Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   iHeart Radio Awards, Icon Award, March 11,2018 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70243)

DryCounty 03-12-2018 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1235779)
It really wasn't that bad.

Man, it was horrible. I really try to find the good in what the band does these days and even praised some of the stuff from SA last year, but if you're saying this isn't "that bad" you're just living in denial.

Rdkopper 03-12-2018 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1235781)
Man, it was horrible. I really try to find the good in what the band does these days and even praised some of the stuff from SA last year, but if you're saying this isn't "that bad" you're just living in denial.

I thought he pulled off IML for the most part... Sure he dodged a few notes but it wasn't horrible... Bad Name was the usual... No different then it was on Colbert...

It wasn't great but I wasn't cringing either...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Captain.Crash 03-12-2018 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosa3 (Post 1235778)
You guys are really taking pleasure at the fact Jon "may" have sounded bad! You wanted this, so congratulations! haha. On facebook many are saying he sounded good, so you believe who you want to believe, or when you guys watchded Jon sing, you basically wanted him to sound bad, and in your minds he did, oh well, no changing the negativity, Was he 100% perfect, no, but he did great in my book, but my opinion here is seen as me being seeing this with "rose colored lenses", and some here have said. Oh and by the way, you say twitter is "killing" him, lets consider who goes on twitter, trolls and haters, just like they are here. Well, I said my peace, you can take it for what it is,

I really haven't engaged in this debate since it started on the last tour but i'm going to bite this time because of the world wide nature of this show.

I'm as big a fan of this band as it gets, and a positive one. I'm not going to list my resume but it rivals anybody here. I LOVE THINFS, I LOVE WWWU and Walls - I listen to them in my car and on airplanes every day, but the facts are the facts and he sounds brutal. The whisper-singing isn't working and its a massive fall off from previous tours. You can choose to like the performance and I don't care either way but my opinions are my own and I can't listen to it anymore, I wanted to change the channel. There has never been a time in my life where I have thought that.

The only reason I mentioned Twitter is because you search "Bon Jovi" and you read hundreds of tweets that basically say the same thing, by people that don't know each other, its an observation. When people say "What's wrong with his Mic" or "He must be really sick" its an unbiased observation of what they're hearing.

Regardless - you can say he "may" have sounded bad. I say (in my opinion) he was absolutely terrible. I'm not happy about it, but its what I heard. Unlistenable. And believe me, with the time, money and emotion I've put into this band in my life, ive earned the right to my opinion. Nobody asked you to agree.

Rdkopper 03-12-2018 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1235780)
Cardi B update: The dress she wore while making her acceptance speech, and her announcement that her album is coming out next month instead of in the summer, should finally put the pregnancy rumors to rest!

https://i.iheart.com/v3/re/new_asset...uality%2880%29

I don't think anyone on this board cares dude...

DryCounty 03-12-2018 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Crash (Post 1235783)
I really haven't engaged in this debate since it started on the last tour but i'm going to bite this time because of the world wide nature of this show.

I'm as big a fan of this band as it gets, and a positive one. I'm not going to list my resume but it rivals anybody here. I LOVE THINFS, I LOVE WWWU and Walls - I listen to them in my car and on airplanes every day, but the facts are the facts and he sounds brutal. The whisper-singing isn't working and its a massive fall off from previous tours. You can choose to like the performance and I don't care either way but my opinions are my own and I can't listen to it anymore, I wanted to change the channel. There has never been a time in my life where I have thought that.

The only reason I mentioned Twitter is because you search "Bon Jovi" and you read hundreds of tweets that basically say the same thing, by people that don't know each other, its an observation. When people say "What's wrong with his Mic" or "He must be really sick" its an unbiased observation of what they're hearing.

Regardless - you can say he "may" have sounded bad. I say (in my opinion) he was absolutely terrible. I'm not happy about it, but its what I heard. Unlistenable. And believe me, with the time, money and emotion I've put into this band in my life, ive earned the right to my opinion. Nobody asked you to agree.

Greatly put. This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I love the recent Bon Jovi releases, really love - but seeing a performance like the one tonight really makes it embarassing to be a Bon Jovi fan for a brief moment.

rocknation 03-12-2018 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1235784)
I don't think anyone on this board cares (about Cardi B's pregnancy), dude...

Cardi and Jon appear to have something very significant in common: they both think that denial is a river in Egypt!
http://rocktivity.com/Graphics/rimshot.gif

Rdkopper 03-12-2018 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1235785)
Greatly put. This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I love the recent Bon Jovi releases, really love - but seeing a performance like the one tonight really makes it embarassing to be a Bon Jovi fan for a brief moment.

What is great??? He academy award winning speech that earned his opinion the grand one???

All I read was waaa waaa waaa, I have earned my right to say that was awful ..

Alphavictim 03-12-2018 03:45 AM

Haven't heard the performance, but given how he has sounded recently, Jon should really take time off. Take off as much time as he NEEDS to, not as he WANTS to, to recover his voice, to maybe even have throat surgery (it worked for Adele) or see whatever experts that might be able to help the situation, to maybe write new songs in the meantime (so he doesn't feel lazy), whatever. I enjoyed the recent Richie-less output more than I'd figured I would, so this is not to spite his body of work, but I really feel they're not doing themselves any favors.

Consider this: We only have live recordings of certain rarities, and clear soundboard versions are sought after. For about a year, a live performance of the first verse + chorus of HAND's demo version was all we had from the song and it still got us hyped. How hyped would you be if a recent live performance of a song was all you had to judge its quality on?

Plus, if the band is just a studio act nowadays, I still prefer great peformances in that context as well. You can hear Jon's voice gotten weaker on the studio cuts as well, and that won't be helped if he continues to beat it with a rusty knife live.

I respect the man's work ethic and desire to put out the product and put up the goods, but really, he deserves and needs a break. The art, product and result will be better for it.

Rdkopper 03-12-2018 03:48 AM

I agree with the above... He should just make albums and stop touring... Or just some spot shows... Like 20 gig's in major cities to promote and that's it...

DryCounty 03-12-2018 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1235787)
What is great??? He academy award winning speech that earned his opinion the grand one???

All I read was waaa waaa waaa, I have earned my right to say that was awful ..

I'm not one who likes to stat any unnecessary discussion that won't lead anywhere regarding Jon's vocals, but I simply thought it was well put that I also really loves both BB and THINFS with all my heart and it breaks my heart to see the band I love sound like this in a public forum like this. I owe this band so much, and they mean so much to me that it's just tough to see this. Especially in a show like this were the band is supposed to win people over and show the world they are still going strong - instead they show the opposite.

I am honestly happy for you people who can enjoy this, I really wish I could :]