Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Neurotica (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36822)

Bleeding Purist 08-17-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
When you think about it so does Prayer, although in Prayer nothing really happens properly until the bass and drums kick in.

Precisely. The keyboards fade in. Keyboards do that. It's a swelling effect. Not the same with Neurotica where it's like you are approaching and they've already gotten started..so you KNOW you missed something.

Captain Walrus 08-17-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vax
Rush has a track titled Neurotica on their 1991 Roll the Bones CD. I wonder if this played into their decision not to include it on Crush.

Both tracks are equally great, but completly different from one another.

I really doubt it, there were It's My Life's and I Believe's before the Jovi versions

If I had to guess why it was left off, I'd say it's cos the lyrics are thematically too similar to She's A Mystery / Mystery Train

Neurotica80 08-17-2006 03:16 PM

Its ok I suppose...:D

TheseDays2005 08-17-2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
I really doubt it, there were It's My Life's and I Believe's before the Jovi versions

If I had to guess why it was left off, I'd say it's cos the lyrics are thematically too similar to She's A Mystery / Mystery Train

well again a double bad decision, if it was only for that reason then they would've/should've had left of one of the mystery's (if not only for the similar titles)

Bleeding Purist 08-18-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005
well again a double bad decision, if it was only for that reason then they would've/should've had left of one of the mystery's (if not only for the similar titles)

She's A Mystery is a complete waste of space. I like Mystery Train. It would have shone more had the tracklist been handled better.

Bleeding Purist 08-18-2006 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa
Okay, Dave you are going to make me go back and now listen to this song more closely. I've never been overly fond of this tune but I like the lyrics you posted and it makes me want to go back and give it a second chance. So, thank you for that.

deb

So did you give it a 2nd chance or what? Don't worry...we'll still respect you if you still hate it.

Bleeding Purist 08-18-2006 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not Old_Just Older
I love it to... Its just like the voice of reason aka Bleeding Purist said It got balls.... and it has a killer solo!

Bleeding Purist Im glad you found an old song to fall in love with... its always really nice when it happens... For me lately its the song "Drive" its on one of Jons DA singles...

I'm gonna have to pull up "Drive." I never gave that proper attention either and I'm pretty big on the DA period. In fact I have a new favorite song off the album I will probably wind up going into on another post.

Bleeding Purist 08-18-2006 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
Not to de-rail but congrats on the implants!! How's that going for you?

Pretty good. I should probably do an update on that.

Bleeding Purist 08-18-2006 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
I only prefer Say It Isn't So to it.

Coming from you, I'm taking this as sarcasm. But I do like Say It Isn't So for the fact it is different...I just think it was poorly placed on the album and was a poor 2nd single choice.

Not Old_Just Older 08-18-2006 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist
I'm gonna have to pull up "Drive." I never gave that proper attention either and I'm pretty big on the DA period. In fact I have a new favorite song off the album I will probably wind up going into on another post.

Yeah, do that I always enjoy reading your posts!