Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Alec fans! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70721)

FighterBJ 06-27-2020 06:04 PM

Alec fans!

I want to know how many Alec addicts are there :D In this thread we can discuss stuff about Alec's life in and out of BJ. Share your photos and stories related to him, I would love to read/see some. Now let's see how many true Alec fans are there! :mrgreen:

bonjovi90 06-27-2020 10:10 PM

He was essential for the band's rock star image in the band, but I felt he had a hard time keeping up with the rest both musically and physically when they regrouped for KTF.
Hard to judge his character, I think he was a bit of an odd ball. In terms of their live sound being tight and spot on, I prefer Hugh. Logically, Hugh's playing is closer to the album versions :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

FighterBJ 06-27-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1264964)
He was essential for the band's rock star image in the band, but I felt he had a hard time keeping up with the rest both musically and physically when they regrouped for KTF.
Hard to judge his character, I think he was a bit of an odd ball. In terms of their live sound being tight and spot on, I prefer Hugh. Logically, Hugh's playing is closer to the album versions :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yeah Hugh played on all albums except Fahrenheit. I still prefer Alec because he had amazing charisma and I just love and idolize him. Sadly he was a heavy drinker and the rumor says that is why he was fired, but the truth is he stopped drinking short after the regroup, he just didn't rehearse that much and made mistakes constantly. Also Jon didn't like him. He banned him from doing interviews or speaking much at press conferences. "Nobody cares about you Alec" Jon stated. He never told him he was the one who secretly banning him. This was from NJ era that is why you can see some Al interviews from SWW and before. He got enough of BJ in 1993, he was planning to quit from the band anyways before he was fired, so he still wouldn't be in the band even if he wasn't fired.

Kathleen 06-28-2020 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1264964)

As a musician my self, Hugh is the only bassist that I think of. I don't care about his character - his playing, to this day, is spot on.

And his intro to KTF is sublime.

FighterBJ 06-28-2020 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1264967)
As a musician my self, Hugh is the only bassist that I think of. I don't care about his character - his playing, to this day, is spot on.

And his intro to KTF is sublime.

Yes he plays good. I appreciate his bass playing, he never did a mistake. Still Al is my fav, he is just amazing.

SadieLady 06-28-2020 03:09 AM

I seem to recall that he had a lovely voice and I missed it when he first left. He also had a stage charisma that rivaled Jon's (if I remember correctly--it has been too long and I don't want to look at clips).

YOVANAfromPeru 06-28-2020 04:34 AM

Alec's voice is priceless. -_-

FighterBJ 06-28-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1264971)
Alec's voice is priceless. -_-

Yes it is. Happy Alec's high voice and Drunk Alec's low voice. Both is amazing.

FighterBJ 06-28-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1264969)
I seem to recall that he had a lovely voice and I missed it when he first left. He also had a stage charisma that rivaled Jon's (if I remember correctly--it has been too long and I don't want to look at clips).

On the clips he was cool but at concerts he was amazing! Jon's charisma was nothing compared to his imo. He also had a very good voice but he was nearly muted on almost all shows. I love his high voice, its funny but good for the band's performance.:)

eddie73 06-30-2020 11:14 AM

Alec has always been the " rock star "and my favourite member of the band, he lived the life style to the max, brilliant stage presence , fantastic backing vocals, he could hit those notes Pavarotti would be proud of !

I had the pleasure of meeting him in Leicester on the slippery tour when I was 13.... he was walking around the grounds of the demont fort hall smoking a joint although I had no idea at the time what it was, such a nice humble, funny, bloke.

Bring him back even just for his stage presence like at RHOF . I never heard him hit a bum note live and I saw him at least 15 times with the band , contrary to what has been said of him ( although was the rumour that Hugh played Alecs parts back stage , not sure if anything in that though )