Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Richie Sambora Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70419)

Captain_jovi 11-03-2018 11:57 PM

The mods aren't censoring thoughts or opinions. We have a thread about Richie's new album and a thread about Richie. I didn't think dedicating a thread to each made sense but people said I was crazy.

Ta freakin dah.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-04-2018 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246813)
The mods aren't censoring thoughts or opinions. We have a thread about Richie's new album and a thread about Richie. I didn't think dedicating a thread to each made sense but people said I was crazy.

Ta freakin dah.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lLs...i6f6/giphy.gif

Rdkopper 11-05-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246813)

Ta freakin dah.

The reason why you need two treads is because when real information does start to flow about the new album, it doesn't get lost in the cluster of shit. Who wants to swift through 32 pages of Jackie's obsession to get to the name of a simple song title.

Based on your logic, lets just have one Jon title too. Album, Tour, Everything Jon goes into one.

Captain_jovi 11-05-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1246922)
The reason why you need two treads is because when real information does start to flow about the new album, it doesn't get lost in the cluster of shit. Who wants to swift through 32 pages of Jackie's obsession to get to the name of a simple song title.

Based on your logic, lets just have one Jon title too. Album, Tour, Everything Jon goes into one.

I'm FINE having two threads, no one is debating that, I'm saying we don't need one for Richie in general and one specifically for his album for reasons you said. The Richie gossip mill doesn't need to be brought up here if there's a place for it. Leave this for talk of his album.

Rdkopper 11-05-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246927)
I'm FINE having two threads, no one is debating that, I'm saying we don't need one for Richie in general and one specifically for his album for reasons you said. The Richie gossip mill doesn't need to be brought up here if there's a place for it. Leave this for talk of his album.

Not sure I follow... you're both agreeing and disagreeing? Bottom line, there are literally 5 fans here who actually give a shit about the Richie gossip mill and an additional 5 who participate because they are basically board with nothing else to talk about right now. Besides that, no one else actually gives a shit so it's not fair to clutter any thread with any of it...

The problem is, every time Jon does an interview and mentions the R word, it's like 2013 all over again...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 11-05-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1246929)
Not sure I follow... you're both agreeing and disagreeing? Bottom line, there are literally 5 fans here who actually give a shit about the Richie gossip mill and an additional 5 who participate because they are basically board with nothing else to talk about right now. Besides that, no one else actually gives a shit so it's not fair to clutter any thread with any of it...

The problem is, every time Jon does an interview and mentions the R word, it's like 2013 all over again...

Right, I'm saying there's no clutter if people leave the why did Richie leave topic in that thread, and talk about the album in this thread. You've made it clear you don't want anything to do with the new Richie album and there are others. But there are ones that DO want to talk about it. It's an easy thing to just not click on topics you have no interest on. Sometimes you create clutter by bitching about how much you don't care.

Rdkopper 11-05-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246930)
Right, I'm saying there's no clutter if people leave the why did Richie leave topic in that thread, and talk about the album in this thread. You've made it clear you don't want anything to do with the new Richie album and there are others. But there are ones that DO want to talk about it. It's an easy thing to just not click on topics you have no interest on. Sometimes you create clutter by bitching about how much you don't care.

Right! That's why you need separate topics... As painful as it is... The real problem is, keeping the people within the correct topics... Kinda like gun control...
Is removing the post going to fix the problem? Or is curing the people from posting incorrectly going to fix it?

YOVANAfromPeru 11-05-2018 10:09 PM

Right!! I thought the “Richie gossip mill” was going to be reduced but since it seems is not the case, I get the 2 threads point and I think people get it, like with the “THINFS Tour ProShots” thread where we don’t have any problem!

Bounce7800 11-05-2018 10:21 PM

I personally can't get enough dissecting why Richie left and how drunk he is/isn't. We should have more threads all dedicated to every facet of Sambora with an opposing Jon thread for each one. Would be wonderful. :rolleyes:

Eveline 11-05-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1246940)
I personally can't get enough dissecting why Richie left and how drunk he is/isn't. We should have more threads all dedicated to every facet of Sambora with an opposing Jon thread for each one. Would be wonderful. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm so guilty of that too. Let's burn the witches at the stake :onfire:

Kathleen 11-06-2018 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1246940)

I cannot get over how much attention - and how many threads and posts are still dedicated to Richie. He has done nothing of note for years - and his last big act was to leave the band cold - with no notice. Nice way to treat your "brothers"

YOVANAfromPeru 11-06-2018 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1246946)
I cannot get over how much attention - and how many threads and posts are still dedicated to Richie. He has done nothing of note for years - and his last big act was to leave the band cold - with no notice. Nice way to treat your "brothers"

Easy... because

JBJ: "Sure there are loads
of guys that can play.
There are lots of
guys who can sing.
But there is - and
only ever will be - one
Richie Sambora!"

Thinny 11-06-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1246946)

I'm not sure why anyone would think that people would just stop talking/forget about someone who was the lead guitarist and major songwriter in the band for 30 years. A lot of people still miss Richie and always will. It's about time the people still angry at Richie realise that...

sure, he could have left in a better way, but that doesn't cancel out the previous 30 years of his life that he gave to the band and the fans.

semigoodlooking 11-06-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1246966)
I'm not sure why anyone would think that people would just stop talking/forget about someone who was the lead guitarist and major songwriter in the band for 30 years. A lot of people still miss Richie and always will. It's about time the people still angry at Richie realise that...

sure, he could have left in a better way, but that doesn't cancel out the previous 30 years of his life that he gave to the band and the fans.

Yep. While the specifics of the conversations on Richie can get tedious, I would say it is obvious why Richie is still discussed. Otherwise, let's close the chapter on all historical aspects of the band. Also, it's not as if he left without plenty of debate around him.

For me, I am done with the band both on record and live. I have said before I am here for the history, so it would make sense that I am drawn more to talking about Richie than the tour (the only two topics with any kind of traction on this board).

FinnishFan 12-15-2018 09:06 AM

Michael Bradford posted a new photo from studio with Richie

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrV6mYuA4AD/

Xavi 12-15-2018 04:34 PM

Its funny to see that he took home a chair from The Circle tour

rolo_tomachi 12-16-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1249544)
Its funny to see that he took home a chair from The Circle tour

He was not the only one. ;)

Very excited that Richie working on a solo album, that's what I've always wanted from him.

Walleris 12-16-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1249555)
He was not the only one. ;)

Yes, I believe it's the chairs that they got for opening the new Giants (now, Metlife) stadium.

DestinationJovi 12-16-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1249560)
Yes, I believe it's the chairs that they got for opening the new Giants (now, Metlife) stadium.

No, they were the front row chairs in the pit throughout the tour. Front row ticket holders could take their chair.

steel_horse75 12-17-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnishFan (Post 1249534)
Michael Bradford posted a new photo from studio with Richie

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrV6mYuA4AD/

Hes put some pudding on.
Lets hope its better than the last one - which sounded like Circle and WAN rejects.
I hope me makes a balls out hard rock record that makes JBJ go - wow!

Alphavictim 12-17-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1249579)
Hes put some pudding on.
Lets hope its better than the last one - which sounded like Circle and WAN rejects.

Which one, Aftermath or RFA?

Also, Forever All The Way is still a terrific song. I just hope the new solo record doesn't take multiple announcements and (supposed) producers to finally see the light of day.

richiefan95 12-17-2018 03:38 PM

The songs that only featured Richie on RFA where good so I am very optimistic.
I don't need a big rock record from him I would be really happy if a record with a lot of acoustic songs a bit like Undiscovered Soul comes out.

Captain_jovi 12-17-2018 03:52 PM

Ditto. I don't need rock songs, give me some soul, lyrics that look like they took time and some decent solos and I'll be happy.

Bounce7800 12-17-2018 03:55 PM

As long as it results in a European tour playing stuff off all of his albums, he can do what the hell he wants as far as I'm concerned

Eveline 12-17-2018 07:48 PM

I'm with you guys. This is exactly what I want too.

GabrielC 12-18-2018 06:21 AM

That is all we want from Richie, we are in the same page here. And I think he can deliver.

Thinny 12-19-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1249579)

I honestly don't think Jon would care what Richie did. It's not like Jon has any interest in making a hard rock record ever again...if he did then he would be writing with Phil, not Shanks or Falcon.

steel_horse75 12-19-2018 12:30 PM

Unfortunately Jovi doesn't feel like Jovi without Richie.

JBJ can talk up phil X all he likes - and he is very good - but he isnt Richie.

Thinny 12-19-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1249656)
Unfortunately Jovi doesn't feel like Jovi without Richie.

JBJ can talk up phil X all he likes - and he is very good - but he isnt Richie.

Agree completely, but at least if Jon wrote with Phil we would more than likely get something that rocks!

Captain_jovi 12-19-2018 01:22 PM

It wouldn't matter WHO he wrote with, the hard rock sound has little to do with the co-writers. Falcon co-wrote Undivided, that could easily have been a ballad. Shanks co-produced Van Halen's last album. It comes down to Jon simply not wanting it and telling press every album is "A real rock record".

Thinny 12-19-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1249661)
It wouldn't matter WHO he wrote with, the hard rock sound has little to do with the co-writers. Falcon co-wrote Undivided, that could easily have been a ballad. Shanks co-produced Van Halen's last album. It comes down to Jon simply not wanting it and telling press every album is "A real rock record".

Fair point....I just feel that if he let Phil in more on the creative process it might help to steer it in a more rocking direction. Probably just dreaming though!

Captain_jovi 12-19-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1249662)
Fair point....I just feel that if he let Phil in more on the creative process it might help to steer it in a more rocking direction. Probably just dreaming though!

No you're not wrong on that, involving Phil in the demoing stage I think would lead to at least a more riff heavy sound.

golittleperson 12-19-2018 04:57 PM

Found this on IG - appears was sent/given to the poster by Tommy Marolda:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrVmk4SBfaZ/

Agree with the comments can hear him at the end (chorus) and possibly all of it but a lot of production going on.

Thinny 12-19-2018 05:03 PM

I think this is a Tom Morolda project that Richie is guesting on. Tom has posted various stuff about Richie playing on his new record.

nikos greece 12-24-2018 10:56 AM

i think and hope Richie still has a couple of good tunes in him. i have spend many hours watching Richie play live and i can say apart from his voice and melodic approach there was a secret weapon in his arsenal, his mojo, his great rythmic right hand tehnique...
in Richie seems so natural and someone can easliy overlook it since richie and bj in general are not riff heavy songwriters.. his nice rythm is witnessed more clearly in his acoustic playing...love for sale for examlple...there are more complex time sigs there as well as in other songs...
many music fans and fellow jovi talkers often refer to Richies playing as fairly easy but the last years he is gone its obvious at least to me that phil/shanks can reach only an 80% of his quality in the bj songs. the musicality and the flow arent there .
dont know why i got technical again but there was another member some weeks back in here that stated that phil x is always playing the bj solos a head of time and loses the real feeling. i found that comment spot on...
having said that i like both phil and shanks on their own but in bj it is a coverband for me.

bonjovi90 12-24-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1249762)
dont know why i got technical again but there was another member some weeks back in here that stated that phil x is always playing the bj solos a head of time and loses the real feeling. i found that comment spot on...

He plays them ahead of time to compensate for Jon's singing coming in too late in time :D

Walleris 12-24-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1249763)
He plays them ahead of time to compensate for Jon's singing coming in too late in time :D

Good point, he hopes that by playing solo too early it will make Jon sing on time AFTER the solo :D

angelsambo 12-24-2018 01:33 PM

new photo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrwF7jgAAZQ/

YOVANAfromPeru 12-28-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1249676)
Found this on IG - appears was sent/given to the poster by Tommy Marolda:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrVmk4SBfaZ/

Agree with the comments can hear him at the end (chorus) and possibly all of it but a lot of production going on.

https://www.facebook.com/SamborAmici...0682833117620/

What the **** is this???
This is even worse than Born again tomorrow and Walls together... lol

Thinny 12-28-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1249845)
https://www.facebook.com/SamborAmici...0682833117620/

What the **** is this???
This is even worse than Born again tomorrow and Walls together... lol

This was already discussed somewhere else. It's not part of Richie's album. It's Richie guesting on a track on Tom Marolda's new album