Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Jeeper 09-25-2019 04:58 PM

Not really bothered about the subject matter - it’s the music and delivery for me.

I find it a bit odd that people are bothered that Jon wants to write about stuff he sees in the news or reads in a paper. Isn’t that more interesting to you than him writing about being rich, having lots of famous friends, his wine business?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johny 09-25-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1259056)
Not really bothered about the subject matter - it’s the music and delivery for me.

I find it a bit odd that people are bothered that Jon wants to write about stuff he sees in the news or reads in a paper. Isn’t that more interesting to you than him writing about being rich, having lots of famous friends, his wine business?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's probably because of the fact that such socially conscious song are usually quite uninspired.
I don't wish him anything bad but an artist produces his best in some sort of pain. Teardrop To The Sea could be a recent example.

Rdkopper 09-26-2019 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1259057)
I don't wish him anything bad but an artist produces his best in some sort of pain. Teardrop To The Sea could be a recent example.

That might hold some truth but then you'll get an album full of those songs... You still want some uplifting rock songs...

Don't forget, These Days is a darker album when the band were in happier times...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 09-26-2019 08:19 AM

20/20: The New Album

17 songs...can you imagine how shit some of them are....it can’t be worse than the last album surely.....

I’m more excited about the box set than the new album

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liljovi93 09-26-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1259064)
17 songs...can you imagine how shit some of them are....it can’t be worse than the last album surely.....

I’m more excited about the box set than the new album

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ar mate seriously give it a ****ing rest.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Savvi 09-27-2019 04:33 AM

I'm excited for it.

While not FANTASTIC albums, there are songs on TC, WAN and THINFS I really love and still enjoy to this day. So if I get an album with a handful of songs I like and will still listen to in a few years time, then that's a win.

No use expecting a These Days 2.0 (I'd prefer a KTF 2.0 anyway) :p

Jay Jay 09-27-2019 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1259073)
I'm excited for it.

While not FANTASTIC albums, there are songs on TC, WAN and THINFS I really love and still enjoy to this day. So if I get an album with a handful of songs I like and will still listen to in a few years time, then that's a win.

No use expecting a These Days 2.0 (I'd prefer a KTF 2.0 anyway) :p

Right on. I agree 100%.

Xavi 09-27-2019 04:13 PM

For me,its the first time since BJ entered in my life,back in 1994,that Im not excited and willing to a new BJ album.

I am more excited about a new Box Set in the future than to new albums.
I wish BJ would release more stuff like Bruce does with old gigs and box sets of old albums.
Im in a nostalgia mood.

9Songs4U 09-27-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1259036)
Doubt it's the same one but that's two songs by Jon called Let It Rain I guess.

Why not? If the song was never released as an studio but live track

bonjovi90 09-27-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Songs4U (Post 1259078)
Why not? If the song was never released as an studio but live track

That'd make no sense. The song was written with half Italian lyrics and an arrangement to fit Pavarotti's tenor voice. I doubt that Jon even remembers it.