Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   iHeart Radio Awards, Icon Award, March 11,2018 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70243)

Becky 03-12-2018 02:54 AM

When Jon cued Tico to start Bad Name, I was watching and muttering, “Not Bad Name, not Bad Name,” because I have always thought it was weak live. So, I am pleasantly surprised that it sounded okay.

I’m not a singer. I just know what make my ears bleed and what doesn’t.

rocknation 03-12-2018 02:57 AM

Captain.Crash 03-12-2018 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1235770)
Sorry Becky. Jon sounded God awful tonight. Off key and all over the place. It was embarrassing.

Agreed. He's getting destroyed on twitter.... Everyone asking "what's wrong" along with a comparison to Bob Saget.

He sounded brutal. My wife (casual fan) said ouch...yikes...and ooof.

Mousebounce 03-12-2018 03:02 AM

It was bad, and it made me sad. I have the live recording from MSG a year ago, and it was just as awful. My friend texted me asking if he was sick. MSG he was just getting over the flu or something. This time...I dunno...

DryCounty 03-12-2018 03:04 AM

I seriously wonder if performances like this is in Bon Jovi's favor these days. A couple of years ago I would have said yes, it's always good to be seen on big events like this - but nowadays it must hurt the brand more than doing it any good.
If the band are gonna do promotion apperances on TV I'd prefer them to be pre-recorded with doctored vocals because this is not good for the band, sadly :(

Mousebounce 03-12-2018 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1235775)
I seriously wonder if performances like this is in Bon Jovi's favor these days. A couple of years ago I would have said yes, it's always good to be seen on big events like this - but nowadays it must hurt the brand more than doing it any good.
If the band are gonna do promotion apperances on TV I'd prefer them to be pre-recorded with doctored vocals because this is not good for the band, sadly :(

Agreed!! Holy....

danfan 03-12-2018 03:11 AM

I only bought tickets for 1 show, and even that I'm having 2nd thoughts about. Honestly, I think they'll crawl across this leg and that will be it. I'm convinced nothing can help Jon anymore. He almost sounds like he's in pain.

rosa3 03-12-2018 03:22 AM

You guys are really taking pleasure at the fact Jon "may" have sounded bad! You wanted this, so congratulations! haha. On facebook many are saying he sounded good, so you believe who you want to believe, or when you guys watchded Jon sing, you basically wanted him to sound bad, and in your minds he did, oh well, no changing the negativity, Was he 100% perfect, no, but he did great in my book, but my opinion here is seen as me being seeing this with "rose colored lenses", and some here have said. Oh and by the way, you say twitter is "killing" him, lets consider who goes on twitter, trolls and haters, just like they are here. Well, I said my peace, you can take it for what it is,

Rdkopper 03-12-2018 03:25 AM

It really wasn't that bad. You are all completely overreacting and being way over dramatic. I thought the band sounded amazing.

My issue is... 5 years and I still can't get over that hair. I have no problem with grey hair. It's actually in style and guys like Hetfield rock it and look cool...

However, Jon actually looks like he's wearing a wig that a 70 year old woman would wear. Rock and Roll has an image and Jon always had that cool factor. The Q-Tip style has to go.

rocknation 03-12-2018 03:28 AM

Cardi B update: The dress she wore while making her acceptance speech, and her announcement that her album is coming out next month instead of in the summer, should prove that she's told the truth about not being pregnant!

https://i.iheart.com/v3/re/new_asset...uality%2880%29