Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   THINFS Tour ProShots (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70382)

Walleris 09-08-2018 12:38 AM

Yup, releasing performances like this one of Bad Medicine is not doing them any favors.

The first two videos that were released (Bed of Roses and It's My Life) were far from perfect vocally, but they still had their moments of Jon being Jon. This doesn't, he just can't keep up. I can't imagine anybody putting this audio on their phones listening without video and thinking it sounds good.

Someone should remind Jon about the 'fat Elvis' analogy he used to love making when he still sounded decent.

Captain_jovi 09-08-2018 12:48 AM

The Waaaait a minute part actually was really good. Trouble is you have to go through almost 6 minutes of drudge and people might not get that far.

Walleris 09-08-2018 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1244345)
The Waaaait a minute part actually was really good. Trouble is you have to go through almost 6 minutes of drudge and people might not get that far.

You are absolutely right, I didn't lol... I guess my appetite for bad performances is not great

† ÀžžÀ † 09-08-2018 09:34 AM

The more clips i see from this tour the more I’m convinced it will prove the last, at least until/unless something can be worked out with Richie.

jazzsta 09-08-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1244337)
I really don’t want to be that guy but blimey that Bad Medicine performance was appalling, vocally. Jon can barely keep up with the music and looks almost embarrassed because of it. I’m genuinely surprised they realesed this particular video.

I wonder how Tio and David feel about Jon’s vocal struggles, genuinely. It must be upsetting for them to watch his decline, no matter how big they’re pay check. They are, after all, loyal to him.

I listened to the Shepherd Bush Empire show from 2002 today and - despite not being at his peak vocally - he was still enjoyable to listen to and even demonstrated some rasp in Unidvided. He couldn’t possibly recreate that now. It’s all rather sad

I agree.. Yes it is fucκιn sad and very unfortunate that this had to happen to this band ! This band that, as a friend of mine had put it once, they re the happiest band in R'n'R 😀
I am a not at all a fan of their later period but I 'd very gladly take a million what about now albums and a million of "who says you can't go home" ( a billion of "it's alright"s ! ) if this band (and yes in particular Jon) was performing pleasantly, to the standards of a typical rock act and if Jon was in good form, relaxed and enjoying himself !

DavetheGodofKeys 09-10-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1244349)
The more clips i see from this tour the more I’m convinced it will prove the last, at least until/unless something can be worked out with Richie.

I actually think that they'll do the Australia/Japan leg as planned, and then have Richie come play with them in Europe. At least, I hope it happens.

YOVANAfromPeru 09-12-2018 11:15 PM

They're going to post another video tomorrow:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bno4Qf4gFhB/

I don't know what to expect >_<

YOVANAfromPeru 09-13-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1244486)
They're going to post another video tomorrow:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bno4Qf4gFhB/

I don't know what to expect >_<

2:28 My nightmare in video
and I’m getting tired of JBJ’s ass
but I guess We got it going on
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...&v=25qTezdq-2g

james_d 09-13-2018 07:00 PM

WGIGO is a song I could never hear again and be fine with that. I didn't like it when he sang it with energy and I like it less now. This is the first Pro shot I've not enjoyed, despite the obvious flaws the others have they were still enjoyable. This really wasn't..

YOVANAfromPeru 09-13-2018 07:06 PM

I don’t like that song either!
And I hate Phil X hair

fanofrem 09-13-2018 08:29 PM

One of their worst song ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 09-13-2018 09:19 PM

Horrible song and performance.

DavetheGodofKeys 09-13-2018 09:25 PM

This cr*p is maybe one of the worst things they've created but Jon still insists on playing it... seriously I sometimes question Jon's decisions.

YOVANAfromPeru 09-14-2018 12:19 AM

I bet if there's a BJ concert with boys only, We Got It Going On wouldn't be played!
at least they just said again "Live footage will be added every Thursday"

Rdkopper 09-14-2018 12:55 AM

His dancing is bothering me...

When you're young and cool, you can pull off anything... as he gets older and loses that cool factor, it's now becoming very awkward...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thinny 09-14-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1244531)
His dancing is bothering me...

When you're young and cool, you can pull off anything... as he gets older and loses that cool factor, it's now becoming very awkward...

To be honest, I don't have a problem with it. It's a front mans job to move around, shake his ass and engage the audience. I'd much rather see that then the rooted to the mic thing. I'm glad to see him moving around more now! Even if he's embaressing dad dancing! ;)

jazzsta 09-14-2018 10:01 AM

I dont agree with you guys !

1st WGIGO is a cool song in itself. Cool post 2000 groovy song, they have not many of this type in later years.

Yes it is overplayed.

2nd This performance is enjoyable! Jon is not on form but he doesnt need to as everybody is singin together and there is no hard melody or rhythm to be sung by him. So Bad Medicine is not tolerable cause you hear his "absence" all the time, but here you dont notice it. And the rest of the band plays and sings nicely!

YOVANAfromPeru 09-14-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1244534)
It's a front mans job to move around, shake his ass

I can take that in good songs, for example Keep The Faith.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1244536)
there is no hard melody or rhythm to be sung by him.

We Got It Going On is so ugly to me that I would prefer 1 song less in the setlist -_-

Rdkopper 09-14-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1244534)
To be honest, I don't have a problem with it. It's a front mans job to move around, shake his ass and engage the audience. I'd much rather see that then the rooted to the mic thing. I'm glad to see him moving around more now! Even if he's embaressing dad dancing! ;)

I hear you and I agree to a point (and even posted something similar in a prior post) however it's the type of dancing that he's now doing... It's lazy and awkward... He's really just walking around and having his hands and arms do all the work... It's not that energetic back and forth moving like in KTF or even something similar with a little less magnitude...

These shows have become so staged that even the amount of times he'll circle around to give the people in the back a glimpse is limited to twice... At MSG I had fantastic front row seats in the back behind Everett (really more side seats)... Watching Everett the entire show was incredible btw... He's just got his own thing going on and he's very entertaining... I got to see a lot of cool little back stage shots of things too...

Anyway, I was taking to the girl next to me and she said that Jon will circle around twice... Once during WGIGO and once during Sleep... And she was 100% right... That was it... The only time he'll acknowledge the fans in the back was during those two moments on those two songs...

And maybe it was always like that and I just never realized it...

DryCounty 09-14-2018 05:40 PM

I literally hate We Got It Goin' On but it's really one of the few "newer" songs that actually works with the casuals. I'd love to see it replaced but I guess Jon see no reason to replace a song that actually works.
For me it's more urgent to replace the WLOL/Lost Highway-duo. I like both songs but I can't see any scenario where those to songs works on a casual aduience.

Rdkopper 09-14-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1244541)
I literally hate We Got It Goin' On but it's really one of the few "newer" songs that actually works with the casuals. I'd love to see it replaced but I guess Jon see no reason to replace a song that actually works.
For me it's more urgent to replace the WLOL/Lost Highway-duo. I like both songs but I can't see any scenario where those to songs works on a casual aduience.

It's the new Sleep When I'm Dead...

DavetheGodofKeys 09-14-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1244542)
It's the new Sleep When I'm Dead...

The main difference between them, is that Sleep is somewhat good.

liljovi93 09-14-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1244539)
I hear you and I agree to a point (and even posted something similar in a prior post) however it's the type of dancing that he's now doing... It's lazy and awkward... He's really just walking around and having his hands and arms do all the work... It's not that energetic back and forth moving like in KTF or even something similar with a little less magnitude...

These shows have become so staged that even the amount of times he'll circle around to give the people in the back a glimpse is limited to twice... At MSG I had fantastic front row seats in the back behind Everett (really more side seats)... Watching Everett the entire show was incredible btw... He's just got his own thing going on and he's very entertaining... I got to see a lot of cool little back stage shots of things too...

Anyway, I was taking to the girl next to me and she said that Jon will circle around twice... Once during WGIGO and once during Sleep... And she was 100% right... That was it... The only time he'll acknowledge the fans in the back was during those two moments on those two songs...

And maybe it was always like that and I just never realized it...

My brother stopped seeing the band after doing a UK tour in 03 & then 06 and knew exactly what Jon was going to say and when he was going to say it. Things are very very predictable but his dance moves are absolutely shocking! It's the same bloody Mick Jagger esque stuff all the time!! One song yeah, fair enough but anymore... Come on Jon!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

jazzsta 09-14-2018 08:49 PM

He's got the moves like Jagger 😃

YOVANAfromPeru 09-14-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1244546)
He's got the moves like Jagger 😃

At least he doesn’t drink water in bars, right? hihih
ah I’m kidding...

JackieBlue 09-14-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1244548)
At least he doesn’t drink water in bars, right? hihih
ah I’m kidding...

No, he prefers a bottle or two of wine. :D

YOVANAfromPeru 09-14-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1244549)
No, he prefers a bottle or two of wine. :D

You all are Bon Jovi addicts!
FINAL POST!!! AND I'M 100% RIGHT
>_< LOL

YOVANAfromPeru 09-15-2018 02:21 AM

Speaking of We got it going on...

I remember that LITERALLY today last year I was in Chile and WGIGO wasn't played... after all, sometimes my prayers are heard -_-

Rdkopper 09-15-2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1244554)
Speaking of We got it going on...

I remember that LITERALLY today last year I was in Chile and WGIGO wasn't played... after all, sometimes my prayers are heard -_-

I know you're still waiting on that one special one!!!

YOVANAfromPeru 09-15-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1244555)
I know you're still waiting on that one special one!!!

my special prayer was the first heard, baby
now you go to sleep, old man... hihih

Bounce7800 09-15-2018 11:21 AM

Really liked WGIGO when it came out. Along with Crash and Who Says, they're not bad songs just massively overplayed. WGIGO especially has an easy switch with songs like Sleep or OWN if they wanted to.

And by that video, Jon can't even keep up with the song these days so he might as well find another upbeat one to shake his ass and get some screams for.

bonjovi90 09-15-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1244560)
Really liked WGIGO when it came out. Along with Crash and Who Says, they're not bad songs just massively overplayed. WGIGO especially has an easy switch with songs like Sleep or OWN if they wanted to.

And by that video, Jon can't even keep up with the song these days so he might as well find another upbeat one to shake his ass and get some screams for.

Fair point, but he hardly can keep up with any upbeat song these days, so that's a problem. Bad Medicine is horrendous at times when he drops every second word during the verses.

james_d 09-15-2018 12:55 PM

Anyone else feel like there should be an acoustic section of the gigs these days? Seems as good a time as any to do it, could have songs like Saturday night be regulars again but easier for Jon to sing.

YOVANAfromPeru 09-16-2018 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1244563)
Anyone else feel like there should be an acoustic section of the gigs these days? Seems as good a time as any to do it, could have songs like Saturday night be regulars again but easier for Jon to sing.

Personally I would take Saturday Night electric Sao Paulo '17 over any SN acoustic Asia '15
if he plays A Teardrop To The Sea acoustic... that's another story.

james_d 09-16-2018 12:25 PM

As would I it just might not be sustainable for Jon to sing the electric Saturday night every show. Teardrop is a great suggestion though! I'd like to see Superman make an appearance again, as well as scars on this guitar and maybe Labour of love to get some more THINFS songs in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1244579)
Personally I would take Saturday Night electric Sao Paulo '17 over any SN acoustic Asia '15
if he plays A Teardrop To The Sea acoustic... that's another story.

Captain_jovi 09-16-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1244563)

To me the acoustic section is kind of played out. Every tour since 2005 has had that break, I'd like to see something new.

bonjovi90 09-16-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1244585)
To me the acoustic section is kind of played out. Every tour since 2005 has had that break, I'd like to see something new.

And it would only highlight Jon's vocal flaws much more since the instruments don't drown him out. For it to sound good, he'd have to sing it all in a very low key and that would kill the energy.
Like the one time he sang Blood On Blood flat all the way. So boring:

james_d 09-16-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1244585)

Perhaps a 2-4 song section where Jon takes a break and either David or Phil take the lead vocal slot? Could be an opportunity for some rarer songs.

bonjovi90 09-16-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1244587)
Perhaps a 2-4 song section where Jon takes a break and either David or Phil take the lead vocal slot? Could be an opportunity for some rarer songs.

Jon wouldn't need an acoustic song if he wanted to play rare songs. The problem is that he doesn't care about playing them anymore.

And, at least in the US, a break of more than one song without Jon on stage would have the show take a huge dip. Even when Richie sang I'll Be There For You, people went to get a beer or to the bathroom as soon as Jon had left the stage.
That being said, I don't get why he abandoned that jukebox section in I'll Sleep When I'm Dead they had in late 2013 with everyone singing one song. It was the highlight of those shows.

jazzsta 09-16-2018 05:55 PM

The only new thing that seems doable is some sort of DA-ambience with a bit more electronic sound. Teardrops to the sea is in this direction. Even WWYDF is a cool new thing. And of course IWDYH.

I don't see Jon really following this path. Cause it is not compatible with a typical BJ concert where all major hits are played and the show is meant to "rock". Then again we are a bit bored of this show lately,; as it is the same but performed worse..