Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official European 2019 tourdates (Check 1st post for updates) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70437)

Jonty 10-29-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1246368)
GO on the O2 Priority tickets site/app and its listed there.

Not that they notified me despite being an O2 customer and Bon Jovi fan :rolleyes:

Cheers, hence why I did not know either!

PanosBonJovi 10-29-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1246373)
I don't think any of these are likely. They have learned to scale down in terms of number of shows. And most of these countries are not regulars, not even Italy, France or Portugal have had shows constantly. I think the pacing of the schedule plus the amount of shows is quite good considering the band's age and Jon's vocal struggles.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Greece got one show in 35 years. Croatia, Serbia got zero. They could do a Croatia or Serbia show the least. Don’t forget that Jon and Richie in various interviews kept mentioning Greece as a big surprise and if their best concerts during the 2011 Open Air tour. Greece had the most expensive tickets of the tour yet the Olympic Stadium of Athens was sold out. Bon Jovi got many fans in Greece plus thousands of tourists passing by Athens in the summer. If they could sell out a gig, a Greek one would be very likely. Last but not least, Jon visits regularly Greece for his summer vacation along with his family

Yet again, Greece has 24% tax on concerts which will be reduced to 6% in the next couple of months. The Greek festivals didn’t make any announcement yet so unless it happens at a later date along with Dublin, Bon Jovi won’t return to Greece for now. I’m going to Bucharest. If a Greek date occurs then even better!

It just makes you wonder why Tallinn or Bucharest and not Athens, they did great the last time they’ve been here.

Xavi 10-29-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1246375)
Greece got one show in 35 years. Croatia, Serbia got zero. They could do a Croatia or Serbia show the least. Don’t forget that Jon and Richie in various interviews kept mentioning Greece as a big surprise and if their best concerts during the 2011 Open Air tour. Greece had the most expensive tickets of the tour yet the Olympic Stadium of Athens was sold out. Bon Jovi got many fans in Greece plus thousands of tourists passing by Athens in the summer. If they could sell out a gig, a Greek one would be very likely. Last but not least, Jon visits regularly Greece for his summer vacation along with his family

Yet again, Greece has 24% tax on concerts which will be reduced to 6% in the next couple of months. The Greek festivals didn’t make any announcement yet so unless it happens at a later date along with Dublin, Bon Jovi won’t return to Greece for now. I’m going to Bucharest. If a Greek date occurs then even better!

It just makes you wonder why Tallinn or Bucharest and not Athens, they did great the last time they’ve been here.

They did Croatia back in 2011,they played at Zagreb.

Supersonic 10-29-2018 07:49 PM

Aloha !

After trying to make sense of the travelling schedule I think there'll be 4 more dates. I've got a feeling Dublin will be June 15 and I reckon there's 2 dates on hold. 1 in Scotland/England and 1 in Germany. If the English and German dates are selling well enough they'll announce more. The Manic Street Preachers have also skipped Glasgow on their own tour. And I think Jon confirmed a French show several times, which would make show number 4.

Personal guess:

June 15: Dublin
June 17: Glasgow
June 29: Hannover
July 1: Paris

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1246375)

Because Tallinn is on the route from Russia to Scandinavia. They "need" a date there to fill the gap. The band travel with two stages and a truck with their gear. The truck with their gear travels from Moscow to Tallinn while the stage travels from Moscow to Stavanger. Or something like this, you'll get the idea, I think. :)

The reason they're doing all these shows in other countries than Germany and the U.K. is because they've saturated the Western European market while they ignored Eastern Europe for a long time due to it being financially unattractive. Things have changed around and thus a place like Tallinn or Warsaw is interesting right now. It's got nothing to do with Croatia deserving a show. No promoter thinks that way and unless Jon puts his foot down a show won't happen in a financially unattractive market.

Jon going on holiday to a certain country has nothing to do with a band touring there. It's two completely different things. There's so much more going on than your 24% tax break and the likes. It's never the places that "deserve" a show, they mention a few cities they want to play and then the rest of the schedule is build around it. Then there's subsidies, promotion deals, tax breaks, ferry connections, insurance policies...The list is endless.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

steel_horse75 10-29-2018 07:59 PM

Scotland could be right

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PanosBonJovi 10-29-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1246380)
Aloha !

After trying to make sense of the travelling schedule I think there'll be 4 more dates. I've got a feeling Dublin will be June 15 and I reckon there's 2 dates on hold. 1 in Scotland/England and 1 in Germany. If the English and German dates are selling well enough they'll announce more. The Manic Street Preachers have also skipped Glasgow on their own tour. And I think Jon confirmed a French show several times, which would make show number 4.

Personal guess:

June 15: Dublin
June 17: Glasgow
June 29: Hannover
July 1: Paris

Because Tallinn is on the route from Russia to Scandinavia. They "need" a date there to fill the gap. The band travel with two stages and a truck with their gear. The truck with their gear travels from Moscow to Tallinn while the stage travels from Moscow to Stavanger. Or something like this, you'll get the idea, I think. :)

The reason they're doing all these shows in other countries than Germany and the U.K. is because they've saturated the Western European market while they ignored Eastern Europe for a long time due to it being financially unattractive. Things have changed around and thus a place like Tallinn or Warsaw is interesting right now. It's got nothing to do with Croatia deserving a show. No promoter thinks that way and unless Jon puts his foot down a show won't happen in a financially unattractive market.

Jon going on holiday to a certain country has nothing to do with a band touring there. It's two completely different things. There's so much more going on than your 24% tax break and the likes. It's never the places that "deserve" a show, they mention a few cities they want to play and then the rest of the schedule is build around it. Then there's subsidies, promotion deals, tax breaks, ferry connections, insurance policies...The list is endless.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Sure I got your point Seb and the rest of the answer was pretty detailed. I just said that since I believe there's a big market for Jovi in Greece.

Also Serbia has a growing economy and I believe it would be able to supporta Jovi show as well. See they need to appeal to a new audience as well for improved ticket selling-money making.

@Xavi Forgot that, i'm sorry :D

Thierry 10-29-2018 08:22 PM

I wonder when they’ll announce Hull.

cowboy2002 10-29-2018 08:46 PM

When I clicked on the ticket link in the email from Bonjovi.com earlier, there was also an Israel show as the final show. This, and the Dublin show have disappeared now though

BJFan99 10-29-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1246385)
I wonder when they’ll announce Hull.

LOL, good one!

Dave88 10-29-2018 09:45 PM

Seems like Dublin will be announced tomorrow - June 15th at the RDS. Probably the delay is due to the last minute change from Croke to RDS.

Tel Aviv is scheduled for July 25th but for some reasons the local promoter is not allowed to announce it until December.

Except for these 2 shows the tour is done IMO.