Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bruuuuce (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53654)

Jim Bon Jovi 01-22-2012 11:50 PM

Happy days I've managed to re-arrange the holiday so that I get to see the Boss and get off my tits in Cancun :D

Kathleen 01-23-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1078814)
Happy days I've managed to re-arrange the holiday so that I get to see the Boss and get off my tits in Cancun :D

Good for you Jim - I can't imagine missing Bruce. But I'm a nutcase and am afraid that he won't be touring too much after this.

Adam D 01-23-2012 02:42 AM

The single's repitive don't you think? What does it have, two verses?

I'm disappointed in the song, much prefer Outlaw Pete, What Love Can Do over it but I'm looking forward to the rest of the album.

At this point, Bruce could release a song of him on the toilet and critics would still gush. Had Jovi released this same song, I'd be willing to bet the lyrics would be called contrived etc. It's a Bruce song though, so they are pure poetry.

TwinFan 01-23-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1078815)
Good for you Jim - I can't imagine missing Bruce. But I'm a nutcase and am afraid that he won't be touring too much after this.

I sure hope he does. I'm not too huge a Bruce fan, but after all the rave reviews I've heard of his shows, I've realized that I NEED to see him live before he retires.

Kathleen 01-23-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1078819)

I'm disappointed in the song, much prefer Outlaw Pete, What Love Can Do over it but I'm looking forward to the rest of the album.

At this point, Bruce could release a song of him on the toilet and critics would still gush. Had Jovi released this same song, I'd be willing to bet the lyrics would be called contrived etc. It's a Bruce song though, so they are pure poetry.

It's a bit repetitive but have you actually read the words? It can be taken on many levels.

But you're right about had Jovi written it :(

ticos_stick 01-23-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Bruce is a critic's favourite because he has released a massively eclectic body of work. He's worked his arse off for it and people know his heart is in the right place.

Lets not turn this into a Bon Jovi discussion, I may say some things I might regret.

Butters 01-23-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

I agree with you that the song is pretty repetitive but that's not necessarally a bad thing, although I do think the song is lacking something. It's pretty much another Born In The USA in that the lyrical content is wholly ironic (and if you've read any of the reviews you'll see that the meaning of the song has been completed misinterpreted in the same way), and melodically it is quite repetitive too. I think We Take of Our Own does suffer from being too short but it is an incredibley well written song and deserves huge credit for that. The melody is also very appealing and I think will work great in a live environment.

As for the Bon Jovi comparison, you're right, they would get slated for writing something like this, however Jon couldn't write this kind of song. This is quintessentially Bruce Springsteen and even if it doesn't reach the heights of Born In The USA, it's still a very good song.

Adam D 01-23-2012 08:08 PM

I didn't mean for it to sound like I'm ripping Bruce, I respect his body of work very much and he's a very good lyricist. I just don't see what's so great about this particular song.

Oh well, let's hope I like the rest of the album better. I'm looking forward to finally having a studio version of LOHAD

tigrs99 01-24-2012 03:51 PM

Bruce first official show announced
Springsteen will play at New Orleans Jazz
Fest April 20th
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/n...est/52765142/1

tigrs99 01-24-2012 04:34 PM

US dates are up on Springsteen site
Tour starts Atlanta March 18

milomom 01-24-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 1078857)
US dates are up on Springsteen site
Tour starts Atlanta March 18

Bruce heard all my bitching and decided he better do a show for me ASAP! :p

ticos_stick 01-24-2012 07:18 PM

The new single hasn't grown on me. The chorus is just a bit too generic and the lack of solo leaves it lacking a bit of bite.

It has something about it though. Sonically it sounds good and I feel like the album might be greater than the sum if it's parts.

Sambo-Chris 01-24-2012 07:39 PM

The USA dates are announced today. And If I get a ticket I'll see them in Florida in March when I am on vacation there :)

Kathleen 01-24-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1078858)
Bruce heard all my bitching and decided he better do a show for me ASAP! :p

Isn't it nice that somebody listens? LOL You really are lucky getting to go to the first show. I got to do that once in NY and it was awesome.

I have 8 shows within a 2 hour drive of my house so I am in pig heaven here. Getting the tickets to those shows (which all seem to go onsale on the same day) is going to be a major pain in the ass though.

Jim Bon Jovi 01-24-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1078863)
Isn't it nice that somebody listens? LOL You really are lucky getting to go to the first show. I got to do that once in NY and it was awesome.

I have 8 shows within a 2 hour drive of my house so I am in pig heaven here. Getting the tickets to those shows (which all seem to go onsale on the same day) is going to be a major pain in the ass though.

You're a maniac :)

So happy that I'm not having to give up my London ticket. I'd have been an insufferable shite for at least a month before it if I'd had to.

Kathleen 01-24-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1078865)
You're a maniac :)

So happy that I'm not having to give up my London ticket. I'd have been an insufferable shite for at least a month before it if I'd had to.

Nah - not quite a maniac. I'm sorta feeling like this tour is almost a gift - I wasn't sure about shows after Clarence died. So this time around I want to see as many as I can - stockpiling for the future so to speak :)

asok80 01-24-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1078863)

Lucky you!! I had plans on maybe flying over for the NJ shows but as it's Easter both flights and hotels are way too expensive so will wait for the fall dates instead.

Read that the times for the ticket sales for NYC/NJ will be staggered. Good luck!

Kathleen 01-24-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1078868)
Lucky you!! I had plans on maybe flying over for the NJ shows but as it's Easter both flights and hotels are way too expensive so will wait for the fall dates instead.

Read that the times for the ticket sales for NYC/NJ will be staggered. Good luck!

Oh that's too bad - I was hoping to be able to see you. Maybe in the fall. I'm so greedy I'm hoping for fall dates here too after the European tour.

tigrs99 01-25-2012 12:01 AM

Hope Ticketmaster dont crash on Jan 27th and Jan 28th

asok80 01-25-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1078869)
Oh that's too bad - I was hoping to be able to see you. Maybe in the fall. I'm so greedy I'm hoping for fall dates here too after the European tour.

Yeah i know! any other week and I'd be there, but there will def. be fall dates so we're going for those instead.

Chica Guacamole 01-25-2012 09:15 AM

Just got my tickets for Helsinki :) So happy to be able to make it to a show, the rest all seemed to be either during my finals or my graduation (or sold out) :) Also hoping for some US shows in the Autumn as there's a possibility I'll be in the NY area for a while at the end of the year, fingers crossed, and it would be great to catch a show or two when/if I'm there :)

Iceman 01-25-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 1078892)
Just got my tickets for Helsinki :)

Me and my brothers are going too. Haven't made up my mind yet about if I'm gonna que for the whole day to get to the front row like I was in 2004.

Ice

asok80 01-25-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1078893)
Me and my brothers are going too. Haven't made up my mind yet about if I'm gonna que for the whole day to get to the front row like I was in 2004.

Ice

2004? I'm sure that was a short queue? .-)

Kathleen 01-25-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1078893)

Ice

Oh you get to go - glad to hear it. :)

Iceman 01-25-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1078894)
2004? I'm sure that was a short queue? .-)

A typo. 2003.

Ice

Iceman 01-25-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1078912)
Oh you get to go - glad to hear it. :)

Oh yes, it was never a question IF I go, but if they're coming here. I probably wouldn't have been able to go anywhere else to see them in the summer, but Helsinki is easy for me.

Ice

tigrs99 01-27-2012 04:16 PM

Looks like Ticketmaster server has crashed getting message wait time to search tickets is more than 15 minutes for NJ shows

Sambo-Chris 01-27-2012 08:49 PM

My friend tried to get tickets for MSG but no chance.

tigrs99 02-02-2012 04:47 PM

Grammys got much better Grammy's has announced Boss and Estreet band will be performing
http://www.grammy.com/news/bruce-spr...ormance-lineup

milomom 02-02-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1078967)
My friend tried to get tickets for MSG but no chance.

I got shut out of MSG, too. :( I'm trying for Greensboro and Atlanta tix this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Sambo-Chris 02-02-2012 07:13 PM

Meanwhile someone found out that the ticketmaster homepage got hacked by scalpers. They used some kind of computer programm to get the tickets.

ticos_stick 02-09-2012 08:28 PM

So, Jake Clemons (Clarence's) nephew is replacing Big Man along with a five - piece horn section.

Interesting.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-band-20120209

Kathleen 02-09-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1079394)
So, Jake Clemons (Clarence's) nephew is replacing Big Man along with a five - piece horn section.

Interesting.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-band-20120209

That's not exactly what Bruce's announcement on Facebook said.

Bruce Springsteen Announces Additional Musicians for 2012 ‘Wrecking Ball’ World Tour

The expanded line up for this Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band tour features singers Cindy Mizelle and Curtis King, trombonist Clark Gayton and trumpeter Curt Ramm, all of whom have toured with Bruce Springsteen in the past along with newcomer Barry Danielian on trumpet. E Street stalwart Eddie Manion and first time tour member Jake Clemons, will share the saxophone role.

That says to me that there will be 2 people on sax that will share the duties. Which I happen to think is a good idea. Far better that he does it this way rather than put Jake in the solo position. That way he would just be inviting comparisons and needless to say Jake would not come out on top. Bruce is doing what he has always done and is trying to be inclusive rather than exclusive - good for him. This way Bruce will have had to rearrange the sax parts and they will sound different in any case.

Thunderstrucker 02-09-2012 10:18 PM

Good to hear about the horn-section as well. They really add something to the band. Saxparts dont need to be re-arranged, they just can give the solo's their own twist as Clarence already did as well. It will give a new but also familiar sound either way. It's enough to make me curious!

I salute you,
TS

Panda 02-10-2012 09:10 AM

I really do not understand the lack of Canadian cities again. And even if they do go to Toronto eventually, it still doesn't count. Toronto is the most American city in Canada.

ticos_stick 02-10-2012 06:51 PM

I like the new video. I think it compliments the song well and pushes it's real message across.

Nice and stripped back too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-x8zBzxCwsM

Sambo-Chris 02-10-2012 07:38 PM

"Not avaiable in your country"

Arrgghh. Dammed GEMA.

Jim Bon Jovi 02-13-2012 09:50 PM

Except the Rising, what did Bruce play at the Grammys?

A full horn section is going to kick all sorts of ass.

Kathleen 02-13-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1079631)
Except the Rising, what did Bruce play at the Grammys?

A full horn section is going to kick all sorts of ass.

Back in 2003 he played London Calling at the Grammy's :)
And in 1999 he did Let it Be with Paul Mc Cartney

And yes - a full horn section is going to be incredible. One of the reasons I go to see SSJ is for the full horn section. For the 1988 Tunnel of Love Tour Bruce took SSJ's horns on tour with him - there are some awesome bootlegs of that tour.

Matthes 02-13-2012 10:13 PM

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/watch-...ormance/61808/

Great performance when you have in mind that it was the first official performance of this song. They sounded great. It's so good to see Bruce und Steve sharing the mic at the end and having so much fun. I think "We take care of our own" could be a great opener for the tour.