Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official July 21 Piața Constituției, Bucharest, Romania Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70608)

bonjovi90 07-24-2019 07:29 PM

Well, he did his best to really mumble the words so it got harder to understand the apology...

PanosBonJovi 07-24-2019 07:56 PM

As I said before the main question now is if Jon is able to revert his vocal situation. I don't know if he needs to undergo a surgery or just practice his ass off with a vocal coach but Seb said also something accurate, as far as he's concerned he might not care that much in the end of the day and just keep coming back since he keeps selling out stadiums. Who knows? Only time will tell.

It's a mistake for me to add a second leg to South America for the same tour as well but I guess easy money, not that he really need the extra bucks. He should focus on getting his vocals back on track. Other than that, he was/is in a great shape.

Anyway, hopefully 2020 is better for Jon and the band.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-24-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1257675)
Well, he did his best to really mumble the words so it got harder to understand the apology...

I think so
btw DavetheGodofKeys, I also went to this concert walking... no idea why at the end of the concert ALL the people went to the opposite direction of me, so very soon I was completely alone in the streets too, but I continued... a few minutes later I saw my hotel so everything was just fine!

DavetheGodofKeys 07-24-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1257678)
I think so
btw DavetheGodofKeys, I also went to this concert walking... no idea why at the end of the concert ALL the people went to the opposite direction of me, so very soon I was completely alone in the streets too, but I continued... a few minutes later I saw my hotel so everything was just fine!

Out of curiosity, which hotel were you staying in? We might've been at the same hotel, who knows.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-24-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1257680)
Out of curiosity, which hotel were you staying in? We might've been at the same hotel, who knows.

A hotel right in front of that famous church... that it will be the biggest of the world when they finish its construction... lol

BJFan99 07-24-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1257644)
If this happened in a karaoke bar the security would remove Jon from the premises.

https://youtu.be/2WJj47kzXi8

Excuse me, but what the f*cking hell was that?

I sincerely can't believe Jon dares to go on stage with his voice at this state. It's a f*cking disgrace. He doesn't even sound like himself anymore.

Sorry for the harsh tone, but that IDFY was just unacceptably awful.

Thinny 07-24-2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1257677)
...or just practice his ass off with a vocal coach

Pretty sure he's already done that....

Butters 07-24-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1257686)
Excuse me, but what the f*cking hell was that?

I sincerely can't believe Jon dares to go on stage with his voice at this state. It's a f*cking disgrace. He doesn't even sound like himself anymore.

Sorry for the harsh tone, but that IDFY was just unacceptably awful.

Yeah. I wish Dave had stopped the song and called him out on how much he ****ed up.

efpg0708 07-25-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1257696)
Yeah. I wish Dave had stopped the song and called him out on how much he ****ed up.

Wrong key Jon. Let’s try that again. Wrong key again. Let’s give it one more try ...

That would have been awesome

SadieLady 07-25-2019 02:11 AM

Jon has a vocal coach but part of the problem is that he probably needs a different one using different methods and Jon tends to be loyal to the people he surrounds himself with. Something is obviously wrong; something is obviously not working in terms of vocal coaching.
Jon never wanted to be a nostalgia band and thinks that by releasing new music, it means the band is still current. However, most of his fans attend his concerts out of the loyalty the band earned many years ago. These fans attend his concerts out of nostalgia for the band and nostalgia for youthful days. The current reality comes as a harsh awakening--the contrast between now and then is too much and becomes sad/annoying. It is not the band that is the problem but Jon. The exception is, of course, are those few nights when magic happens and Jon becomes the frontman they yearn for.