Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70840)

StickToYourGuns45 07-15-2023 01:08 AM

THIS AINT A LOVE SONG!!! Didn't think they played this at Stuttgart!

A shame STBI wasn't included, but it doesn't detract from this amazing release.

Thanks Obie!!

Bounce Tour proper next please!! Or Sydney 2010 ��

Kathleen 07-15-2023 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1285530)
THIS AINT A LOVE SONG!!! Didn't think they played this at Stuttgart!

I didn't have that in my setlists either. To be fair - they did play that last on many of the 1996 shows. This was a gorgeous show :) So nice to hear.

Denmad 07-15-2023 01:46 AM

Unbelievable Stuttgart 1996 show.

One of the greatest "These Days" performance I ever heard. And this "My Guitar Lies Bleeding" instrumental and vocals were something else! So nice to hear.

Apart from the fact that the quality of the broadcast was limited. This concert was amazing and in full quality it could be considered an unquestionable work of Jovi art.

Thierry 07-15-2023 10:22 AM

Lie To Me is very intense. Best version I've ever heard of it.

BJFan2021 07-15-2023 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1285533)
Lie To Me is very intense. Best version I've ever heard of it.

Haven’t checked out part 2 yet, but was that Lie To Me even better than Dublin 1996?

Logan72 07-15-2023 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1285523)
To my ears, most of these shows are fake stereos (mono doubled on two channels), some are more accomplished than others and manage to fool us at times, due to a slight reverb shift on some recordings due to radio broadcast.

Even so, I think some of them sound quite good and are very enjoyable.

That's why the JBJ Experience uploads were better, but these also had a little problem, most of them had a Joint Stereo mix, it's still stereo, but encoded differently to take up less space.

That's my impression, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thank you, very interesting - must be about it being too much of a mixing job to do proper/standard stereo each time? I'm pleased this week's show was a good one for everyone :)

rolo_tomachi 07-16-2023 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan72 (Post 1285536)
Thank you, very interesting - must be about it being too much of a mixing job to do proper/standard stereo each time? I'm pleased this week's show was a good one for everyone :)

I don't think that's the problem. I feel like in some step to the broadcast the audio for Sirius we lose this. Also noticed problems with the volume, probably things from the broadcast too, there are parts that sound up to 4 decibels louder, and then everything goes down. If you have the Jbj experience audios you can make a comparison with those of SiriusXM and verify that they are much more stable in that sense.

Peter_Nik 07-17-2023 01:23 PM

This Stuttgart 96 is the best thing that band putted out since 2004´s boxset. Sad that Something to believe in is missing but still..... This My guitar is bleeding version is far better that the one from Yokohama 96. I like how David´s keyboards are loud here and noticable.... and that Lie to me is the best version of this song I ever heard!

Johny 07-18-2023 09:43 PM

I just wonder why there is at least one missing song each of the shows. This must be on purpose. But what is it?

How many shows were complete? Two, three?

StickToYourGuns45 07-19-2023 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1285549)
I just wonder why there is at least one missing song each of the shows. This must be on purpose. But what is it?

How many shows were complete? Two, three?

Hey Johny,

It's odd as there doesn't really seem to be a pattern to it at all. There have been a number of complete shows, however the vast majority have been incomplete.

My gut tells me that all the Sirius XM shows will be available to purchase once the experience is rebooted and they will be complete. Gives us fans a reason to spend some money to purchase something like Rotterdam 93' to get Drift Away or Stuttgart 96' to get Something To Believe In.

The odd this is that additional mixing and editing would need to be done to exclude these tracks.

Doesn't explain why Vegas 11' and Sunrise 06' were complete though.

I originally thought the removed songs were due to a 1hr runtime, however recent releases have trumped that theory and Metlife 2013 was aired with a runtime of close to 3hrs.

What does everyone else think?