Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hysteria (Deluxe Edition) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36816)

Bleeding Purist 08-25-2006 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat
Come on, it's not too late to add Hysteria and Love Bites, acoustic versions!

These have nothing to do with the release of the album. Aren't you referring to the ones recorded years later?

Bleeding Purist 08-25-2006 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
How do you know they're not the same?Tear It Down is the demo, but the rest? For Retroactive only a few things were changed on those songs...

Ice

Because I have them, but on vinyl.

Bleeding Purist 08-25-2006 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat
The Retroactive versions aren't that much different from the original.

The Retroactive versions are re-recorded. You won't be mistaking the original versions with the Retroactive versions. I prefer the version of Ride Into the Sun that appeared as the B-side to the Hysteria single. It starts with drums, not piano.

Dave 1986 08-25-2006 01:31 AM

I already knew I was going to buy this but now I'm REALLY excited! I downloaded the original version of Tear It Down (which is WAY better than the Adrenalize version) and a couple of the extended mixes, but I can't wait to hear the other b-sides! Thanks for posting!

By the way, I'll be updating my original post with album details as it comes, so if I included what's already been posted on this topic, please don't shout at me! It's only so all the album details are together on the first post!

Bleeding Purist 08-25-2006 01:43 AM

As an afterthought, I realize the differences between the Retroactive tracks and the B sides may not be that much...however the point of the inclusion of everything on this set is to cover everything that was released with Hysteria, from the album through all material released in conjunction with it at the time via the singles. So it's a completist set. I would not have been happy had they excluded the 4 B sides on the first disc.

If you are wanting rare stuff like acoustic versions and live versions of songs like Rocket..there is always the Box set.

aph01 08-29-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist
If you are wanting rare stuff like acoustic versions and live versions of songs like Rocket..there is always the Box set.

Theres a box set?

yomamasofat 08-29-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist
These have nothing to do with the release of the album. Aren't you referring to the ones recorded years later?

Both of these songs were written in acoustic, Mutt Lange brought Love Bites as an Eagles' style ballad, I'd like to hear that version.

danfan 08-29-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
I really can't get into any of the album tracks from it ... think I prefer Pyromania in general

Gods of War and Love and Affection are great. I'm just psyched to finally have those 2 remastered.

Personally, I'd rather have Pyromania remastered though, for no other reason than to get Stagefright remastered.

Dave 1986 08-29-2006 05:33 PM

I'm pretty sure we'll see a digitally remastered version of Pyromania very soon. I was listening to it only yesterday in the car and forgotten how great it is! But like i said on an earlier post, all tracks from the Best Of/Rock Of Ages compilations were remastered so everything from On Through The Night up to X might be re-released.

danfan 08-29-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 "HYSTERIA DELUXE EDITION" is released through Mercury Records on the 16th October 2006. In June 2006 Def leppard released a covers album "YEAH!" to widespread acclaim. The band are currently in the midst of a sold out Arena tour of the USA.
[url
http://www.defleppard.com/news/[/url]

Uh-oh. Def Leppard is starting to use the Bon Jovi "sold out" tour line even though not all the shows are sold out.