Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Phil X (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55719)

bonjovi90 06-05-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1253934)
I talked to a friend about Phil and she told me he's doing everything to be fired... like he's sick and tired of his role and would rather be set free. Can't see his heart being in the band, he clearly has made enough money and got famous enough to get his thing going full steam. Tried to listen to his stuff but sorry, still don't dig it.

Is that her opinion or did she hear that from some inside source maybe? I wouldn't discount it, ever since the HoF something is off. Like that he has seen how close Jon and Richie may have been during rehearsals etc for it and realized that he'll never be really more than a substitution.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Eveline 06-05-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1253942)
Is that her opinion or did she hear that from some inside source maybe? I wouldn't discount it, ever since the HoF something is off. Like that he has seen how close Jon and Richie may have been during rehearsals etc for it and realized that he'll never be really more than a substitution.

that's indeed a very strong point here. same was with Rich and Ori... and we heard of their split not long afterwards. It's like RHOF was a catalyst for everything.

DavetheGodofKeys 06-05-2019 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1253960)
that's indeed a very strong point here. same was with Rich and Ori... and we heard of their split not long afterwards. It's like RHOF was a catalyst for everything.

Everything aligns perfectly so we can have a Jon and Richie reunion. :D

Eveline 06-05-2019 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1253993)
Everything aligns perfectly so we can have a Jon and Richie reunion. :D

hopefully :D

efpg0708 06-06-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

I talked to a friend about Phil and she told me he's doing everything to be fired... like he's sick and tired of his role and would rather be set free. Can't see his heart being in the band, he clearly has made enough money and got famous enough to get his thing going full steam. Tried to listen to his stuff but sorry, still don't dig it.

That’s easy. Just say to Jon - man, let me sing, you should play guitar.

rosa3 06-06-2019 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1254011)
That’s easy. Just say to Jon - man, let me sing, you should play guitar.

This is such BS!! If PhilX was not happy he would have left along time ago, please don't believe everything you hear or read, take it with a grain of salt.

ticos_stick 06-06-2019 02:36 AM

So we've resorted to making up rumours about Phil being unhappy in the band?

Time to close the board down fellas.

Lisa71 06-06-2019 02:43 AM

Quote:

What a load of bull!!

bonjovi90 06-06-2019 02:47 AM

Artistically, he surely is bored out of his mind on stage. But the paycheck is good. It'll pretty much depend on the new album. If he really is given the room and space to bring some input into the musical structure in this band, he'll be fine. If not, I can see him not doing this forever.
Once upon a time, when we discussed Richie not having the input many wished for, we had users saying for years "if he's unhappy, he would've left the band". One day, he walked out...

ticos_stick 06-06-2019 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1254015)
Artistically, he surely is bored out of his mind on stage. But the paycheck is good. It'll pretty much depend on the new album. If he really is given the room and space to bring some input into the musical structure in this band, he'll be fine. If not, I can see him not doing this forever.
Once upon a time, when we discussed Richie not having the input many wished for, we had users saying for years "if he's unhappy, he would've left the band". One day, he walked out...

The comparisons with Phil and Richie end at the fact that they're both guitarists.

Richie left because he was tired of touring after 30+ years, had little creative input anymore and had substance abuse issues. He also had vast amounts of money to retire with and still do his solo work.

Phil is and always has been a hired hand. His job is to play guitar in a huge band and get paid handsomely to do so. Why would he ever jeopardise that? He won the lottery ffs.