Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   TV & Movies (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Star Wars (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=40633)

Thomas Anderson 06-14-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redshift (Post 754493)
Yeah but the Clones won the battle at then end of the film, and at that point in time Palpatine was Supreme Chancellor and not Emperor until Episode 3.

So effectively, the good guys won!

We didn't know though that these good guys would end up being bad guys until EP3.

Maybe not, but the film still ended on a low note for me really. Perhaps it was just that we knew what was to come, but the whole fact of them having an army, despite what the senate wanted, only allowed because the chancellor had been given emergency powers.

As for endings though, I think the end of Episode III is probably one of my absolute favourite endings to a film. Of course there's the whole reminiscent feel of that final shot, as usual always ending on a shot with a Skywalker in frame, and that absolutely wonderful piece of music (Binary Sunset I think it is) One of those very few film moments that just gives me chills.

Cross Road 06-14-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redshift (Post 754493)
Yeah but the Clones won the battle at then end of the film, and at that point in time Palpatine was Supreme Chancellor and not Emperor until Episode 3.

So effectively, the good guys won!

We didn't know though that these good guys would end up being bad guys until EP3.

They didn't really win the battle. As Yoda said, the clone wars have just begun.

Redshift 06-14-2007 07:53 PM

And another qusetion.

Old Lucas did a bloody good job of intertwining the original trilogy with the pequels, wrapping up all the loose ends.

But the part that shirked me was - Heres wise Obi-Wan that agrees to care and watch over Luke and hide him from his father.
He could take him to any part of the galaxy - Dagobah, Hoth, Bespin - you name it, but no, he takes him to live on Tatooine with Vaders in-laws. Now I know that Vader had no knowledge of Lukes exsistence at this point, but Yoda got it right giving Leia to Jimmy Smits.
Now I know Obi-Wan probably thought it "wise" to give Luke to relatives. But Jedi don't feel emotion so he didn't do it out of kindness.
Not the greatest hiding spot if you ask me - for the protection of the future of the galaxy - too bad if Vader dropped in on the in-laws for a social visit.

Am I reading too much into this?

Redshift 06-14-2007 07:55 PM

[quote=Thomas Anderson;754494

As for endings though, I think the end of Episode III is probably one of my absolute favourite endings to a film. Of course there's the whole reminiscent feel of that final shot, as usual always ending on a shot with a Skywalker in frame, and that absolutely wonderful piece of music (Binary Sunset I think it is) One of those very few film moments that just gives me chills.[/quote]

Right on! Could not agree with you more!!!

Thomas Anderson 06-14-2007 08:00 PM

Well as you said Vader throught the children had died along with Padme, since at her funeral she had been left as if to look still pregnant. Besides which point, Tatooine is a planet on the outer rim and Vader would have no reason to go there.

Redshift 06-14-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson (Post 754500)
Well as you said Vader throught the children had died along with Padme, since at her funeral she had been left as if to look still pregnant. Besides which point, Tatooine is a planet on the outer rim and Vader would have no reason to go there.

I get that. But if he did go there or got close to it, wouldn't he feel the "disturbance" in the force? Feel his sons presence?

Cross Road 06-14-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redshift (Post 754499)
Right on! Could not agree with you more!!!

Same here. That's the best ending I've ever seen.

Also, I think that Sidious knew of Vader's children. He just didn't tell Vader about them. Sidious was waiting until they were old enough to be forced to go to the dark side.

Thomas Anderson 06-14-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redshift (Post 754504)
I get that. But if he did go there or got close to it, wouldn't he feel the "disturbance" in the force? Feel his sons presence?

Why would he? During the attack run on the Death Star at the end of Episode IV all he said was 'The Force is strong in this one' as he was trying to shoot Luke down, he didn't just somehow 'know' that he was his son, no more than Luke knew Leia was his sister.

Redshift 06-15-2007 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson (Post 754527)
Why would he? During the attack run on the Death Star at the end of Episode IV all he said was 'The Force is strong in this one' as he was trying to shoot Luke down, he didn't just somehow 'know' that he was his son, no more than Luke knew Leia was his sister.

I'll give you that.

It occured to me that all through Episode 4 that Vader didn't know Leia was his daughter, even though there was physical contact with her.

And this guy is meant to be the most powerful Jedi/Sith ever - who will bring balance to the force! Sheeesh!!!

Redshift 06-15-2007 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson (Post 754494)
As for endings though, I think the end of Episode III is probably one of my absolute favourite endings to a film. Of course there's the whole reminiscent feel of that final shot, as usual always ending on a shot with a Skywalker in frame, and that absolutely wonderful piece of music (Binary Sunset I think it is) One of those very few film moments that just gives me chills.

One part that gets me on my feet cheering everytime, and makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck is in ROTJ when Luke finally defeats Vader.

From the moment Darth says "if you will not turn to the dark side then perhaps she will" until Luke cuts off Vaders hand, with the big symphony sound in the back ground, this part blows me away. To me it is the culmination of the whole series - good finally defeats evil.

And then to top it off - when Darth finally turns and throws the Emperor down the precipice - almost brings a tear to the eye - especially after having the knowledge of the prequels.

ROTJ could almost have been the best SW movie IMO, if it weren't for the Teddy Bears!