Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Happy 30th Birthday - New Jersey (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70411)

steel_horse75 09-19-2018 03:16 PM

Happy 30th Birthday - New Jersey

30 years old today.
For me, its the band at their absolute best.
Solid album from start to finish
Fav songs are....well...all of them but BTBMB, LIS, BOB, STYG and WITW are my all time fav Jovi songs.

Thoughts?

Johny 09-19-2018 04:37 PM

The best album ever written and recorded by any band! It's got everything, fun songs, heavy songs, ballads, blues-influenced songs, signature writing and sound, hit songs. The band at their absolute best and the 80s rock music at its best.

james_d 09-19-2018 05:06 PM

It's not quite my favourite BJ album I prefer both KTF and TD but it's still amazing. LIS, WITW and STYG are probably my favourites off of it.

JackieBlue 09-19-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1244649)
30 years old today.
For me, its the band at their absolute best.
Solid album from start to finish
Fav songs are....well...all of them but BTBMB, LIS, BOB, STYG and WITW are my all time fav Jovi songs.

Thoughts?

I agree 99-44/100 %. :p

I love NJ from beginning to end, but my list of top songs would have to include RCR. It's one of my very favorites, all by itself, as is STYG. But the pairing of the two puts them over the top. The special effects mimicking the crackly sound of an old 78 is absolute genius. It's like watching a movie where RCR is a fuzzy, flickering "talking picture" flashback to cowboys of yesteryear and then, with those first clear, strong chords, STYG strips away the fuzziness to continue the same theme in present-day.

It's a lot like choosing a dessert from a dozen options, though, because I truly like all the albums. If pressed, I'd say that Lost Highway has always been my favorite (and btw, boo to all the people hating on WGIGO on the other thread; that song is just awesome!). But if I were being totally objective, I'd have to agree NJ is their best.

YOVANAfromPeru 09-20-2018 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1244658)
But the pairing of the two puts them over the top. The special effects mimicking the crackly sound of an old 78 is absolute genius. It's like watching a movie where RCR is a fuzzy, flickering "talking picture" flashback to cowboys of yesteryear and then, with those first clear, strong chords, STYG strips away the fuzziness to continue the same theme in present-day.

I like that too...
Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1242274)
I would like to hear Love Hurts or My guitar lies bleeding in my arms or Thorn In My Side
I would like a combo: acoustic Ride Cowboy Ride + electric Stick to your guns
acoustically A Teardrop To The Sea or The Fire Inside
and even that cover It's Only Make Believe

Too many things to say about this album...

Eveline 09-20-2018 09:27 AM

NJ has become my favourite right away. Love it from start to finish. It screams Jon and Richie; it's absolutely their songwriting genius shining in every song. Just amazing.