Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   It's time to let Bounce rest in peace. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=5946)

Bobz 01-28-2003 01:31 AM

The problem with the charts here in the UK is that they are controlled by 13 year old girls, who are only interested in the pop idol type groups because they measure up to what they want to grow up to be, or the boy they want to date, 40 year old rockers with great songs arnt going to be able to get into that sort of audience, and so will never sell the number of singles/albums required to get high in the charts.

If you go to bars/clubs in the UK that have live music, you will see that rock is alive and well... with good songwriters... it's just that there isnt the commercial market for those bands so they cant get a deal.

Bobz

choclady 01-28-2003 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike
Quote:

Originally Posted by choclady
Quote:

Originally Posted by joviscout
nope that was created in the uk.

really? but surely it all started with making the band (o-town) and then they did the popstars thingy in england....no?

I'm afraid we in the UK have to take the credit. It all started with Nasty nigel & Hearsay :(

mike

oh i remember that :D i loved nigel :lol: :lol:

jedijovi 01-28-2003 01:42 AM

Bon Jovi were the top ticket sellers at Pollstar last week. I believe they will always be a live force to be reckoned with, just like Bruce and The Stones.

choclady 01-28-2003 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedijovi
Bon Jovi were the top ticket sellers at Pollstar last week. I believe they will always be a live force to be reckoned with, just like Bruce and The Stones.

not quite, at least not here in germany...

Mongoose 01-28-2003 01:46 AM

Quote:

Undivided won't work -we already have Bruce and The Rising to thank for monopolizing the dancing on the graves of dead Americans market.
grr The Rising was a fantastic album and a fitting tribute to 11/9

Mousebounce 01-28-2003 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose
Quote:

Undivided won't work -we already have Bruce and The Rising to thank for monopolizing the dancing on the graves of dead Americans market.
grr The Rising was a fantastic album and a fitting tribute to 11/9

I loved The Rising...that is a GREAT album! I don't think it "danced on any graves." It was very well put together. :evil:

joviscout 01-28-2003 01:52 AM

If bruce was dancing on the graves of the 9/11 attacks wouldnt he have called his album ground zero?

Mongoose 01-28-2003 01:53 AM

woooo woooo mousey :D

black sheep ale is very nice! try to find some in yankeeland, ask your students if you cant find any. Im sure they know all about beer :D

choclady 01-28-2003 01:55 AM

Quote:

black sheep ale is very nice! try to find some in yankeeland, ask your students if you cant find any. Im sure they know all about beer :D

goose, dear, her students are only 12 years old... :oops: :roll:

Mousebounce 01-28-2003 01:55 AM

Quote:

Beer...at 12...lord. :oops:

Black sheep ale...what is that??? I am drinking some Sapporo myself right now. :D A little Japanese for me. :D