Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Captain_jovi 04-01-2020 02:31 AM

Agreed. Even if it was delayed so he's putting a hold on promoting it, a little promo goes a long way.

liljovi93 04-01-2020 08:25 AM

https://youtu.be/XbzMheJkUK0

Lyric video for 'Limitless'

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

BJFan99 04-01-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1262846)
imo jon should get Richie back and deliver songs in his mid and lower register..

Let alone high, Jon doesn't even have his mid register anymore - just his low one (e.g. I Will Drive You Home). Like someone said, he better start writing songs in the vein of Leonard Cohen in case he wants to sustain his singing career for at least a few years longer.

steel_horse75 04-01-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262836)
Well it's just one of my theories. There's a reason why Limitless isn't moving as much, and I don't think it's because of the confinement.

Beautiful Drug already has a video shot, and curiously it is the first song on the album, it is also Phil's favorite.

Jon also said that he was very confident in this new album, so could Beautiful Drug be the new Its My Life / HAND? I don't know, but something tells me that it will be the most outstanding (the highlight) song on the album.

I thought that way when everyone including JBJ banged on about Scars on my guitar. I really thought this could be guitar lies bleeding part 2. How wrong was I. Awful song.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xavi 04-01-2020 12:10 PM

Even Jon himself,doesnt believe in this album.

thesedays2014 04-01-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1262855)
Let alone high, Jon doesn't even have his mid register anymore - just his low one (e.g. I Will Drive You Home). Like someone said, he better start writing songs in the vein of Leonard Cohen in case he wants to sustain his singing career for at least a few years longer.

That’s why he did Stand Up Guy...he saw it coming and tried to get everyone to understand, but the fans prefer Limitless and all that bollox 😹

Captain_jovi 04-01-2020 05:50 PM

I'd love to know what Jon's personal favourite style to play in is. I really think Kings of Suburbia's big horns/motown feel and his Stand Up Guys acoustic stuff is what he'd much rather be writing and performing if he had the chance. I think he has it in him to write more interesting lyrics but has completely checked out and phones it in. Or I could be way off and moon/June/spoon lyrics are all he can write anymore, I don't know anymore.

Johny 04-01-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1262866)
I'd love to know what Jon's personal favourite style to play in is. I really think Kings of Suburbia's big horns/motown feel and his Stand Up Guys acoustic stuff is what he'd much rather be writing and performing if he had the chance. I think he has it in him to write more interesting lyrics but has completely checked out and phones it in. Or I could be way off and moon/June/spoon lyrics are all he can write anymore, I don't know anymore.

I think we wouldn't blame him if he really wanted to do that and put the band to rest for some time. Honesty and joy is missing from what he does. If he did this KOS shows and different kind of music, as you're mentioning - with horns, probably some kind of a allstar musicians album, then he would probably be hungry later to do a proper and inspired band album.
He doesn't need to prove anything. He's gaing new fans by tens or hundreds but he's losing the old ones in thousands. With every other new release he's kinda destroying his relevance rather than working on it.

However, I must admit that Unbroken works with me. This one with choir is something I can enjoy plus ut really helps me that it really supports something reasonable.

bonjovi90 04-01-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1262865)
That’s why he did Stand Up Guy...he saw it coming and tried to get everyone to understand, but the fans prefer Limitless and all that bollox 😹

He did two songs and never pursued it because he wanted to make the big bucks with WAN and the tour. If he had any artistic pride left in him, he would've just dug in and made a solo album of what he believed in (like with Destination Anywhere), but he never did. Stop blaming the fans for Jon not having the balls to do anything out of the norm.

Rdkopper 04-01-2020 07:38 PM

I do find it odd that Jon was on 10 different national TV shows and never mentioned the new single once and only mentioned the album when asked... He's so focused on that nursery rhyme.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk