Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why can't they just give us proper live recordings? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70689)

Rdkopper 06-15-2020 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1264760)
The International version clocks in at 77 minutes. It's My Life is 3:45 so you can't fit it on there without taking something off. All the tracks were bonafide hits internationally, apart from Runaway and In And Out Of Love, but I think it's important that each album is represented.

That's over 80 minutes...

And why would they release the same thing twice without adjustments? No one would ever buy Crossroads again.

Realistically you would want all albums and singles represented but not not every hits album does that because they still want people to buy the albums so sometimes they leave some hits off on purpose.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 06-15-2020 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1264748)
- calling it One Wild Night Live and the only song of which a studio version is added is the title track
- adding 2 coversongs and not even playing them during the respective tour

Crush was going to be called One Wild Night but for JBJ "it felt more like the title of a live record." Obie presented to JBJ the songs, but he deleted some of them 'cause he wanted a simple CD to show the rock side and the artistic side of the band. About the covers he said he always made versions of known songs because that way he creates a different enviroment to warm and prepare the audience for what they going to see in a real Bon Jovi show.
I like One Wild Night - Live. But no way that's better than my personal collection -_-

Thinny 06-15-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1264761)
That's over 80 minutes...

Yes, that's what I said.....

Quote:

And why would they release the same thing twice without adjustments? No one would ever buy Crossroads again.

It's actually quite common for bands to update greatest hits albums at a later date. Def Leppard have done it with Vault several times. The Best Of, Rock Of Ages and The Story So Far are all pretty much identical, just with additional songs added or replacing some of the lesser known hits. They just give it a different name each time

Quote:

Realistically you would want all albums and singles represented but not not every hits album does that because they still want people to buy the albums so sometimes they leave some hits off on purpose.

I don't think you'd necessarily need every single represented, but I think every album should be with at least one song. It always annoys me that there is nothing from Bounce on the greatest hits. Everyday was a hit in UK/Europe and could have been included.

Rdkopper 06-15-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1264765)
Yes, that's what I said.....

It's actually quite common for bands to update greatest hits albums at a later date. Def Leppard have done it with Vault several times. The Best Of, Rock Of Ages and The Story So Far are all pretty much identical, just with additional songs added or replacing some of the lesser known hits. They just give it a different name each time

I don't think you'd necessarily need every single represented, but I think every album should be with at least one song. It always annoys me that there is nothing from Bounce on the greatest hits. Everyday was a hit in UK/Europe and could have been included.

I think Everyday also got a Grammy nomination in the US. Very strange that the Bounce Album was overlooked...

Misunderstood was also a decent single. They could have even included the title track to represent the album.

bonjovi90 06-15-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1264767)
I think Everyday also got a Grammy nomination in the US. Very strange that the Bounce Album was overlooked...

Misunderstood was also a decent single. They could have even included the title track to represent the album.

I think it was down to Jon's pride, to be honest. He was sure that both the record as well as the single Everyday were going to be big hits (he said that about Everyday in a TV show during the HAND era) and the album started well, but dropped harder than any other record of them had done at that point and no single really made any impact. That must have hurt his ego too much in the long run :D

Alphavictim 06-15-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1264779)
I think it was down to Jon's pride, to be honest. He was sure that both the record as well as the single Everyday were going to be big hits (he said that about Everyday in a TV show during the HAND era) and the album started well, but dropped harder than any other record of them had done at that point and no single really made any impact. That must have hurt his ego too much in the long run :D

Jon the business man should have included Everyday.
Jon the artist should have included Misunderstood and Undivided.
Jon's ego made him include none of these.

bonjovi90 06-15-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1264783)
Jon the business man should have included Everyday.
Jon the artist should have included Misunderstood and Undivided.
Jon's ego made him include none of these.

That (sadly) sums it up perfectly...

Captain_jovi 06-15-2020 11:36 PM

I don't think it's ego that Undivided didn't make it to a greatest hits album, there's zero reason it should be on there. Misunderstood and Everyday though, definitely, at least in the countries they were big hits.

Johny 06-15-2020 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1264792)
I don't think it's ego that Undivided didn't make it to a greatest hits album, there's zero reason it should be on there. Misunderstood and Everyday though, definitely, at least in the countries they were big hits.

It could have been. Tokyo Road, When We Were Beautiful and mainly Blood On Blood are questionable as singles. TR wasn't a single but it was only included on Japanese editionas of GH. Blood On Blood wasn't a single but a fan favourite and probably a planned single. Don't remember about WWWB. Wasn't it released only locally?

Everyday would make more sense and definitely should have been included on the second disc give the overall song selection.

Captain_jovi 06-16-2020 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1264794)
It could have been. Tokyo Road, When We Were Beautiful and mainly Blood On Blood are questionable as singles. TR wasn't a single but it was only included on Japanese editionas of GH. Blood On Blood wasn't a single but a fan favourite and probably a planned single. Don't remember about WWWB. Wasn't it released only locally?

Everyday would make more sense and definitely should have been included on the second disc give the overall song selection.

Sure, but wasn't the 2010 marketed as Best of and fan favourites? In my mind if it had a video it deserves a little more to be on there regardless if it was released to MTV or not. Tokyo Road meant something bigger for the Japan release than a song like Undivided did, just my opinion.

For what it's worth a LOT of the 2010 best of double disc has a lot of fluff, mainly because there wasn't enough hits post Crossroad to really necessitate a two disc release.