Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official European 2019 tourdates (Check 1st post for updates) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70437)

cowboy2002 10-29-2018 12:47 PM

There will also be £65 and £45 seats available

https://ticketingcontent.thefa.com//Bon%20Jovi

Walleris 10-29-2018 12:49 PM

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like having support acts such as Def Leppard and Manic Street Preachers (who are very big in UK) is the 'rabbit out of Jon's hat' that he and promoters believe will help outsell what common metrics suggest Bon Jovi should be able to do at this point. I mean, he hasn't gone to such lengths for big name openers since...Sammy Hagar's Van Halen in 1995?

We shall see the ticket prices, but if, aside from the ridiculous diamond-platinum-package types, they're reasonable (2013-levels would be VERY reasonable if you take into account the six-year inflation that has been massive in the live entertainment business) it could be that Jon is willing to sacrifice his wallet to some extent to boast his ego of being able to still be "touring stadiums".

Walkerboy 10-29-2018 12:53 PM

£75 for GA Standing, £125 for what I presume is the Gold Circle. Factor in that there will probably be a Diamond Circle and another one on top of that.

If it were on a Saturday I'd probably consider paying £45 for a ticket in the Gods, but it's a Friday, and that's not gonna work for me.
Also a bit expensive for what is effectively a tribute band nowadays.

Thinny 10-29-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1246332)

Is this a situation where the promoter believes they can shift the tickets? I find it a push to think Jon is just flying in the wind and foolishly believes they can sell it out. He is too shrewd for that in my opinion so must be acting on some kind of knowledge of potential sales (whether he is correct or incorrect we will see). 40,000 at Wembley looks pretty bad, so he must think they are going to sell at least respectable numbers.

The promoters wouldn't put the shows on if they didn't think that they could make some money, so that's a given. Sometimes the promoters only care about selling 50% of the attendance and they will still make money on that. It all depends on how much they are paying the band of course, and what kind of contract they have with them, but I have no doubt that BJ have taken a pay cut this time, compared to what they used to get for a UK/European run.

Once the promoters hit their target that's it, they will be happy with that and the promo for the tour will be over. It also helps that they have support acts that will shift tickets. Promoter's insistence, I'm sure...

No it doesn't look good if the place is half empty, but mark my words in the run up to the gigs there will be a gazillion competitions for tickets in every newspaper, website, etc.

And promoters have got into the habit of using Groupon a lot to shift tickets in to the run up to the gigs. Shania Twain tickets were recently on their for for about £25 down from £70. I have no doubt that this will come in to play for the Jovi dates too.

Of course, I hope there's a massive buzz and they sell loads of tickets, but I think the bands management overestimates the amount of people interested in a Bon Jovi concert in 2018. For my money I would have gone with arenas and sold them all out. It looks so much better for the band's profile than struggling to fill Stadiums.

steel_horse75 10-29-2018 12:55 PM

Looking like only 1 support act.
Needs at least 2

Kova 10-29-2018 12:55 PM

Anyone knows the ballpark range prices of VIP experience tickets?

Bounce7800 10-29-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboy2002 (Post 1246333)
There will also be £65 and £45 seats available

https://ticketingcontent.thefa.com//Bon%20Jovi

Well that's very disappointing. They have gone for selling seats separately and any good ones at £125. They would normally be in with the standing tickets. They're gonna struggle at those prices to be honest.

Walkerboy 10-29-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1246338)
Looking like only 1 support act.
Needs at least 2

They will announce more much closer to the actual gigs. In all likelihood that will be a case of a local up and coming band via a competition of some sorts.

steel_horse75 10-29-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1246336)
The promoters wouldn't put the shows on if they didn't think that they could make some money, so that's a given. Sometimes the promoters only care about selling 50% of the attendance and they will still make money on that. It all depends on how much they are paying the band of course, but I have no doubt that BJ have taken a pay cut this time, compared to what they used to get for a UK/European run.

Once the promoters hit their target that's it, they will be happy with that and the promo for the tour will be over. It also helps that they have support acts that will shift tickets. Promoter's insistence, I'm sure...

No it doesn't look good if the place is half empty, but mark my words in the run up to the gigs there will be a gazillion competitions for tickets in every newspaper, website, etc.

And promoters have got into the habit of using Groupon a lot to shift tickets in to the run up to the gigs. Shania Twain tickets were recently on their for for about £25 down from £70. I have no doubt that this will come in to play for the Jovi dates too.

Of course, I hope there's a massive buzz and they sell loads of tickets, but I think the bands management overestimates the amount of people interested in a Bon Jovi concert in 2018. For my money I would have gone with arenas and sold them all out. It looks so much better for the band's profile than struggling to fill Stadiums.

This is why I find it odd to have 3 stadium gigs in a 200 mile radius in 2019. This is Bon Jovi 2018/9 not Bon Jovi 1995

Wouldve been better to get everyone to go to one big gig be it at Wembley or in middle of Country. I think they have over estimated how many people want these tickets. All these gigs will end up on group on - so I may just wait - but I do want good seats (****ed knee) so I may have to buy early.

steel_horse75 10-29-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1246341)
They will announce more much closer to the actual gigs. In all likelihood that will be a case of a local up and coming band via a competition of some sorts.

Doors open at 5.
Probably right - comp winners. Ill be in the bar for that buying beer for £6 a pint