Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Richie Sambora & Orianthi album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=65796)

Rdkopper 01-25-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1198550)
That was nearly 3 years ago - even if he did mean "long-term". She's an adult now. (And so is Orianthi, btw. She's 31.)

I am very well aware of fact that she's 31 and I'm also aware that Richie is 56 years old.

Me calling her Richie's teenage girlfriend warrants nothing more than a little sarcasm which is totally valid when there is a quarter century gap between the two. I'll use "Sugar Baby" going forward as long as that don't confuse people with "Babies" being under the age of 6.

Can we move on now?

Rdkopper 01-25-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1198548)
I just answered your initial question, genius!

YOU are the only one who derailed my answer to bring back the old boring subject of "blahblahblah ... quantifying his whereabouts for the past two years." Get a life!

:popcorn:

Just a general observation and a statement... No Need To Get Your Panties All Up In A Twist Sweetie.... :rainbow1:

I guess 'taking time off from Bon Jovi, album, tour, album, tour" has a totally different meaning to you.

I think Richie has been busier than Jon within these past 2 years and Jon managed to crank out two albums...

Old Joysey 01-25-2016 09:25 PM

For the sake of truth,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1198552)
... Jon managed to crank out two albums...

ONE, only one so far, made of old stuff + he released it only because he was forced to by contract. Hadn't Universal dropped him, there would be zero album by Jon and zero album by Richie as of today.
Now there's no competition between these 2, except for the "fans" who can't help but see a war between them. They'll release their respective albums when they feel like it, period.

Javier 01-25-2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1198553)
For the sake of truth,

ONE, only one so far, made of old stuff + he released it only because he was forced to by contract. Hadn't Universal dropped him, there would be zero album by Jon and zero album by Richie as of today.
Now there's no competition between these 2, except for the "fans" who can't help but see a war between them. They'll release their respective albums when they feel like it, period.

Then for the sake of truth let me correct that Burning Bridges may have had old(er) songs on it the majority of it was mostly new stuff and it is all newly recorded as per the album's producer said...

Rdkopper 01-25-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1198553)
For the sake of truth,

You are totally drifting off topic. It doesn't matter why... I just said that Jon cranked out 2 albums and seemed to have more time than Richie. Meaning if Richie stayed with Bon Jovi, he would have more free time than he does now... If in fact he wanted more time away from the revolving machine, to spend more time with his daughter and with his own life.

Also, stop seeing things so black and white...
BB is not just old stuff and that's been confirmed. It's half old and half new...Of the old stuff, we really don't know the status and state of each one of those tracks so some of them might have been reworked... You are misleading people into thinking that Jon just reached into the vault and pulled out 11 finished tracks... So lets just clear that up.

As far as the second album goes we know for a fact by Jon himself, through various interviews, that this album is going to be released. The bulks been done for the past 6 months. Jon's been pretty clear and has given us great factual updates. It's gonna happen..

Richie tweets the way you post. In fragments and no one knows anything about this mysterious album.

JackieBlue 01-25-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1198551)
I am very well aware of fact that she's 31 and I'm also aware that Richie is 56 years old.

Me calling her Richie's teenage girlfriend warrants nothing more than a little sarcasm which is totally valid when there is a quarter century gap between the two. I'll use "Sugar Baby" going forward as long as that don't confuse people with "Babies" being under the age of 6.

Can we move on now?

That's a question for the people who can't seem to get over it. I just don't understand what the big hairy deal is.

Tico's ex, Eva, was 20 years younger than him; and his current wife doesn't look much older than her. I tried to find Maria's age and found this instead on one of those dating sites. Tico's been in 7 known relationships since 1983 and the women were, on average, 18 years younger than Tico, (clearly young enough to be his daughter). One was 21 years younger; but no one seems overly concerned about that. So why are people so hung up on the age difference between Richie and Ori?

(Oh wait! I know. Of course, silly me... It's because people aren't pissed off at Tico! So they aren't looking for reasons to rag on him. Still. After nearly 3 years.)

And you're asking ME if we can move on???

Sheesh!

Old Joysey 01-25-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1198554)
Then for the sake of truth let me correct that Burning Bridges may have had old(er) songs on it the majority of it was mostly new stuff and it is all newly recorded as per the album's producer said...

Well, for the sake of truth, Jon said one thing and John said quite the opposite so WHO told the truth in the end?! :lol: I don't want to start a debate about it but most JTers and non-JTers alike said that most of the songs sounded like songs from 8-10 years ago, i.e. what Jon said. WDR and a couple more seem to be new songs, maybe discarded from the 2016 "real" album but who knows after all? The only song we are sure is brand-new and was especially written for BB is "BB" ;) and probably "Teardrop" as well because of the way Jon kept on mentioning the two during interviews.

Of course, all the songs were re-recorded for BB, they were not to release a demo under the guise of a finished album! Jon wanted to say FY to UMG but still, there are limits to what is permitted.

Anyways! All I'm saying is that when Jon says, "I'm working on a new album that will be released in 2016" some/many fans take it for granted whereas when Richie says the exact same thing they call him a liar. Biased? Hypocrites? Idiots? Take your pick! Jon's word is not the gospel truth and no, he gave us no "great factual updates" and so far we've heard not one sound from Jon's 2016 album whereas we've heard a snippet from "Rise", the song that Richie and Ori announced as their first single + a snippet from the Sonny & Cher first hit, although we don't know if it'll be on their album. So far we know more about the RSO album than the BJ one but, once again, there's no competition and I'll stick to this story: Jon and Richie are respectively working on a new album that will be released in 2016. And yet even THAT is not factual but just hearsay (sources: Jon & John and Richie, Ori & Michael Bearden). :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1198556)
(Oh wait! I know. Of course, silly me... It's because people aren't pissed off at Tico! So they aren't looking for reasons to rag on him. Still. After nearly 3 years.)

Likewise they're not pissed off about ex-Mrs Jagger, former supermodel Jerry Hall (59) being engaged to media mogul Rupert Murdoch (84)! :lol:

Rdkopper 01-25-2016 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1198560)
Well, for the sake of truth, Jon said one thing and John said quite the opposite so WHO told the truth in the end?! :lol: I don't want to start a debate about it but most JTers and non-JTers alike said that most of the songs sounded like songs from 8-10 years ago, i.e. what Jon said. WDR and a couple more seem to be new songs, maybe discarded from the 2016 "real" album but who knows after all? The only song we are sure is brand-new and was especially written for BB is "BB" ;) and probably "Teardrop" as well because of the way Jon kept on mentioning the two during interviews.

Of course, all the songs were re-recorded for BB, they were not to release a demo under the guise of a finished album! Jon wanted to say FY to UMG but still, there are limits to what is permitted.

Anyways! All I'm saying is that when Jon says, "I'm working on a new album that will be released in 2016" some/many fans take it for granted whereas when Richie says the exact same thing they call him a liar. Biased? Hypocrites? Idiots? Take your pick! Jon's word is not the gospel truth and no, he gave us no "great factual updates" and so far we've heard not one sound from Jon's 2016 album whereas we've heard a snippet from "Rise", the song that Richie and Ori announced as their first single + a snippet from the Sonny & Cher first hit, although we don't know if it'll be on their album. So far we know more about the RSO album than the BJ one but, once again, there's no competition and I'll stick to this story: Jon and Richie are respectively working on a new album that will be released in 2016. And yet even THAT is not factual but just hearsay (sources: Jon & John and Richie, Ori & Michael Bearden). :)

You're just digging yourself deeper...

First, Jon and John didn't say opposite things. Shanks made a general "overall' statement and Jon spoke a little more specific at different events. There are no contradictory facts about BB as you are insinuating.

Second, Jon said a little more than "I'm working on a new album that will be released in 2016"... He said it was done, spoke about where it was recorded, and even gave us an album title. Jon has been very vocal about this release. In addition, other members such as Hugh did interviews about it. Shanks spoke about it so again, stop downplaying it and acting dumb to dig yourself out of your own Bull-Shit...

Third, It is a fact that Jon will have the album out in 2016 and a tour to go with it. It just hasn't been announced yet. No one knows anything about Richie's album or tour (not saying it won't happen, we just never heard anything official from Richie)

Forth, how do you post here day and night and not know anything?

Old Joysey 01-26-2016 02:50 AM

RICHIE SAMBORA Retweeted
Taylor ‏@jtrs73 26 Dec 2015

So happy you are doing what you want @TheRealSambora #MusicMatters

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXNlNkSWsAAurLB.jpg

newikov 01-26-2016 03:16 PM

Just heard an interview with Roman Arkhipov recorded on some Russian radio.

Just some things. Sorry if I repeat something that maybe already was mentioned on this forum.

They're still working on this new song "We Ain't Givin' Up". It's going to be produced by Thomas Marolda and Bob Rock. The drummer on the song is Abe Laboriel Jr.

Roman also mentioned that Abe is the drummer on "ALL songs of Richie's new album". So apparently the album exists.

Richie had some big problems with the previous producer. That's why he started with Bob Rock apparently.

Roman also mentioned that Richie had big private problems. That's why they didn't have time to record this song before. Richie had TWO trials last year. One apparently has something to do with Nikki Lund. Roman didn't mention her name but from description of the situation it sounded to me that it was about that case when he threatened her or smth. He didn't say anything about the second trial.