Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   7800 Fahrenheit a great album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45138)

Goldsausage 05-27-2008 02:30 PM

Ain't keen on To The Fire but love Price Of Love.

Grypweed 05-27-2008 02:32 PM

Price Of Love is a kickass track-my fave pre-Slippery track. I was surprised to find out that they've never done it live before.

KeepTheFaith2211 05-27-2008 02:45 PM

Yeah To The Fire is good, but Price Of Love is better. Great album as a whole, only exception King Of The Mountain

Rob 05-28-2008 01:34 AM

It's a weak album as far as I'm concerned. Very cheesy and boring in places.

jade4jovi 05-28-2008 05:20 AM

I still say it's kinda bland, eventhough majority seems to disagree. It's a toss-up between These Days and New Jersey for me, I think. Those two albums are pure masterpieces!!

steel_horse75 05-28-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 830090)
Anyone except me really like To The Fire then?

Or Price Of Love? I would have thought that'd be a general favourite, but it never seems to come up too much in people's lists

to the fire is better than king of the mountain but for me the problem is they sound the same chorus wise.

regarding my comments about if "BJ dont like it dont mean you dont have to"

i truly mean that - my example for this quote is Mark Knopfler hates the Brothers in Arms album - but the fans (i am not a fan by the way) think its a great album.

KeepTheFaith2211 05-28-2008 07:35 PM

Have A Nice Day is the blandest album they have done. 7800 is amazing.

biotlobj 05-28-2008 09:59 PM

i think the album is cheesy in places, however there are some great tracks on the album such as king of the mountain, in & outa love and allways run to you that all i can think of the top of my head, im high at moment. however the album is dated and was rusehed at the time which i think explains the chessy'ns of the record.

Goldsausage 05-29-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 830462)
Have A Nice Day is the blandest album they have done. 7800 is amazing.

I don't think HAND is bland.

Oh! Oh! That rhymes.

Sami 06-03-2008 09:18 PM

about 7800

I love that album, too.

I bought my copy of it back in 87 in the aftermath of SWW. For a long period of time it was actually my favorite BJ-album. Songs like Price of Love or I&OOL are genuine classics and itīs a real pity we donīt get to hear these songs live nowadays. And I agree, Jonīs voice is just fantastic on this album.

Of course there are no radio-friendly pop-rock-hits with big wah-wah-choruses on Fahrenheit, but personally I divide Bon Jovi into 2 eras: the time before Desmond Child and the time they have been working with him. I like both options but I believe we all agree that they never sounded the same anymore after they had sat down with Desmond...

With best wishes,
Sami