Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Open All Night... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=2067)

Norm 09-26-2002 02:33 AM

Open All Night...

I might take some heat for this, but that is OK. I can handle it...

The debate between ballads and upbeat songs is always going on here. Even though I don't usually post about them, upbeat songs are more my preference. However...

Am I the only one that thinks "Open All Night" is such a beautiful song? Like someone described it in a review "once you are done with sex, you need that cigarette...and Open All Night is that cigarette." I couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't know what it is about it. I don't know if it is the writing, the departure from traditional POWER ballads, or what, but I like it so much better than most slower Jovi songs. Maybe it's just me though...

Take Care,
Norm

JoviGirl 09-26-2002 02:36 AM

I love that, a post-sex song. :) I guess the rest of the album was...well you know. I think it's a great song. Kinda like "Bitter Wine" to me.

Damned 09-26-2002 02:52 AM

No, you are not alone. I thought I was the only one who loved this song from the first time I heard it! Alot of people really dislike the song, but I think it's one of the best on Bounce. I'm a sucker for Bon Jovi ballads. Bounce is my favorite rock song off Bounce. I haven't quite developed a fond liking of 'Hook Me Up' yet. But it's ok...just not one of my favorites.

Lennon 09-26-2002 10:13 AM

:D I hope they put it out as a single,that would be awesome!!
Open all night is one of my alltime fav ballad from Bon jovi.
Its just so straight from the heart,
the line "..I got your taste in the back of my mouth, i want to reach in and pull it out..." is just so real!

MewFan 09-26-2002 11:26 AM

Thanks for quoting me about the Sex/cigarette analogi, I totally agree that the song is superb, you just need to be in the right mood for it.
If you're in a party mood then it might not be the best song but if you're relaxed and easy then it doesn't get better than this.....

walter 09-26-2002 11:27 AM

I don't think it should be a good single that would be helpfull for promotion. few tracks should be a better choice. don't look at me with big eyes, I really like the song, but it's not a single-one. too intimistic, but I don't know if it's really what we need after sex. what do YOU need after? personnaly, it's more a look in the eye, no words but only love floating around the room. more than words... and a bottle of water (huge laughs)

Dawn 09-26-2002 02:25 PM

I love this song, its my favourite off the album so far, it really is beautiful all round the lyrics and the way it is sung. Hope they release it, bet they dont, they never seem to release the ones I want them to.

Dawn

Unknown 09-26-2002 08:45 PM

I love it too. Mostly because of the lyrics but I don't think it's a post-sex song. You had me from hello is the post-sex song. Open all Night is the sitting-alone-at-home-staring-at-the-ceiling-and-getting-drunk song.

JoviGirl 09-27-2002 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown
I love it too. Mostly because of the lyrics but I don't think it's a post-sex song. You had me from hello is the post-sex song. Open all Night is the sitting-alone-at-home-staring-at-the-ceiling-and-getting-drunk song.

LOL! That also describes "Lie To Me", "My guitar lies bleeding..." and the whole These Days album possibly.

Sambo-Chris 09-27-2002 07:39 AM

I don't like it very much, esp. not at the End of the album after the powerful Bounce. I don't understand why they put this song there. It doesn't fit.