Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   February 21, 10PM EST New York City USA, Bon Jovi I Heart Radio Icons (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70221)

DavetheGodofKeys 02-22-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1234639)
I watched it on my IPhone X live and I'm easy to please, as y'all know, so I enjoyed it. I really like When We Were Us, a lot more than I thought I would.

The performance of WWWU sucked...

bjcrazycpa 02-22-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1234643)
The performance of WWWU sucked...

I still haven't heard the recorded version so didn't key in on the suck factor like most did ha ha!!

DavetheGodofKeys 02-22-2018 04:08 PM

I don't really think Jon enjoys performing anymore, that thing died in 2012. He's just doing it for the bucks now. His smiles and laughs on stage seem forced, back then in the 80s, 90s, 00s, hell, even 2010/2011 were genuine. He had the honest will to perform for the fans. Those RIR and Sao Paulo 2017 gigs were just going all out at the big shows and he was trying to show the critics that the band still lives on even after Richie's sudden departure.
What I'm trying to say is, he doesn't enjoy touring anymore. Even after one of the songs in yesterday's gig he said something like " Oh God, we're hitting the road again in 3 weeks".

bjcrazycpa 02-22-2018 04:12 PM

I’ve always said if the man didn’t want to tour he wouldn’t. I will never buy the money excuse. Don’t think it’s about that at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jazzsta 02-22-2018 04:44 PM

It might not be about the money - but just cause he is not willing to say to himself that he can't do it anymore. It might well be a "because we can" thing.

bjcrazycpa 02-22-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1234647)
It might not be about the money - but just cause he is not willing to say to himself that he can't do it anymore. It might well be a "because we can" thing.

Yes, would agree with you there. Ego, being afraid to stop as it brings into light getting old, I'd say more that then money for sure.

Kathleen 02-22-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1234647)

It might also be that his own idols The Stones are still doing it and they are a hell of a lot older than he is. As is Bruce who is still selling out Broadway. That might be the "ego" thing.

Walleris 02-22-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1234634)
Jon sounds even worse than last year. Horrible..

He absolutely does! I only listened to God Bless This Mess, as it's a song that sounded OK live when it was first released and now he really struggles hard on this one!

Can't wait for one of his "good" days where he will sound like 2017 and to see people here claiming how he's "improving" :D

JerseyGiant 02-22-2018 09:03 PM

Jon looked bored as hell! However as soon as it switched from the radio broadcast to the stream he seemed to loosen up a bit... His vocals... what more can I say that hasnt all ready... Sleep was a highlight as was Tico the ****ing beast on the kit and I cant get enough of Phils solo in LYH loooovvve it!... with regards to Richie and the induction did he say.. we've exchanged emails?... I cant wait for it and with Alec as well! My only fear is it will be one huge awkward performance

TwinFan 02-22-2018 09:10 PM

oof

how can he possibly enjoy performing when he hears himself? or is he just blissfully unaware of his own sound?