Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hysteria (Deluxe Edition) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36816)

Iceman 08-29-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
But like i said on an earlier post, all tracks from the Best Of/Rock Of Ages compilations were remastered so everything from On Through The Night up to X might be re-released.

You have to remaster tracks for a best of to make them sound like an album, not a bunch of songs. There's no reason to re-release anything done after the late 90's since the technology hasn't really improved.

Anyone got the feeling the Defs are turning into a nostalgia act?

Ice

danfan 08-29-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman

I've felt that way since the release of Euphoria. I personally liked both that album and X, but they didn't perform much of either of them on the shows I saw that tour. Plus, when you release a 2nd greatest hits album which is basically just a re-release of the 1st greatest hits album (which is all the first disc of Rock Of Ages was), I think that cries retro. Poison, Aerosmith and Motley Crue have all done the same thing. In all fairness, Bon Jovi has had more right than any of those bands to release a 2nd greatest hits album. It's been 12 years since Crossroad, and they've had about a dozen or singles (though some haven't been big) since that time. Plus, Crossroad left off a few of their biggest hits (Born To Be My Baby, Living In Sin, In These Arms.) Of course, I'm still living in that alternate universe where This Left Feels Right was simply a bad dream I had a few years back.

Becky 08-29-2006 10:56 PM

That'll be worth buying! :D Hysteria is one of my favorite CDs.

Neurotica80 08-29-2006 11:25 PM

DL are the new Rolling Stones, put out a greatest hits every couple of years, do a covers album and re-release their old stuff. I bet you it will be available on Itunes too. Oh well I still enjoyed them live.

Dave 1986 08-30-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
You have to remaster tracks for a best of to make them sound like an album, not a bunch of songs. There's no reason to re-release anything done after the late 90's since the technology hasn't really improved.

Ice

I'm not actually putting money on them re-issuing their ENTIRE back catalogue, it was just a thought. I took onboard what you said mind about remastering all tracks on a best of to sound like an album, that's what I thought.

I heard sometime ago that at least the first 4 albums were going to be remastered, which is good enough. Slang, Euphoria and X don't need it as any CD produced/mastered post-1995 sounds fine. Not too sure if they would remaster Adrenalize though, it could do with a remaster, but then again, it's hardly a classic album and any additional b-sides from those sessions were released on Retro Active anyway.

danfan 08-30-2006 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
Slang, Euphoria and X don't need it as any CD produced/mastered post-1995 sounds fine. Not too sure if they would remaster Adrenalize though, it could do with a remaster, but then again, it's hardly a classic album and any additional b-sides from those sessions were released on Retro Active anyway.

What year was Destination Anywhere, 96 or 97? That's one of the shittiest sounding albums I've ever heard. Great album - Shit quality.

yomamasofat 08-30-2006 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan
Gods of War and Love and Affection are great. I'm just psyched to finally have those 2 remastered.

Personally, I'd rather have Pyromania remastered though, for no other reason than to get Stagefright remastered.

Stagefright kicks my ass and then some! Definitely one of their finest moments.

yomamasofat 08-30-2006 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
DL are the new Rolling Stones, put out a greatest hits every couple of years, do a covers album and re-release their old stuff. I bet you it will be available on Itunes too. Oh well I still enjoyed them live.

They haven't reached that stage yet. I think Aerosmith is worse when it comes to greatest hits albums.

yomamasofat 08-30-2006 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan
I've felt that way since the release of Euphoria. I personally liked both that album and X, but they didn't perform much of either of them on the shows I saw that tour. Plus, when you release a 2nd greatest hits album which is basically just a re-release of the 1st greatest hits album (which is all the first disc of Rock Of Ages was), I think that cries retro. Poison, Aerosmith and Motley Crue have all done the same thing. In all fairness, Bon Jovi has had more right than any of those bands to release a 2nd greatest hits album. It's been 12 years since Crossroad, and they've had about a dozen or singles (though some haven't been big) since that time. Plus, Crossroad left off a few of their biggest hits (Born To Be My Baby, Living In Sin, In These Arms.) Of course, I'm still living in that alternate universe where This Left Feels Right was simply a bad dream I had a few years back.

I am as disappointed of you are with DL, but I think there are 2 reasons to it:

1. They don't get as much support from the label as Bon Jovi, so their material doesn't hit the radio as well. If their material doesn't get played in the radio, how would the audience know about it? In all honesty, one of the major reasons why BJ can afford all those stadium shows and play their new shit is because they're the only '80s rock band' who still get major push. Good material can only carry you so far, label support and promotion play a major help.

2. They don't seem to be very proud about playing the new shit (or stuff from their debut album like Wasted). They want mad audience reaction and they don't like it if they don't get cheered like when they play Sugar or Photograph. Well, if you don't get label/radio support, how else are you going to introduce your new shit to the masses?

I'm never a fan of the double bill DL/Bryan Adams or DL/Journey. Now I love Bryan Adams and Journey but you put a band with 10 albums in a double bill, you get a 80-90 minute set, and that's pretty much leaves not much time for deep album cuts. The last decent DL concert was during X tour and they played 4 songs off X (which is a good amount - getting 8 tracks from your new album, especially if your album is not on Hysteria or New Jersey level, is too ****ing much).

Captain_jovi 08-30-2006 03:33 AM

I think some of you are being WAY too harsh as to DL. No, the second best of was not really needed as they haven't had many hits since '95. Defientely not enough that a whole new best of is needed. They are far from Aersomith territory. Crap, Aerosmith is releasing a new best of this October, not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, with 2 new tracks. I mean they JUST had a double disc best of in '01/02