Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Good Guys Don't Always Wear White (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46739)

Captain_jovi 10-20-2008 11:01 PM

God, One of my favorite Richie solos everrrrrr.

Rob 10-21-2008 12:23 AM

I just love it when BJ rock out like this. Shame it didn't make it on an album.

Dave 1986 10-21-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 885027)
for a song that got released as a single with a videoclip on MTV and promoted with a live performance at the MTV Movie awards, and as the leading track of a pretty famous movie soundtrack, it didn't do too well, did it?

It wasn't meant to be a hit. It was meant to show the world that Bon Jovi still got some balls. I wish they took such a decision nowadays but they missed too many opportunities: undivided and Last Man Standing are just two that spring to my mind,

GGDAWW wasn't released as a single, it was only ever a b-side to Someday I'll Be Saturday Night. That explains why it wasn't a hit.

DevilsSon 10-21-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 885101)
GGDAWW wasn't released as a single, it was only ever a b-side to Someday I'll Be Saturday Night. That explains why it wasn't a hit.

My bad....but it did have a clip on TV. It's my life didn't have a proper single either :P

Yvonne 10-21-2008 01:13 AM

I do like the song, wouldnt say I love it!

TBoy 10-21-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 885102)
My bad....but it did have a clip on TV. It's my life didn't have a proper single either :P

If it was marketed like IML it would have been very good single at least!

Johny 10-21-2008 09:30 AM

That's the way I like it :-) loud, fast, powerful, screaming guitars, unbelievable vocals... I just love this song.

Here's the best performance of this song ever (as far as I'm concerned, they played it live three or four times), much much better than the Wembley one:

Shame that it's so small, but you can still enjoy.

It was probably the last live appearance of Alec with the band, wasn't it?

And my guess is that it was written for Crossroad, not These Days. It was out even before Always (not sure with that). I think it would have fitted Crossroad with Saturday Night and Always perfectly, question is, which of the hits would be omitted. There are more songs on boxset, which were recorded for Crossroad - or in that time.

Simon 10-21-2008 11:46 AM

Wow, that's one hell of a song, one of their best rock songs. So much attitude and passion which is missed these days! Not could have, it SHOULD have been on a regular album!!! If I was to make a new Greatest Hits collection, weather 1984-2007 or 1994-2007, I would make sure it's on there! And as a soundtrack song is has a right to be there - along with "Edge Of A Broken Heart" and "Real Life".

Shame it wasn't played live more often, those versions sound great!

Thunderstrucker 10-21-2008 11:55 AM

It's on the, quite ok, 2nd disc of the Special Crossroads Box (2CD / 1DVD)
Only wrong thing is that they didn't put 'Lay Your Hands On Me' on the cover while it in fact is on the Live in London DVD.
Nice box-set though.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

Chica Guacamole 10-21-2008 12:30 PM

One of my favourite songs. EVER.