Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Discovery of the year (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=33229)

ponrauil 12-03-2005 02:48 AM

Discovery of the year

Definitely :

http://daemlich.net/9419

Ponrauil

RyanBounce04 12-03-2005 03:23 AM

Ughhh... I don't know which is worse... Europe or this band! LOL

Ryan

spunkywho 12-03-2005 04:04 AM

Alex posted that a loooong time ago :p

eriK 12-05-2005 06:50 PM

Blasphemy! And there is nothing wrong with Europe.

Iceman 12-05-2005 07:39 PM

Europe rocks. More so than Bon Jovi does these days.

Ice

father_time 12-05-2005 08:44 PM

'the final countdown' is one of the most insufferable songs i have ever heard.

the video is cheesiest hair metal video (in this case meaning 'worst') i have seen.

eriK 12-05-2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by father_time

the video is cheesiest hair metal video (in this case meaning 'worst') i have seen.

That doesn't mean that they don't rock. Whitesnake rocks and the vid for "Here I go again" is shit.

Alphavictim 12-05-2005 11:26 PM

Quote:

Ughhh... I don't know which is worse... Europe or this band! LOL
Excuse me? As far as I remember you're a big fan of New Jersey, so how can you not like Europe? Back in the day they were, just like Bon Jovi, hairmetal heroes. Am I wrong in thinking you know probably three songs (TFC, Rock The Night and Carrie) by them?

Quote:

I must've forgot how Runaway, Only Lonely, Prayer, Bad Medicine and Born To Be My Baby were epic, cliché-free masterpieces.

diesel20056 12-06-2005 04:48 PM

icey ur well funny man u make me laugh every day when i visit this site europe rocks!!!!
________
Portable vaporizer

Iceman 12-06-2005 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel20056
icey ur well funny man u make me laugh every day when i visit this site europe rocks!!!!

I could've answered to that if I could read it.

Ice

Mr Bluesman 12-06-2005 07:12 PM

Haha, love it.

father_time 12-12-2005 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim
I must've forgot how Runaway, Only Lonely, Prayer, Bad Medicine and Born To Be My Baby were epic, cliché-free masterpieces.

at what point did i make a criticism regarding clichés?

RyanBounce04 12-12-2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim
Excuse me? As far as I remember you're a big fan of New Jersey, so how can you not like Europe? Back in the day they were, just like Bon Jovi, hairmetal heroes. Am I wrong in thinking you know probably three songs (TFC, Rock The Night and Carrie) by them?

Yes, I am indeed a big fan of New Jersey.... Does that mean I like Europe? Nope. I actually have 4 Europe albums thanks to my mom who gave them to me close to 4 years ago. I infact listened to each and every one of them. To be specific I have... Wings of Tomorrow, Final Countdown, Out of this World, Prisoners of Paradise. The only one I could stand was Out of This World. Just because I can stand it, doesn't mean I listen to it. I listened to that album twice and have never played it again. As for the rest... They lie under a pile of dust on the lower shelf, towards the right side of my closet.

Ryan

gazthomas 12-12-2005 11:06 PM

Simon Webb

he is awesome reminds me of the lighthouse family

Iceman 12-12-2005 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBounce04
The only one I could stand was Out of This World. Just because I can stand it, doesn't mean I listen to it. I listened to that album twice and have never played it again.

If you've played an album twice, you haven't heard it. Try OOTW and PIP again, you might be surprised. And Final Countdown is a masterpiece, the whole album is full of hits.

Ice

Alphavictim 12-13-2005 12:15 AM

Apart from Time Has Come Today and On The Loose, all the songs on TFC are just downright awesome. The two aforementioned are okay, but not as good as the others. As an album, I actually prefer the record over Slippery. Yeah, sue me.