Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi in Classic Rocks 100 top rock songs! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46310)

hometownboy 08-21-2008 11:29 PM

Bon Jovi in Classic Rocks 100 top rock songs!

So i bought this months issue of Classic Rock and the main feature was the 100 top rock songs. I was expecting bon jovi to appear with either Livin' On A Prayer , Wanted Dead Or Alive or You Give Love A Bad Name , so i was reading through the list today (its not in a numbered ordered , it's just 100 songs voted for by the readers as the top rock songs)

And there was Bon Jovi's Entry for Blood On Blood! i was pretty suprised as i was expecting to see Prayer , or Wanted as i said earlier!

anyway i just thought i'd share this with you :p

Johny 08-21-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 872961)
So i bought this months issue of Classic Rock and the main feature was the 100 top rock songs. I was expecting bon jovi to appear with either Livin' On A Prayer , Wanted Dead Or Alive or You Give Love A Bad Name , so i was reading through the list today (its not in a numbered ordered , it's just 100 songs voted for by the readers as the top rock songs)

And there was Bon Jovi's Entry for Blood On Blood! i was pretty suprised as i was expecting to see Prayer , or Wanted as i said earlier!

anyway i just thought i'd share this with you :p

It's suprising but it is a masterpiece song that made the list!!

KeepTheFaith2211 08-22-2008 01:05 AM

Wow that's a surprise! But, it is an amazing song and it deserves it's place. Well done Blood On Blood! :D

superjovi 08-22-2008 02:53 AM

That is amazing! Well, it has to be 'cause thats my favorite song ever! :D

zero_zero_UFO 08-22-2008 06:43 PM

Blood On Blood? what number? edit - just read it's not numbered. it should be! number 1, damn straight 8)

that's a pleasant surprise :D

Neurotica33 08-22-2008 07:42 PM

Seems like a token gesture to me. Classic Rock have gone the same way of Kerrrang and completely wiped Bon Jovi from the magazine more or less.:confused:
Seems very strange to have Blood on Blood and not Prayer or Wanted. You woudl think the average reader of Classic Rock is unlikley to have heard BOB as it's an album track.

liljovi93 08-22-2008 09:02 PM

Excellent! It's a suprise!

Goldsausage 08-22-2008 09:44 PM

[QUOTE=Neurotica33;873078]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica33 (Post 873077)
Seems like a token gesture to me. Classic Rock have gone the same way of Kerrrang and completely wiped Bon Jovi from the magazine more or less.:confused:
Seems very strange to have Blood on Blood and not Prayer or Wanted. You woudl think the average reader of Classic Rock is unlikley to have heard BOB as it's an album track.

Surely a true classic rocker would have Slippery and New Jersey?

KeepTheFaith2211 08-22-2008 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=Goldsausage II;873088]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica33 (Post 873078)

Surely a true classic rocker would have Slippery and New Jersey?

You have a point there as Bon Jovi were one of the biggest bands in the world when Slippery/NJ were kicking about.

Jonny Sambora 08-23-2008 01:29 AM

And it list the 'classic version' as the milton Keynes '89 version!! So maybe a little more informed than one would think!!