Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The next HAND video (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=33676)

bonjovi girl 01-10-2006 02:04 PM

The next HAND video

Which song do you want to see as the next Bon Jovi video?
I want to be loved-for me.

Spikeout 01-10-2006 02:56 PM

Yep, I agree there its the strongest song on the album just ahead of Last Man Standing, if they released any of the two of them they would be succesfull in my opinion.

Becky 01-10-2006 03:14 PM

I Am

(I'm going to move this to New Releases)

Novocaine 01-10-2006 05:00 PM

If there's a third single/video, I'd like them to give us a rocker.

Novocaine - Last Man Standing - I Am

tweety_b 01-10-2006 05:04 PM

Last Man Standing or I Am would be great :D

Captain_jovi 01-10-2006 06:51 PM

Well are you asking which do I HOPE it will be or which do I THINK it will be. Based on the current setlists, I'd say if they're going to go for another video, and not release Welcome stateside...Story of My Life. They have yet to drop that track a single time.

bjcrazycpa 01-10-2006 07:51 PM

I'd like to see I Am or Story Of My Life.

deb

Rob 01-10-2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweety_b
Last Man Standing or I Am would be great :D

Yeah I agree. :)

Arash 01-10-2006 10:18 PM

Last man standing is a great choice, could have a cool video, but I am is ok with me too.

danfan 01-10-2006 10:24 PM

I'd bet money on Story Of My Life.

Captain_jovi 01-10-2006 10:40 PM

I'm going to change my answer. I don't think there will be another video. If Jons on West Wing in March, performing Welcome to Wherever you are, methinks that will be the next single in USA.

Javier 01-11-2006 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
I'm going to change my answer. I don't think there will be another video. If Jons on West Wing in March, performing Welcome to Wherever you are, methinks that will be the next single in USA.

That makes sense.
though it would be great if they came to their senses and released Story of my life.

Captain_jovi 01-11-2006 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier
That makes sense.
though it would be great if they came to their senses and released Story of my life.

That's what I'm hoping for. They consistantly have played the song all tour long. The only other HAND song that has gotten some exposure is Complicated and releasing that would be the dumbest ****ing move they could do.

SamboraQueen21 01-11-2006 02:17 AM

LMS or Story of My Life ~ both would be good for me

Javier 01-11-2006 03:43 AM

The thing about Story of my Life is that it's a great pop rock song, It's catchy as hell and it represents the album in a great light thing is that, I don't know if people are willing to accept a song like this with the Bon Jovi name attached to it, the pop/punk influence is pretty obvious, still I hope they release it and hope it hits.

Bongo VII 01-11-2006 03:56 AM

Quote:

That's what I'm hoping for. They consistantly have played the song all tour long. The only other HAND song that has gotten some exposure is Complicated and releasing that would be the dumbest ****ing move they could do.

I disagree. The whole "no one understands me" theme in music is huge with teenagers right now, and younger teens won't associate enough with the Bon Jovi name to be weirded out by them releasing that kind of song.

Complicated and I Want to be Loved are the only songs off HAND my younger sister likes, and according to her when she played them for her friends they liked them too. I know seven or eight people is hardly representative of everyone, but she tends to be very into what's popular at the moment with her age group (she's 15), and her liking it is a good sign it'd do well with that age group, and they spend a lot of money on music.

I'd like to see Last Cigarette, but I doubt that'd do well as a single. It's a bit of an acquired taste. Story of My Life would be an excellent choice, especially if they do Welcome beforehand.

Captain_jovi 01-11-2006 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bongo VII
I disagree. The whole "no one understands me" theme in music is huge with teenagers right now, and younger teens won't associate enough with the Bon Jovi name to be weirded out by them releasing that kind of song.

Complicated and I Want to be Loved are the only songs off HAND my younger sister likes, and according to her when she played them for her friends they liked them too. I know seven or eight people is hardly representative of everyone, but she tends to be very into what's popular at the moment with her age group (she's 15), and her liking it is a good sign it'd do well with that age group, and they spend a lot of money on music.

I'd like to see Last Cigarette, but I doubt that'd do well as a single. It's a bit of an acquired taste. Story of My Life would be an excellent choice, especially if they do Welcome beforehand.

The last thing we need is MORE 15 year olds "in love" with Bon Jovi. In my honest opinion, the lyrics are absolute crap. The fact that he co-wrote the song with Max Martin seems to me that he wanted to do another It's My Life type song. It just sounds way too much like Have a Nice Day and It's My Life that I'm almost surprised it wasn't the lead off single. But I digree, I'd prefer it if they didn't release it.

Bongo VII 01-11-2006 04:21 AM

Quote:

The last thing we need is MORE 15 year olds "in love" with Bon Jovi. In my honest opinion, the lyrics are absolute crap. The fact that he co-wrote the song with Max Martin seems to me that he wanted to do another It's My Life type song. It just sounds way too much like Have a Nice Day and It's My Life that I'm almost surprised it wasn't the lead off single. But I digree, I'd prefer it if they didn't release it.

Well from where we're coming from, as fans, I agree it isn't a good move. And I personally really dislike the song, and don't want it to be a single because I'd prefer to pretend it doesn't exist. But from a business "let's make us some money" standpoint, Complicated or I Want to be Loved (another one I don't like much) would probably do best.

Captain_jovi 01-11-2006 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bongo VII
Well from where we're coming from, as fans, I agree it isn't a good move. And I personally really dislike the song, and don't want it to be a single because I'd prefer to pretend it doesn't exist. But from a business "let's make us some money" standpoint, Complicated or I Want to be Loved (another one I don't like much) would probably do best.

Heh we do see eye to eye on the matter. Those are the two songs I probably like least on the record. From a business standpoint, Complicated is safe and a song they've written 10 times in the past 5 years or whatever.

I wonder though, if Welcome is the next single HERE, then they'll need a single after Welcome in Europe. So we might be getting a 4th video regardless, I would hope.

Bongo VII 01-11-2006 05:42 AM

hah, I keep forgetting Welcome's already out in Europe

a 4th video would be great. Like I said, from a business standpoint Complicated or IWTBL would be ideal, but I'd much prefer Novocaine or Story of My Life. I think both could do very well.

Mr. Saturday Night 01-11-2006 08:07 AM

I Am would be perfect in my opinion.

aserkijn 01-11-2006 09:24 AM

Complicated!

Peter Mc 01-11-2006 08:37 PM

I Am would be disastrous in my opinion, such a boring song. Going on past history they tend to load the first half of the album with the singles. You're possibly looking at I Want To Be Loved as the next single. That was probably their original intention anyway. I personally don't think it's a great single, it's difficult to choose from what's left. I think one of the pop/punk songs might be worth a gamble, Last Cigarette and Story Of My Life are very catchy songs whether you like them or not.

Wildflower 01-11-2006 08:42 PM

No doubt about it:Last man standing or I am

Alphavictim 01-11-2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

I think one of the pop/punk songs might be worth a gamble, Last Cigarette and Story Of My Life are very catchy songs whether you like them or not.
Do you even have the slightest idea what "punk" is?

Captain_jovi 01-11-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim

Oh Golly, let's not start this again. He obviously meant one of the up tempo/faster paced songs.

Javier 01-11-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim

Story of my life, Last Cigarrette and Novocain are influenced heavily on the pop/punk stuff that's going on now, It's a prefectly well placed comparison IMO, though if you look at it from the stand point that punk is sex Pistols, Misfits ect..., the I can understand you jumping with a comment like that, but she wasn't talking about punk, but pop/punk, 2 different things.

Alphavictim 01-11-2006 10:59 PM

The Descendents were basically the blue-pint pop-punk-band, and these songs sure are a far shot from them. But yeah, it's true, let's not get into this one again.

Javier 01-11-2006 11:19 PM

*sigh*, key word being INFLUENCED.

Peter Mc 01-17-2006 09:21 PM

I'm not saying they are actual punk songs like The Sex Pistols or The Clash. I'm talking about pop/punk like Green Day, Avril Lavigne, Blink 182 etc. You know sort of punchy little up tempo guitar pop tunes. Most people probably got what I meant.

bonjovi4eva 01-21-2006 11:27 PM

i think complicated, i love that song

_SeBasTiAn_BaCh- 01-22-2006 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi4eva
i think complicated, i love that song

Totally agree with you!!!! I vote for Complicated or Story of My Life!!!

cjboog 01-22-2006 04:45 AM

it's probably going to be welcome to wherever you are. I saw a poster for the album in a store and the poster said, "Featuring: Have A Nice Day, Who Says You Can't Go Home, and Welcome To Wherever You Are" the first two are singles so I can only imagine the third will be also.

Captain_jovi 01-22-2006 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjboog
it's probably going to be welcome to wherever you are. I saw a poster for the album in a store and the poster said, "Featuring: Have A Nice Day, Who Says You Can't Go Home, and Welcome To Wherever You Are" the first two are singles so I can only imagine the third will be also.

....there already IS a video for that song.

Sir_Cizzi 01-22-2006 10:43 AM

I think I Want To Be Loved - 'cause they started playing it live! Finally!!
I really really hope it's going to be that song. 'Cause even the hardrockers like it - so give us IWTBL!

Captain Walrus 01-22-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _SeBasTiAn_BaCh-
Totally agree with you!!!! I vote for Complicated or Story of My Life!!!

I like Complicated (and I know that a lot of people don't), but I don't think it should be released as a single ... if you listen to the album as a whole, IMO it isn't really one of the standout tracks, so if it was released, it'd be like the only reason it was on the album is to be a single. Or something :S

_SeBasTiAn_BaCh- 01-22-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
I like Complicated (and I know that a lot of people don't), but I don't think it should be released as a single ... if you listen to the album as a whole, IMO it isn't really one of the standout tracks, so if it was released, it'd be like the only reason it was on the album is to be a single. Or something :S

In fact there are several songs on the record that could be released as singles, IMO Complicated won't be a single but it's a personal choice!!
A lot of people seem to hate this song but I don't give a ..., the melody sounds great and I love It!!
Anyway, I would never imagine that All About Loving You would be a single, there were better choices on Bounce, so...we can expect anything!

It's just me or does anybody here disagree that songs like Story of My life are Pop/Punk?? My god...punk, hard to comply with that. This song even reminds me of old BJ records, great song!!

Jonbonrocks 01-27-2006 04:03 AM

I think "I Am" is my choice for the next single. I'd prefer DLS, but let's not get started again on why that wasn't even put on the album...

kiddSambo 01-27-2006 05:46 AM

I hope it's I Want To Be Loved, some people think that's a bad choice, but I'd rather that than Complicated.

Dagger Phillips 01-29-2006 02:52 AM

Well If I was the record company the next single would be Welcome to Wherever You Are. And if there was a fourth I'd choose Bells Of Freedom.