Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Retro Computer games (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=29488)

Jim Bon Jovi 02-18-2005 01:28 AM

sonic was class but mario is probably my favourite.

i downloaded a snes and megadrive emulator a coupla years ago but it totally frazzled my graphix card for some reason.

i had an old spectrum then an amiga then an n64 n now ive got an xbox but all i really play on it are pro evo soccer and GTA.

jenn1189 02-18-2005 02:33 AM

I loved both of them, but I think Sonic was a better game. I have Sonic for the computer. I recently found an XBOX game at Wal-Mart for $15 of old Atari games. It's got Pole Position, Dig Dug, Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Galaxia, and one other game. I love it! I've also got a lot of the old Atari games for PC too. Like Centipede and Frogger!

spunkywho 02-18-2005 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn1189
I've also got a lot of the old Atari games for PC too. Like Centipede and Frogger!

haha me too. Love those - now those are games even I like to play - Phoenix (I know it has a different name in the US but I only know it as such).

yeah for the good old days.

Keba 02-18-2005 03:54 AM

Did someone say Frogger?????? :D :D :D :D :D

Bleeding Purist 02-18-2005 04:00 AM

I had a Commodore 128, which could also revert to 64 mode. The games were the sh** then. I never had Platoon though. We had Popeye and Frogger 2 on cartridge.

Retro games can be cool for about 5 seconds and then you realize how limited they are. I suppose I'll feel the same way about Spiderman 2 down the line (and I hope so, an even more detailed and interactive NYC would be the sh**) In the meantime I get a rush from just swinging around the skyscrapers. I can't go back to eating dots as Pac Man.

Jim Bon Jovi 02-18-2005 04:06 AM

alot of the appeal of retro games is the simplicity.

Bleeding Purist 02-18-2005 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi
alot of the appeal of retro games is the simplicity.

I thought it was the nostalgia.

spunkywho 02-18-2005 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist
I had a Commodore 128, which could also revert to 64 mode. The games were the sh** then.

my neighbor had one of those - he was the king :) god I sucked to him so bad only get some playtime lol.

Quote:

Retro games can be cool for about 5 seconds and then you realize how limited they are. I suppose I'll feel the same way about Spiderman 2 down the line (and I hope so, an even more detailed and interactive NYC would be the sh**) In the meantime I get a rush from just swinging around the skyscrapers. I can't go back to eating dots as Pac Man.
bahhhhhhhh no way --- nothing beats eating dots :lol: The games nowadays - good lord - takes you an hour only to figure out the console :roll: way too complicated.

jenn1189 02-18-2005 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keba
Did someone say Frogger?????? :D :D :D :D :D

Frogger rules! Games today may be graphically better than the old ones, but they just aren't as much fun. Sure, they are simple, but they are still great. Nothing like staring at the screen and going cross-eyed :shock: trying to avoid on coming traffic. Next to Frogger, my favorite Atari games were Kaboom and Keystone Kapers. My mom and I could play those for hours. Ahh, the memories.... :P

UKjovi 02-18-2005 09:28 AM

Space Invaders !!!! i hated Mario