Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie is being investigated by the police (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68986)

Becky 04-03-2015 04:56 PM

Why did contactmusic use a picture of Jon and Dorothea in the article instead of a picture of Richie and Nikki?

Walleris 04-03-2015 05:24 PM

Given the place Richie's currently in, stories like this are very fitting. And it's a shame because these articles obviously mention Bon Jovi and therefore diminish a good PR reputation that the band has build over the decades.

rocknation 04-03-2015 05:35 PM

LOL -- you don't have to read past the subheadlines to see that Lund has a MAJOR credibility problem:
  • Richie Sambora is about to be quizzed by police over claims he 'threatened to kill' his former fashion designer lover and business partner
  • She is a childhood friend of Kim Kardashian
  • Police in the wealthy Los Angeles suburb of Calabasas confirmed Sambora is a 'person of interest' in an active investigation into criminal threats
  • Their joint venture collapsed at the last moment and Nikki went out on her own
  • Rock star is believed to be on vacation in Bora Bora with his ex-wife Heather Locklear and daughter Ava
But wouldn't it be something if Richie and Heather got back together? Wouldn't that be the icing on both Nikki and Orianthi's cakes?

Old Joysey 04-03-2015 05:38 PM

I didn't realize it until I read it on a fanpage but this story is revealed on the 2nd anniversary of Richie's departure from the band... Premeditation, coincidence or bad karma?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1186487)
Why did contactmusic use a picture of Jon and Dorothea in the article instead of a picture of Richie and Nikki?

Because it's a Team Richie paper! :p :lol:
I reckon it's confusing but I guess it's just there to tempt people into clicking on the link/caption and thus obtain more hits/internet traffic on their site.

With all the fuss that Nikki Lund has recently been making about her so-called childhood friendship with Kim Kardashian and the release of baby picturesthat should have remained private, it's obvious she's a desperate attention-seeker and a low-class act, her Playboy interview about Richie was quite something already and this is just a new chapter in her thick book. Kardashian didn't react in the media and unless Richie did something illegal (which I doubt) he'll have his lawyers settle the matter with a great big check and move on.

Happiness is...

https://scontent-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...3c&oe=5570F441

rocknation 04-03-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1186490)
...With all the fuss that Nikki Lund has recently been making about her so-called childhood friendship with Kim Kardashian and the release of baby pictures that should have remained private, it's obvious she's a desperate attention-seeker and a low-class act...this is just a new chapter in her thick book...unless Richie did something illegal (which I doubt)...

Bingo!!! Even if she is telling the truth about what Richie said, we don't yet know WHY he said it, or when. More important, given her track record, there's no reason to believe her, and any reasonable doubt must go the defendant. Without Richie as a "sugar daddy" source of romance, fame OR money, Nikki IS dead and buried -- and she just might be angry enough about that to try to take him down with her.

Becky 04-03-2015 06:27 PM

Out of curiosity, I looked up the police officer named... he's real and so is the department. So I believe the story is legit and Richie really is being investigated. Also, I believe that there must be some kind of evidence beyond he said/she said for them to take it seriously enough to consider him a person of interest. At first I thought it could be just her word against his and then I remembered that my step sister had to have more than that to get a restraining order against her husband. This could get very ugly. Or Richie might not come back from Bora Bora. The US doesn't have an extradition treaty with Bora Bora.

Kathleen 04-03-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1186492)
Out of curiosity, I looked up the police officer named... he's real and so is the department. So I believe the story is legit and Richie really is being investigated. Also, I believe that there must be some kind of evidence beyond he said/she said for them to take it seriously enough to consider him a person of interest. At first I thought it could be just her word against his and then I remembered that my step sister had to have more than that to get a restraining order against her husband. This could get very ugly. Or Richie might not come back from Bora Bora. The US doesn't have an extradition treaty with Bora Bora.

Staying in Bora Bora would be very limiting musically though - wouldn't it? Personally I think it will get settled by the lawyers but as Becky said - it will leave a bad taste and another blot on his reputation.

Becky 04-03-2015 07:09 PM

Being in Bora Bora wouldn't be as musically limiting as being in jail for 4 years--wasn't that what the article said he could get? It wouldn't be his first offense since he has that DUI on his record. But he's wealthy and rich people do tend to get off by writing big checks so... he probably won't get anything other than bad publicity and having to take anger management/substance abuse counseling in the end.

dumy 04-03-2015 07:52 PM

I don’t know if it's true or not, but I always felt that Richie had a dark side that most people don't know, especially when he is intoxicated and that he’s not always the funny nice guy who makes jokes. But who know.

As for Nikki I think her main goal is to tarnish Richie's reputation in the press and that's the kind of thing you can expect when your PR expert is Sean Borg (don’t forget that Richie and Borg did the same thing two years ago when Richie left the band with all the bullshtit who was in press). As some people said this is just the beginning for Nikki.

rocknation 04-03-2015 07:58 PM

If you can't believe TMZ, who CAN you believe?

Quote:

...(A)ccording to Sambora's rep, Richie...had a heated phone call with his ex-gf Nikki Lund about their failing business deal -- but he never threatened to bury her in the desert. Richie told her he was backing out...because he was hemorrhaging money -- having lost $4 million on the venture.

Lund was the one attacking Richie on the phone that day...(The rep) claims...she was pissed off because Richie had skipped a recent L.A. fashion show for the clothing line, and she really lost it when Richie reiterated he was pulling his financial backing.

The rep says Richie remained calm, and even offered to pay...3 months of severance, but claims she just got more and more angry. Sambora feels Lund is bitter over the biz...
If Richie HAD to "reiterate" to Nikki that they were no longer in business together, why did she expect him to attend the fashion show? Indeed, how and why did she manage to go ahead with the show? Instant reasonable doubt -- Thanks, Nikki!

:multi: