Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Captain_jovi 01-01-2019 07:35 PM

It doesn't help when the snark goes from thread to thread. A post about a non post-2000 topic doesn't need a "it's still better than What About Now" or "nowadays Jon would sing it Thisaaaintalovesawwwwg". It never has anything to do with what people are talking about and just random bitching.

JackieBlue 01-01-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249872)
...the song was written in 1995. What is Richie talking about here?

You mean the timing? It's not clear, but he could be talking about any time between Desert Storm (around 1990-ish, iirc) and Desert Strike (Desert Shield?), which was several years later.

Alphavictim 01-01-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1249875)
It doesn't help when the snark goes from thread to thread. A post about a non post-2000 topic doesn't need a "it's still better than What About Now" or "nowadays Jon would sing it Thisaaaintalovesawwwwg". It never has anything to do with what people are talking about and just random bitching.

I mean, don't get me wrong... I think you are a super chill guy, but what do you expect if you (a moderator!) can be reguarly harrassed with no consequence? But then again, the constant abuse has been part of the boards from the get go - as knowledgeable as Seb may be, he has been prone to be a dick to newcomers forever.

It's just a rather tough beat to be around, so I understand not a lot of new people (especially not those who have come to know the internet via social media) come.

JackieBlue 01-01-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1249874)
I know a few people on here who don't post because of the negativity. Negativity is everywhere but sometimes it gets worse...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I agree; but it still isn't anything new on JT. As long as I've been here, people have been pretty negative about a lot of things: the quality of the albums, repetitious themes, and predictable setlists, etc. But as the Capt pointed out, over the past couple years, it seems like the attacks on Jon's vocals pop up on as many unrelated threads as Richie does.

Captain_jovi 01-01-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249877)
I mean, don't get me wrong... I think you are a super chill guy, but what do you expect if you (a moderator!) can be reguarly harrassed with no consequence? But then again, the constant abuse has been part of the boards from the get go - as knowledgeable as Seb may be, he has been prone to be a dick to newcomers forever.

It's just a rather tough beat to be around, so I understand not a lot of new people (especially not those who have come to know the internet via social media) come.

Valid valid valid point. The mods got a HUGE backlash when we tried to crack down and set some rules. Trying to fix the boards has been a real damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. We actually got referred to as nazi's at one point by a poster. Nazis.

JackieBlue 01-01-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1249879)
... We actually got referred to as nazi's at one point by a poster. Nazis.

Yeah, my German friend (the one RDK doesn't believe for one second that I have) was just a wee bit offended by that, too.

Thinny 01-01-2019 09:05 PM

Honestly, if Jon was in fantastic voice, the band were playing great setlists, Richie was on form and releasing great solo albums there would still be shed loads of negativity...it's the way of the internet. Look at any posts on social media....

Having said that, the people that can't seem to handle any negative comments, even when they are well deserved, are just as annoying as those that are deliberatly being negative in my opinion...

I think that topics going off on random conversations between 2 board members that have nothing to do with the band, never mind the current topic, got to be much more of a problem, at least for me. I almost gave up on this place for that reason last month...

Thinny 01-01-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnishFan (Post 1249871)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vRpctRvOso

Richie Sambora - One Night of Peace

I don't remember seeing a pro-shot video of this before, and I just love this! You can also clearly hear the influence of the co-writer Bruce Foster, who is playing the piano. I wish we could get more this kind of songs, and also hear them on the road...

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen it before! Great performance! Kenny Aronoff on drums too!

YOVANAfromPeru 01-01-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksanova (Post 1249867)
Prospero Año Nuevo!!!

Próspero Año Nuevo, ksanova!
And Happy New Year, Elvis voice...!!! lol

Becky 01-01-2019 09:48 PM

There are also people who cannot seem to handle any positive comments and go into personal attack mode against anyone who dares to enjoy something. Yes, a lot of people have left this board because it’s negative and they get attacked. So more & more people go to other platforms.

I sincerely hope everyone here can find something to be happy about in ‘19, Bon Jovi related or not.