Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

C'monFeet 01-19-2010 04:30 PM

Seeing BFS @ Birmingham Academy. Like 10 years ago, I enjoyed their first album. Got my brother into them and ever since he's been such a geek about them... Never listen to them day-to-day, but they do put on a good show. A lot of fun.

Just booked for Henry Rollins spoken word show on Saturday.

mo_rizwan 01-19-2010 06:21 PM

Bon Jovi - O2 Arena: 7 & 22 June (will be getting final night soon) :)

Chica Guacamole 01-22-2010 12:20 AM

Paolo Nutini (again) next month in Glasgow. First time going to a gig at King Tut's, the friend I'm going with is getting rather excited by this for some reason.

Goldsausage 01-29-2010 04:51 PM

Amy Macdonald at Colston Hall, Bristol on the 3rd April :D At last.

I've never been to a female arist's gig before :o And Amy Macdonald's a great one to start it off.

Maybe one day Marion Raven will tour here too <_<

jungleland 01-29-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 967447)

Whatever happened to her. The last album was amazing and she is eye candy. Sadly she had no success......

Chica Guacamole 01-30-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 967447)
Amy Macdonald at Colston Hall, Bristol on the 3rd April :D At last.

I've never been to a female arist's gig before :o And Amy Macdonald's a great one to start it off.

Same! Going to her shows in Inverness and Edinburgh in March. Was just going to go to Inverness, but I couldn't miss the chance to see her in my adopted hometown :)

Saw her UK album launch gig on Thursday- was a really great night, the setlist was mostly songs off her new record which all sounded great. Roll on March 8th so I can hear it in full :D

Goldsausage 01-30-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 967604)
Same! Going to her shows in Inverness and Edinburgh in March. Was just going to go to Inverness, but I couldn't miss the chance to see her in my adopted hometown :)

Saw her UK album launch gig on Thursday- was a really great night, the setlist was mostly songs off her new record which all sounded great. Roll on March 8th so I can hear it in full :D

Nice :D I just listened to her new single yesterday and I really liked it. Looking forward to the album and the gig :D

ALSO I got standing tickets and I'm gonna make sure I'm at the front of this damn thing.

Jim Bon Jovi 01-30-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 966492)
Paolo Nutini (again) next month in Glasgow. First time going to a gig at King Tut's, the friend I'm going with is getting rather excited by this for some reason.

I miss tut's :'-(

Sounds like a cool show. Make sure you get there early because the room is a bit strange. It's kind of 2 small rooms opened up in the middle with the stage on the side wall of one so if you turn up late you'll end up not able to see or hear very well.

C'monFeet 01-30-2010 05:08 PM

Killing Joke
Miles Hunt (The Wonderstuff)

Chica Guacamole 01-30-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 967630)
I miss tut's :'-(

Sounds like a cool show. Make sure you get there early because the room is a bit strange. It's kind of 2 small rooms opened up in the middle with the stage on the side wall of one so if you turn up late you'll end up not able to see or hear very well.

Thanks for the advice- my friend and I always make sure we turn up stupidly early for gigs for that very reason. Thursday at the Barrowlands we were there at 5pm when the doors didn't open til 7pm- just as well, there were already about ten people there at that time and the queue soon built up!

And Oli- you better get right at the front, me and my pal ALWAYS get front row centre at her gigs and it will make us feel all warm and tingly inside that there is a kindered spirit occupying our spot at the gig :) Just don't spend all of the show trying to look up her dress;)