Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Box Set (commemorative for HOF) ??? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70301)

rolo_tomachi 04-15-2018 08:40 PM

Box Set (commemorative for HOF) ???

There would be some possibility of it happening a Box Set commemorative taking advantage of the Hall of Fame.

If all the fans agreed to make some noise on social networks, maybe they could give us some from the vault on Christmas.

thoughts?

NicoRourke 04-15-2018 09:26 PM

I wouldn’t mind getting of few additional studio tracks (like a proper version of “Nothing”) and a glorious live from the KTF and TD tours.

ksanova 04-15-2018 10:01 PM

They should release historic shows like springsteen are doing every first friday

Kathleen 04-15-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksanova (Post 1239203)
They should release historic shows like springsteen are doing every first friday

This is absolutely what they should be doing.

Walleris 04-15-2018 10:43 PM

I think releasing new stuff (When We Were Us and Walls) at this time to re-release an album instead of wait a year or two to include them in a proper new album was Jon's idea of capitalizing on commercial momentum from the HOF induction. The chip on Jon's shoulder still wants to prioritize new stuff and be 'relevant'.

I hate to be saying this, but I think it will take for Jon's death or retirement (if he ever choses to retire) for us to get something old and really cool like old demos or classic live shows. Even at this stage of Jon's career, that just doesn't strike me as something he's interested in.

rolo_tomachi 04-15-2018 10:44 PM

It would be great if Jon and Richie recovered some friendship and ended up recording a studio version of Cadillac Man for the occasion. I would not even care if it was produced by John Shanks.

Thomas S 04-16-2018 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1239210)
It would be great if Jon and Richie recovered some friendship and ended up recording a studio version of Cadillac Man for the occasion. I would not even care if it was produced by John Shanks.

It would also be great if Jon and Richie could team up and use their music to destroy terrorism, cure cancer, and end poverty.

That doesn't mean that there's any chance in hell of it happening.

Rdkopper 04-16-2018 02:01 AM

This is going to (and already had) turn into a hypothetical thread of things that will never happen.

steel_horse75 04-16-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1239188)
There would be some possibility of it happening a Box Set commemorative taking advantage of the Hall of Fame.

If all the fans agreed to make some noise on social networks, maybe they could give us some from the vault on Christmas.

thoughts?

Nope.
There’s no way the label would waste their money on it.
Box sets don’t sell.

rolo_tomachi 04-16-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1239240)
Nope.
There’s no way the label would waste their money on it.
Box sets don’t sell.

Ok. maybe some commemorative? digital downloads? various Eps ...

What can we ask for and what can they easily give us?