in your face just as Demolition Man was. The album has been promised to bring that. Those chugging riffs you refer to do drive the riffs for me to forgive any PSSOM similarities in the riff and do hint at a healthy dose of that elsewhere on the album.

Dave 1986 09-27-2015 10:19 PM

On the subject of "Let's Go" being similar to past songs, opinions aside, I think it makes sense at this stage to open the album within a more familiar-sounding territory. Being as this is their first album in 7 years, to a lot of people this is probably like a "comeback" album (like Euphoria in some respects) so a classic-sounding Leppard song is probably a safe bet to reel in new fans or older fans who haven't payed attention to them in a long time.

As for the album being self-titled, could NOT care less. It's what's on the self-titled album that counts.

I'm giving a rather muddled opinion/analysis of the new single/album, I admit!

Raz0r 09-28-2015 03:36 AM

I'm really looking forward to this album, and liked the single. I agree with bleedingpurist, the production in the single is great. You can hear everything really crisp, nothing is overdone, it just sounds awesome.

Joe said they're trying to put a little bit of everything they've ever done in this album, so I think the thought behind the self titled album is, this is Def Leppard. Know what I mean?

What annoys me about the title though, it made it difficult to find on Amazon. Lol.

yomamasofat 09-28-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1195714)
I totally see the similarities between "Let's Go" and "PSSoM" but I don't think they are quite as alike as "Promises" and "Photograph"

As for the song itself, I'm loving the overall production and I love those chugging palm-muted chords behind the main riff. But for the opening track I think it it should have been a much more uptempo one like "Demolition Man" from Euphoria and should floor the listener in one punch. I'm not keen on it being a single either. Not just because I don't think it's strong enough, it just doesn't work as a single.

I decided to put Songs from the Sparkle Lounge on lately and been really enjoying that. It's been largely forgotten since 2008 whenever I revisit their music along with X as for me there weren't many memorable moments there, but some songs on their are really great. "Go" is a beast of a song and really needed more exposure at the time. "Cruise Control" and "Tomorrow" we're also standouts. I don't mind "Nine Lives" "Love" I always skip. The rest was meh.

I still have high hopes for the new album and hope we don't have to wait eons for the next like we have done with the last two.

The riffs in Let's Go and PSSOM are too similar.
The riffs in Promises and Photograph are quite different, the former arpeggiated the chords and the later didn't.

Agreed with you on Demolition Man and Go (from Sparkle Lounge). Those are killer opening tracks (then again, their opening tracks are mostly killer except for Now). I hope the opening track from this album is as good as those.

Dave 1986 09-28-2015 01:50 PM

Oh yea, the main riff is VERY similar. I totally forgot to reference that. I just meant the song as a whole not quite being "PSSoM" part 2. I do like "Now" as it happens but like you say, not exactly a beast of an opener. But then again X wasn't exactly a rockin' album anyway.

Captain_jovi 09-28-2015 08:30 PM

https://www.teamrock.com/features/20...-leppard-album

VERY interesting read.

yomamasofat 09-29-2015 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1195840)

Yikes, sounds like I'm going to hate the first two songs he listed there.
All Night is pure crap, the only blemish in an otherwise excellent album.
Not a Slang fan either.

Dave 1986 10-08-2015 05:09 AM

Some rather positive reviews/quotes about the new album!

http://www.deflepparduk.com/2015newsoct73.html