Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hysteria (Deluxe Edition) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36816)

Captain_jovi 08-30-2006 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat
I am as disappointed of you are with DL, but I think there are 2 reasons to it:

1. They don't get as much support from the label as Bon Jovi, so their material doesn't hit the radio as well. If their material doesn't get played in the radio, how would the audience know about it? In all honesty, one of the major reasons why BJ can afford all those stadium shows and play their new shit is because they're the only '80s rock band' who still get major push. Good material can only carry you so far, label support and promotion play a major help.

2. They don't seem to be very proud about playing the new shit (or stuff from their debut album like Wasted). They want mad audience reaction and they don't like it if they don't get cheered like when they play Sugar or Photograph. Well, if you don't get label/radio support, how else are you going to introduce your new shit to the masses?

I'm never a fan of the double bill DL/Bryan Adams or DL/Journey. Now I love Bryan Adams and Journey but you put a band with 10 albums in a double bill, you get a 80-90 minute set, and that's pretty much leaves not much time for deep album cuts. The last decent DL concert was during X tour and they played 4 songs off X (which is a good amount - getting 8 tracks from your new album, especially if your album is not on Hysteria or New Jersey level, is too ****ing much).

4 from X? Which 4? I know Now, You're so beautiful got decent play...what were the other 2? I'd guess long long way to go and...Everyday?

yomamasofat 08-30-2006 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
4 from X? Which 4? I know Now, You're so beautiful got decent play...what were the other 2? I'd guess long long way to go and...Everyday?

Now (turd), You're So Beautiful (best track in X), Four Letter Word (eh), Long Long Way To Go (I love this song but live, it made me want to headbang - they should've reworked it to acoustic).

By the end of the tour, only Now and FLW survived.

Captain_jovi 08-30-2006 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat
Now (turd), You're So Beautiful (best track in X), Four Letter Word (eh), Long Long Way To Go (I love this song but live, it made me want to headbang - they should've reworked it to acoustic).

By the end of the tour, only Now and FLW survived.

Four Letter word! That's the one I was forgetting, thanks.

Dave 1986 08-30-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan
What year was Destination Anywhere, 96 or 97? That's one of the shittiest sounding albums I've ever heard. Great album - Shit quality.

1997, and yeah I know what you mean, but I think it was just ment to sound like that. Very gritty and "cold" sounding, but thats just how the album was produced, not on how good recording technology was back then.

danfan 08-30-2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
1997, and yeah I know what you mean, but I think it was just ment to sound like that. Very gritty and "cold" sounding, but thats just how the album was produced, not on how good recording technology was back then.

I figured as much, but wasn't sure. I'd still be curious to hear it remastered though. Different, but definitely a great album.

Stut 08-30-2006 04:38 PM

Cdwow.com is selling it for £10.99, that´s the cheapest I´ve seen. And with £2 voucher it´s even more cheaper. Only about 13€. Not bad for two cd´s. Play.com is selling it for £12.99.

Dave 1986 10-18-2006 07:40 PM

My CD arived yesterday. It was great to hear the album digitally remastered, and the b-sides have been as well by the sounds of it! I've already heard Tear It Down (original version) and the tracks that appear on Retro Active are are slightly different but still a good listen. The live stuff is great aswell. And the whole set come in a great little digipack. I hope they do this with some of their other albums.

Bleeding Purist 10-26-2006 01:16 PM

I can't even find a copy in Southern California. Tower Records is going out of business so they aren't getting new stock in. Target didn't have it and Best Buy doesn't have it. I haven't checked Wal Mart and I'd like to avoid it if I can (but it looks like I'll be buying KISSology Vol. 1 from there since they have the bonus DVD that I want the most.)

Anyway, looking forward to hearing all of this remastered. I'm still waiting for the complaints of how some songs are "repeating" from Retroactive..or rather whether or not these complaints are still holding water after hearing the tracks now that the album is out. (I just want to gloat a bit.) So far, one person is validating what I was saying before.

danfan 10-26-2006 11:55 PM

I struck out at Target, Best Buy and Circuit City. One place had it, but I'm not paying $27.99 for it.

yomamasofat 10-27-2006 02:32 AM

If anyone can find it for less than 20 bucks let me know. I'm not paying 28 bucks for it.

Thanks.