Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Phil X (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55719)

Kathleen 07-16-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1146717)

Loyalty? do not make me laugh.

Loyalty is a two way street. Richie certainly was not loyal to his fans or to the band. Even if Jon had turned into a monster Richie could have finished out the tour and then quit. But we all know that is not what happened.

I don't bash Richie, I wish he were where he belonged and rocking away. But I have to appreciate Phil for the great job he as done - twice on short notice. And with a great attitude too.

Kiwi78 07-16-2013 10:53 PM

I would have Richie back tomorrow, if he wanted to come back... (assuming that's the issue)

I'm very disappointed in the whole situation and for me personally it will take some time for me to believe in him again, ie - after he's back and seeing how he performs. But I welcome it.

I don't blame Jon and the band for continuing, and I love that Phil has come in and helped them through it. I think he's great - he doesn't fill the stage presence like Richie does but he was never meant to.

I think it's entirely possible to enjoy Phil X and still love Richie.

In some parallel universe I'd love them to keep Phil when Richie comes back, LOL

NicoRourke 07-16-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1146709)
I had a good time BECAUSE Richie wasn't there

So Richie would be ruining the show for you?

Not sure what you meant.

TwinFan 07-16-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1146719)
Even if Jon had turned into a monster Richie could have finished out the tour and then quit. But we all know that is not what happened.

****ing Noel Gallagher. ;)

Quote:

I don't bash Richie, I wish he were where he belonged and rocking away. But I have to appreciate Phil for the great job he as done - twice on short notice. And with a great attitude too.

Yup. Pretty much my exact feelings, though it took me 4 big paragraphs to say it. :D

NicoRourke 07-16-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Even if Jon had turned into a monster Richie could have finished out the tour and then quit. But we all know that is not what happened.

This I totally agree with.

ticos_stick 07-16-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Even if Jon had turned into a monster Richie could have finished out the tour and then quit.

That's a very easy thing for someone on the outside to say though. Whatever happened made Richie snap and stay away. If it was just him being sick of the music or Jon's leadership then he was a twat for leaving but something tells me it was something much bigger. Until I hear something concrete I won't judge either party.

nickolai 07-16-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoRourke (Post 1146721)
So Richie would be ruining the show for you?

Not sure what you meant.

Yeah pretty much. Disappointing so many fans for months and then just coming back with no explanation and expected to carry on like nothing ever happened....wouldn't sit comfortably with me...it wouldn't feel right. In 2011 it was different...he was genuinely ill. Now he's prancing around 100% fine, getting photos with god knows who, chatting shit on twitter while letting many many fans down...if he came back after all that....it just wouldn't be right. Let him miss the whole tour, it's gone on too far

Kriegentragen 07-17-2013 12:03 AM

Jon, can be sometimes a jerk, with his stink-eyes, his diva attitude sometimes, and all the CEO thing. But for money or for love to his work, he didn't let the fans down, and kept on touring along with the band. The man has my respect.

Richie is the co-creator of 30 years of Bon Jovi history, the guitar genius, PART OF the band's soul, but giving no explanations on his departure and his "I'm doing f'ing great and I want to be the next Versace" are simply unacceptable and a big "f*** you" to the band, staff and fans. As valid as his reasons to leave can be, he should have released an statement as vague as he wanted to (some good examples have been provided here), at least. Many fans are angry at him not because he's AWOL, but for being AWOL AND having the time of his life AND giving no explanations at all, while fans keep missing him at concerts.

Phil X. A great musician, has saved band's ass twice. Maybe he doesn't fit Bon Jovi as well as Sambora (no one can), but he has done a great job and the guy has earned my respect. I see no reason to bash him at all.

I just hope this comes to a happy ending soon, the band to have a well-needed rest, release the best album of this millenium, and in the future Phil X is invited to jam with Bon Jovi (including Richie) when they're near.

nickolai 07-17-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1146734)
Jon, can be sometimes a jerk, with his stink-eyes, his diva attitude sometimes, and all the CEO thing. But for money or for love to his work, he didn't let the fans down, and kept on touring along with the band. The man has my respect.

Richie is the co-creator of 30 years of Bon Jovi history, the guitar genius, PART OF the band's soul, but giving no explanations on his departure and his "I'm doing f'ing great and I want to be the next Versace" are simply unacceptable and a big "f*** you" to the band, staff and fans. As valid as this reasons to leave can be, he should have released an statement as vague as he wanted to (some good examples have been provided here), at least. Many fans are angry at him not because he's AWOL, but for being AWOL, having the time of his life, with no explanations at all, while fans keep missing him at concerts.

Phil X. A great musician, has saved band's ass twice. Maybe he doesn't fit Bon Jovi as well as Sambora (no one can), but he has done a great job and the guy has earned my respect. I see no reason to bash him at all.

I just hope this comes to a happy ending soon, the band to have a well-needed rest, release the best album of this millenium, and in the future Phil X is invited to jam with Bon Jovi (including Richie) when they're near.

Agreed 100%

Kiwi78 07-17-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1146732)
Yeah pretty much. Disappointing so many fans for months and then just coming back with no explanation and expected to carry on like nothing ever happened....wouldn't sit comfortably with me...it wouldn't feel right. In 2011 it was different...he was genuinely ill. Now he's prancing around 100% fine, getting photos with god knows who, chatting shit on twitter while letting many many fans down...if he came back after all that....it just wouldn't be right. Let him miss the whole tour, it's gone on too far

That's how I feel - he would have to prove big time that he wanted to be back there.