Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70867)

nikos greece 10-03-2022 03:19 PM

i so hope this ends up to be true!!

Litneg 10-03-2022 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1282867)
Two music icons met today..! 🙌

Little birdie also tells me Richie is returning for a 40th anniversary tour

https://c.tenor.com/WmcD3N-QNFAAAAAC...-surprised.gif

Don't know about it... at first I read as a confirmation, but don't believe until I see it coming directly from someone from the band.

Thinny 10-03-2022 04:22 PM

I'll take it with a pinch of salt for now, but I wouldn't be surpised at this stage. Good old Jerry has also tweeted it...

If it's true and this happens without Richie getting this damn solo album out first I will be a little bit annoyed.... :mad::rolleyes::mrgreen:

bonjovi90 10-03-2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1282870)
I'll take it with a pinch of salt for now, but I wouldn't be surpised at this stage. Good old Jerry has also tweeted it...

If it's true and this happens without Richie getting this damn solo album out first I will be a little bit annoyed.... :mad::rolleyes::mrgreen:

Well we really couldn't blame it on Jon's touring schedule then. Richie's only had like a decade to get a solo album done by the time the tour would start :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Captain_jovi 10-03-2022 04:29 PM

What a boneheaded move to snap a pic with the dude before posting and spilling the beans. If you're going to hint you heard something cool, it's wild to do it this way.

Thinny 10-03-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1282871)
Well we really couldn't blame it on Jon's touring schedule then. Richie's only had like a decade to get a solo album done by the time the tour would start :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yes, it's clearly Jon's fault... :mrgreen::rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1282872)
What a boneheaded move to snap a pic with the dude before posting and spilling the beans. If you're going to hint you heard something cool, it's wild to do it this way.

Agreed. If Tico has been talking I can't imagine Jon is happy about it...

If it's true then it would also make more sense of the fact that they wished Richie happy birthday on the socials for the first time since the split, and Richie shared the BJ statement about Alec on his...

I have to wonder if Alec's death had anything to do with it. Maybe they realised that life is too short to be mad at each other forever or reconnected at Al's funeral.

YOVANAfromPeru 10-03-2022 04:52 PM

Wow! That's big. Tico use to say news when you meet him, so it could be true. It's the only salvation for Bon Jovi, anyway.

steel_horse75 10-03-2022 05:00 PM

Hmmm. Believe it when its officially announced.

Jon and Richie havent said a word but Tico tells some chump at a golf course...??

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Xavi 10-03-2022 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1282873)
I have to wonder if Alec's death had anything to do with it. Maybe they realised that life is too short to be mad at each other forever or reconnected at Al's funeral.

That exactly what i see.
I think Alecs death was a point were they started to move on about 2013.
If its true,it will be the greatest new for every member of this board.

nikos greece 10-03-2022 05:09 PM

it would be a full circle symeology..
alec was the key part of the band forming in the first place and now his demise puts them together once again...
that would be taken from a book..

IF its a true i d be over the moon!!
Richie probably will release the album along with a tour or sth with the band, if they are planning a come back, to ensure his music will be listened from a wider audience..

richiefan95 10-03-2022 05:11 PM

It would be great if they come back together.
If it happens everyone should enjoy it and not complain about Jon's voice and Richies playing.

Captain_jovi 10-03-2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1282877)
Hmmm. Believe it when its officially announced.

Jon and Richie havent said a word but Tico tells some chump at a golf course...??

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

To be fair I get it. Jon and Richie have given thousands of interviews and know what to say and not to say to the media and people on the street. Tico always felt more like a guy that played drums then a celebrity. I can't imagine he's too social media savvy either.

Captain_jovi 10-03-2022 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1282880)
It would be great if they come back together.
If it happens everyone should enjoy it and not complain about Jon's voice and Richies playing.

I think the ticket price point and setlist will have a lot to do with how much people bitch about the quality. I can't see this being cheap if ticket demand skyrockets.

Thinny 10-03-2022 05:30 PM

Jerry appears to have just deleted both of his tweets about it, so he's clearly been told off....:rolleyes:

Litneg 10-03-2022 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, so this shouldn't have been on internet, thanks Jerry hahaha

Thinny 10-03-2022 05:56 PM

Haha yup Jerry has had his wrists slapped for sure.

And this is why as a band you don't give people like Jerry a foot in the door....:rolleyes:

Let's wait and see...

rolo_tomachi 10-03-2022 08:10 PM

These things start with a rumor... or someone spilling the beans and posting it online. This may be true.

I can't imagine a better ending for the documentary than Richie coming back for the 40th Anniversary.

If the documentary is released before the tour, I can imagine the end of the documentary with footage of the band rehearsing with Richie and a first glimpse of the new stage.

bonjovi90 10-03-2022 08:30 PM

I wonder if the band actually got together for some sort of private funeral held for Alec and started to reconcile over that.

rolo_tomachi 10-03-2022 08:39 PM

Either that or they just talked more on the phone and got back in touch.

Let's think about one thing, if Richie is not on the 40th anniversary tour, then it will never happen. They've crossed 60, it's now or never. We also have to see how many shows will be announced. I can't see them doing 100 shows anymore. So it's probably 40 or 50 shows spread out in 2023-2024 if this sells well. Jon knows that having Phil is his safety net. So let's see what happens.

Damn, Axl and Slash are touring together endlessly. I think it's time for Jon and Richie to get back together. At least for the 40th anniversary. It would be an incredible meeting. If it doesn't happen in the end, it will be a big disappointment.

blazeofglory 10-03-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1282887)
I wonder if the band actually got together for some sort of private funeral held for Alec and started to reconcile over that.

I’ve thought about that too, I feel like they all would’ve wanted to be there for Alec’s funeral and it seems like the type of occasion where they might realize that it’s time to mend the bridges they’ve burned, because life is too short and anything could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 10-03-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1282889)
I’ve thought about that too, I feel like they all would’ve wanted to be there for Alec’s funeral and it seems like the type of occasion where they might realize that it’s time to mend the bridges they’ve burned, because life is too short and anything could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Also, in these 10 years, they never congratulated Richie on social media for his birthday, but this July, they did. So strange.
:rolleyes:

Faceman 10-03-2022 09:16 PM

I don't know what to think about it.
A singer with no voice and a guitarist who hadn't had his (musical) shit together for the last decade. A mathematician would say minus x minus = plus but I'm not sure this converts to this kind of situation.

And what happens with Phil and Shanks and Everett?
The stage has already been overloaded at the Hall of Fame performance.

If we still had 2014 I'd been excited as hell. But a lot has changed.
Bon Jovi aren't the same band anymore that Richie left in 2013. The guys aren't the same anymore, their capabilities aren't the same anymore.
Maybe I'm too negative, but right now I can't see this becoming something too good.

Captain_jovi 10-03-2022 09:29 PM

I wouldn't put too much faith in the social media thing. They clearly hired a new intern who is doing very basic, generic posts and probably wasn't told not to post about people no longer in the band. I cant imagine they're paying too much for this stuff and it doesn't feel like it's in house.

It's 2022 and they're doing very "wrong answers only" type of captions, entry level at best.

rolo_tomachi 10-03-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1282891)
I don't know what to think about it.
A singer with no voice and a guitarist who hadn't had his (musical) shit together for the last decade. A mathematician would say minus x minus = plus but I'm not sure this converts to this kind of situation.

And what happens with Phil and Shanks and Everett?
The stage has already been overloaded at the Hall of Fame performance.

If we still had 2014 I'd been excited as hell. But a lot has changed.
Bon Jovi aren't the same band anymore that Richie left in 2013. The guys aren't the same anymore, their capabilities aren't the same anymore.
Maybe I'm too negative, but right now I can't see this becoming something too good.

I'm going to tell you what would be even less than less. That the 40th anniversary could be exactly the same as the April 2022 tour.

I see some crying for Phil and Shanks... really? Look, this band just needed one guitar player, and Jon screwed it up by implementing a second guitar. You just have to bring Richie for the 40th anniversary, and have Phil as a backing guitarist. Shanks can disappear at this tour, the guy is a producer. In the best case, he could have a fleeting appearance in some shows.

A 40th anniversary without Richie is a bigger disappointment than a 40th anniversary without Shanks.

I repeat, this is the last chance to see the band with Richie. This train is not going to happen again.

steel_horse75 10-03-2022 09:35 PM

Say it is true…..

They must’ve rehearsed because for Tico to say Richie is back and they haven’t rehearsed could be carnage if a tour was announced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nikos greece 10-03-2022 09:37 PM

I see some crying for Phil and Shanks... really? Look, this band just needed one guitar player, and Jon screwed it up by implementing a second guitar. You just have to bring Richie for the 40th anniversary, and have Phil as a backing guitarist. Shanks can disappear at this tour, the guy is a producer. In the best case, he could have a fleeting appearance in some shows.

A 40th anniversary without Richie is a bigger disappointment than a 40th anniversary without Shanks.

I repeat, this is the last chance to see the band with Richie. This train is not going to happen again.[/QUOTE]

nicely put...NOONE really cares about any other guitarist than richie in Bon jovi

richiefan95 10-03-2022 09:41 PM

If they keep PhilX and Shanks they should move them to the back like Bobby. I personally don't want to see any other guitarist on the front of the stage when Richie is there. In addition to that they should turn the microphone of PhilX off (except for the Prayer chorus).

Captain_jovi 10-03-2022 09:47 PM

If Richie was there, they wouldn't need Phil on vocals as much I think. But I think you're right. Phil and Richie and no Shanks is the idea combo if Jon miraciously improves his voice and Richie works on his playing.

nikos greece 10-03-2022 09:50 PM

the idea of richie coming back and finishing the doc like that gave me shivers...
great idea...probably wishful thinking but one can dream..

it probably became a snowball effect in order to try and deny it immediately...

who is the guy who played with tico golf and said it? in my gut it seems legit..otherwise he must be a troll to say the least to say sth like this and make tico look bad who gracefully took a photo with him...

(either way he exposed tico though...)

Faceman 10-03-2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1282894)
I see some crying for Phil and Shanks... really?

Not at all, you got me wrong on that part. I just don't see Jon dropping those guys just because Richie returns.
What I'd like to see is a line-up of Jon, Richie, Tico, Dave and Hugh.
What I think we will get is Jon, Richie, Tico, Dave, Hugh, Phil, Shanks, Everett. And that's not my cup of tea.

rolo_tomachi 10-03-2022 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1282901)
Not at all, you got me wrong on that part. I just don't see Jon dropping those guys just because Richie returns.
What I think we will get is Jon, Richie, Tico, Dave, Hugh, Phil, Shanks, Everett. And that's not my cup of tea.

As long as I bring Richie, I don't care how many musicians are on stage. As if Bobby is back.

But let's put it on the ground, and let's imagine that Richie's return doesn't happen. Maybe this guy misunderstood Tico, and he was referring to the documentary, not the tour.

Captain_jovi 10-03-2022 10:47 PM

Everett's role is to vocally put less pressure on Dave as the 2nd-in-line vocalist I think.

Though having all those people and STILL using pre-taped backing vocals would be a damn shame.

Agreed with Rolo though, with Richie there I don't care who else is present. I know what I prefer but this would get me to want to see them again for the last time.

Thinny 10-03-2022 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1282901)

But when was it just the 5 of them last? Early 2000s? It's been 20+ years, they need the extra musicians now. They are in their 60s and cannot pull it off without some extra people on stage to flesh out the sound.

steel_horse75 10-03-2022 11:55 PM

Jerry the jelly has now said it’s not true.

He should stick to whacking off over the backstreet boys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 10-04-2022 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1282904)
But when was it just the 5 of them last? Early 2000s? It's been 20+ years, they need the extra musicians now. They are in their 60s and cannot pull it off without some extra people on stage to flesh out the sound.

On the Bounce tour. Afterwards only on occasion, but not regularly anymore.

Captain_jovi 10-04-2022 01:21 AM

Pretty much. I think the only "shows" betwteen the Bounce tour and the HAND tour were both Bortaga shows (This Left Feels Right and the Box Set). Am I forgetting any dates where it was just the five, minus a smattering of promo gigs where sometimes Bobby was there, sometimes he wasn't? I don't recall if Jeff was a part of the box set promo other than the Borgata either (Today show, etc)

YOVANAfromPeru 10-04-2022 05:02 AM

Matthew Bongiovi: "Know the difference between rumor and facts. Because it's on the internet does not make it true."

JerseyGiant 10-04-2022 11:37 PM

Not to bring a downer on the excitement caused by this but surely this means sweet FA if the lead singer still cant sing? I see the title of that other thread "Has Jon had vocal surgery?" I bloody hope so! Why not! Cant get any worse than what was on stage last tour. Painful and depressing as a fan.

DryCounty 10-05-2022 05:29 PM

Am I the only one having a hard time getting excited about Richie (perhaps) returning knowing the state of Jon’s vocals. I couldn’t enjoy a single second of the April tour, and it’s only because everything Jon touches nowadays becomes horrible. Even though Richie has strong backing vocals nothing can save Jon’s disaster. In some way I prefer Richie to never have been a part of the Bon Jovi where the lead singer is an internet joke because of his voice.

Obviously I get the nostalgic part of Richie rejoining and getting the chemistry of Jon and Richie back. But no matter what they do their live shows is long lost sadly imo.ä

Captain_jovi 10-05-2022 05:36 PM

Agreed with the above. For me it'd just be to kiss it goodbye. I can't stomach paying that much to see Jon like this but if it's the last time I see J+R together I'm down. My expectations are rock bottom either way so I may have an okay time.