Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The worst live Bon Jovi show of all time...? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70600)

PanosBonJovi 06-30-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1256427)
Sofia 2013 was bad... it was highly anticipated here, they had never been here before. Jon had hay fever, struggled mightily as the set went on. The highlight of the show was probably BOR, when the fans were giving roses to Jon and threw lots of them on the stage .

Well, I agree. I'd Sofia, BG as well. Show stopped halfway cause of Jon's hay fever.

The best moment and memory of the show was the interaction with Jon during the catwalk setlist, I was only 16 then and was pretty special. Other than that, didn't came anywhere close to Athens show performance wise since Richie was also absent.

Was a fun night but also a disappointment. The ladies next me who were part of our roadtrip got the roses home :mrgreen:

efpg0708 06-30-2019 06:33 PM

Rock in Rio 2013 was not only the worst BJ gig I’ve ever been to, but one of the worst gigs of any band I’ve ever attended. No Tico, no Richie, and a setlist with WLOL, LH, Crash, WAN and MAM resulted in a very boring experience. Most of the crowd around me sat down on the floor and began searching for entertainment on their phones.

9Songs4U 07-05-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1256464)
Rock in Rio 2013 was not only the worst BJ gig I’ve ever been to, but one of the worst gigs of any band I’ve ever attended. No Tico, no Richie, and a setlist with WLOL, LH, Crash, WAN and MAM resulted in a very boring experience. Most of the crowd around me sat down on the floor and began searching for entertainment on their phones.

It sounded as a cover band

BJFan99 07-09-2019 05:19 PM

This is, of course, a very subjective opinion limited to youtube videos, but I seriously think the Madrid show from a couple days ago is worth considering as a potential contender. Jon sounded f*cking disastrous and the setlist was bland as hell - easily one of the worst European shows the band has ever played, at least.

james_d 07-09-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1256874)
This is, of course, a very subjective opinion limited to youtube videos, but I seriously think the Madrid show from a couple days ago is worth considering as a potential contender. Jon sounded f*cking disastrous and the setlist was bland as hell - easily one of the worst European shows the band has ever played, at least.

I imagine it's one of the worst European shows. But it's still better than a large chunk of the American leg in 2017 both in terms of setlist and performance. Not to mention 2015 as well.

BJFan99 07-09-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1256875)
Not to mention 2015 as well.

Actually, as mind-baffling as it must seem, I think Jon sounded better (at least in some ways) in 2015 than he does now. His range was even more f*cked then than it is now, but his tone was much more pleasant to listen to - no whispering or noticeable bum notes in the low/middle range, not for the most part anyway.

Don't believe me? Take a listen:

https://youtu.be/YUaOyxYkz3s

DavetheGodofKeys 07-09-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1256876)
Actually, as mind-baffling as it must seem, I think Jon sounded better (at least in some ways) in 2015 than he does now. His range was even more f*cked then than it is now, but his tone was much more pleasant to listen to - no whispering or noticeable bum notes in the low/middle range, not for the most part anyway.

Pleasant? His voice in 2015 live was at its weakest. It had no power at all, nothing. At least nowadays his voice sounds marginally more powerful. Only marginally though.

bonjovi90 07-09-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1256877)
Pleasant? His voice in 2015 live was at its weakest. It had no power at all, nothing. At least nowadays his voice sounds marginally more powerful. Only marginally though.

Agreed, it's horrendous. And I absolutely don't get how people can go back voluntarily to videos from late 2013 to actually to 2017 just to try to find some notes that "weren't so bad". That's actually pretty sad.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Xavi 07-09-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1256874)

Actually,it is the worst Ive ever seen Jon
He made a lot of mistakes,the band had even to stop Amen and begin again due to Jons mistake.
He was suffering all the show,and the audience were also suffering cause it is not nice seeing a person having such a bad time.
I dont know if it was due to alergie or the hot temperature but since the first song you could noticed something wasnt going well

richiefan95 07-09-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1256876)

I only listened to prayer but that sounded miles better than he sings it now.