Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   February 21, 10PM EST New York City USA, Bon Jovi I Heart Radio Icons (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70221)

rocknation 02-20-2018 07:56 PM

February 21, 2018 10PM EST New York City USA, Bon Jovi I Heart Radio Icons

Free video and audio streams were made available of the exclusive iHeartRadio ICONS with Bon Jovi concert on Wednesday, February 21st 2018 10pm ET from the iHeart Radio Theater in New York City USA

iHeart Radio Classic Rock Channel

JackieBlue 02-20-2018 08:29 PM

Cool! Thanks for the heads up!!

Becky 02-20-2018 09:44 PM

Why would they START a concert at 10:00 PM on a Wednesday night? That’s ridiculous. I hope it airs again at a convenient time for people who have to work for a living!

DavetheGodofKeys 02-20-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1234499)
Why would they START a concert at 10:00 PM on a Wednesday night? That’s ridiculous. I hope it airs again at a convenient time for people who have to work for a living!

The concert will probably be uploaded on YouTube so no need to worry too much about it.

Becky 02-20-2018 10:00 PM

I’m not worried. I’m sure I can read about how bad it was here the next day anyway. 😆

golittleperson 02-21-2018 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1234499)

I suspect it is marketed to attract the west coast audience. Those fortunate enough to be live in the audience won't care what time it is. Any earlier and the west coast or even cental time would be just getting off work.

Still make it to sleep by midnight or 1. I've made it on less sleep.

rocknation 02-21-2018 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1234506)
I suspect it is marketed to attract the west coast audience...Any earlier and the west coast or even central time would be just getting off work.

In America, you market live from coast to coast from the WEST coast -- that's Broadcasting 101, LOL!

But unless you're Guns N Roses, 10PM is an unusually late time to start a concert from anywhere on ANY night, especially with no opening act. So I suspect that this may not have been the band's choice -- remember, their concert rider A-list private jet-setting days are behind them!

Becky 02-21-2018 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1234507)
remember, their concert rider A-list private jet-setting days are behind them!

What reality do you live in? You think this band is touring without their plane or their usual rider? Even if you need to believe that, you’re mistaken.

rocknation 02-21-2018 02:58 AM

There WAS a time when Bon Jovi would have said that the only way they'd start at 10PM on the East coast on a weeknight would be by starting at 7PM on the West coast -- with any extra expenses involved reimbursed if not covered. But this is evidence that those times have passed: I seriously doubt that THEY put that start time in the rider!

Becky 02-21-2018 03:25 AM

It’s probably only going to be an hour to 90 minutes anyway dnd they are certainly used to playing at that time in any city. golittleperson probably made the most reasonable guess as to a reason. It’s a national broadcast.

Javier 02-21-2018 10:22 AM

Since I work nights I'll be working or really on my way to work. Hopefully it'll get uploaded to youtube quickly. Hope both of the new songs get an airing....

Bounce7800 02-21-2018 10:45 AM

Surely it's not a proper concert show, it's a radio show and so they start at whatever time the radio station see fit to broadcast it, which they have decided is 10pm.

That's under the assumption the stream/broadcast is live and not slightly tape delayed / broadcast "as live" or jumping in part way through.

BJFan99 02-21-2018 05:06 PM

Setlist predictions?

Mine is something along the likes of this:

1. THINFS
2. Raise Your Hands
3. Knockout
4. Bad Name
5. BTBMB
6. Lost Highway
7. When We Were Us
8. It's My Life
9. Bed Of Roses (or Always, if Jon feels brave enough)
10. HAND
11. KTF
12. Medicine

Encore:

13. Saturday Night (or Blood On Blood)
14. Wanted
15. Prayer

If they don't have enough time for a 15-song set, they'll probably drop RYH, HAND and KTF.

Walleris 02-21-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1234520)
Setlist predictions?

Mine is something along the likes of this:

1. THINFS
2. Raise Your Hands
3. Knockout
4. Bad Name
5. BTBMB
6. Lost Highway
7. When We Were Us
8. It's My Life
9. Bed Of Roses (or Always, if Jon feels brave enough)
10. HAND
11. KTF
12. Medicine

Encore:

13. Saturday Night (or Blood On Blood)
14. Wanted
15. Prayer

If they don't have enough time for a 15-song set, they'll probably drop HAND and KTF.

Decent prediction. I'd remove BOR and Saturday Night, maybe HAND as well. Prayer might be acoustic. 12 song set.

kleman 02-21-2018 06:27 PM

at which time is broadcast here in Europe?

Becky 02-21-2018 06:42 PM

I’m guessing they will play both new songs, but it will be a short show by their usual standards. This House, Wanted, Prayer, Who Says are to be expected. If Jon plays WWBTF at an event like this, I will refer him for a psych evaluation because he’s clearly delusional that people want to hear that song.

BJFan99 02-21-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1234523)
I’m guessing they will play both new songs, but it will be a short show by their usual standards. This House, Wanted, Prayer, Who Says are to be expected. If Jon plays WWBTF at an event like this, I will refer him for a psych evaluation because he’s clearly delusional that people want to hear that song.

Judging by the fact that Who Says and Follow were both dropped at major festivals both in Rio and Sao Paulo, I actually don't know if they're to be expected at every show anymore. That said, I really, REALLY hope Captain Crash and I Love This Town won't replace them...

Captain_jovi 02-21-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1234524)
Judging by the fact that Who Says and Follow were both dropped at major festivals both in Rio and Sao Paulo, I actually don't know if they're to be expected at every show anymore. That said, I really, REALLY hope Captain Crash and I Love This Town won't replace them...

Rio ain't North America. Who Says is enough of a success it'll be a mainstay here until the band drops dead haha. Follow will probably be gone by next tour.

bjcrazycpa 02-21-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1234525)
Rio ain't North America. Who Says is enough of a success it'll be a mainstay here until the band drops dead haha. Follow will probably be gone by next tour.

Agree with you Matt!

BJFan99 02-21-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1234527)
Agree with you Matt!

F***... somebody, get the band-aid ready for me! My ears are probably going to bleed after hearing another terribly pitchy version of the song I despise :(

I mean, how can THIS...

https://youtu.be/ZBdjZfpqWLw

...sound better than THIS?

https://youtu.be/UEie7wEZejU

On the first song (BOR), Jon bravely belts out numerous A4s (pretty damn high notes to hit repeatedly) and manages to stay in key for the most part. On the other (WSYCGH), the highest notes are probably F4s or so, but about 75-80% of them are sung terribly out of tune. How the hell is that possible?

Oh, of course. The BOR performance is yet another example of Jon pushing himself through the song unsustainably on 120% effort and so on... thanks, Walleris - you've really made Jon's vocal inconsistency much easier for me to understand! :D

Nige 02-21-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1234522)
at which time is broadcast here in Europe?

It's 3am in the UK, so 4/5am depending where you are in Europe.

bjcrazycpa 02-21-2018 08:57 PM

For me, both songs could get cut from the set list and I'd never miss them. I'm odd in that I don't care for BOR really at all. And while Who Says is okay live there are soooo many songs I'd rather hear.

Gadden 02-21-2018 08:59 PM

Asleep

I will be sleeping so hope someone else gets this :)

DavetheGodofKeys 02-21-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1234528)
F***... somebody, get the band-aid ready for me! My ears are probably going to bleed after hearing another terribly pitchy version of the song I despise :(

I mean, how can THIS...

On the first song (BOR), Jon bravely belts out numerous A4s (pretty damn high notes to hit repeatedly) and manages to stay in key for the most part. On the other (WSYCGH), the highest notes are probably F4s or so, but about 75-80% of them are sung terribly out of tune. How the hell is that possible?

Oh, of course. The BOR performance is yet another example of Jon pushing himself through the song unsustainably on 120% effort and so on... thanks, Walleris - you've really made Jon's vocal inconsistency much easier for me to understand! :D

He might struggle with WSYCGH because the song is much faster than BOR. The song is kinda fast and has some semi- high notes which Jon falls flat on because his breathing technique when singing is terrible... I think that's why he can't get through a song without slurring the words together and pronouncing every word clearly. And I also f*cking hate when he finishes some words with the " aiiiiivee". For example on Wanted, he pronounces the word " Alive " so unnaturaly.

BJFan99 02-21-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1234535)
He might struggle with WSYCGH because the song is much faster than BOR. The song is kinda fast and has some semi- high notes which Jon falls flat on because his breathing technique when singing is terrible... I think that's why he can't get through a song without slurring the words together and pronouncing every word clearly. And I also f*cking hate when he finishes some words with the " aiiiiivee". For example on Wanted, he pronounces the word " Alive " so unnaturaly.

I f*cking hate it, too. Also on Blood On Blood ("I'd be right by your saiiiiideee...") and BTBMB ("something I know" - skips the word "deep" - "insaiiiiideee...", "you'll live in my heart 'til the day that aiiiiieee daiiiiieee...").

Walleris 02-21-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1234528)

I mean, how can THIS...

I love when the student is able to comprehend things all by himself and the teacher is no longer needed :D

bonjovi90 02-21-2018 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1234542)
I love when the student is able to comprehend things all by himself and the teacher is no longer needed :D

There is no one trying harder to understand Jon's vocal conditions by watching possibly every video on Youtube up and down than BJFan99. If he doesn't comprehend these things at some point, it would actually be pretty sad. :D

Walleris 02-21-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1234546)
There is no one trying harder to understand Jon's vocal conditions by watching possibly every video on Youtube up and down than BJFan99. If he doesn't comprehend these things at some point, it would actually be pretty sad. :D

That's true, but as someone who has spent way too much time over-analyzing Jon's vocals over the years, I sincerely appreciate his efforts :D

BJFan99 02-21-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1234546)

I agree with you, it really would... :D

bonjovi90 02-21-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1234548)
That's true, but as someone who has spent way too much time over-analyzing Jon's vocals over the years, I sincerely appreciate his efforts :D

You're right, so do I :D

BJFan99 02-21-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1234551)
You're right, so do I :D

I'm just trying to put the two of you out of words regarding this subject! :D Nah, just kidding...

Anyway, what do you think Jon will sound like at this show - atrocious, embarrassing or maybe just really bad? I honestly have no idea. :D

DavetheGodofKeys 02-21-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1234554)
I'm just trying to put the two of you out of words regarding this subject! :D Nah, just kidding...

Anyway, what do you think Jon will sound like at this show - terrible, terrible or terrible? I have no idea, but I think I'll go for all the three options - one of them will probably turn out to be right anyway.

I hope he sounds as decent as he did on Bad Name on the Stephen Colbert show. But something tells me he'll sound as bad as in Nasville 2017...

Becky 02-22-2018 02:21 AM

They were rehearsing Amen, according to a story I saw from iHeart.

I have 0% enthusiasm about that.

Gadden 02-22-2018 03:47 AM

Gooodmorning,

I am up anyways... Let us hope it is worth it.

CLEYoungGun21 02-22-2018 04:00 AM

Alright! First live show thread of the year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLEYoungGun21 02-22-2018 04:01 AM

1)THINFS

CLEYoungGun21 02-22-2018 04:04 AM

Jon sounding good on This House.. signing the last chorus fully

CLEYoungGun21 02-22-2018 04:08 AM

2) When We Were Us

GabrielC 02-22-2018 04:11 AM

He sounds weak in When We Were Us, but I really like the song.

CLEYoungGun21 02-22-2018 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1234568)
He sounds weak in When We Were Us, but I really like the song.

Agreed he does sound a little weak, but the whole song does because of the lack of layers.. but I still think it works fine for a live track