Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie on the Masked Singer UK? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70991)

JoviForever 01-08-2023 05:07 PM

It does sound like him but I think most UK viewers would say “who?” if it was revealed as him! I think it could also be Shane Richie has some people have commented below the video.

Captain_jovi 01-08-2023 05:53 PM

It's for sure Richie. The heart/dagger logo in the clues. Listen to the way he sings "So get those stakes up higher" and the "Vivaaaaa". That's his vibrato for sure.

JackieBlue 01-08-2023 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1283644)
That's pretty cool. It's 110% him.

A clue "Jack" gave on the show was “Hey, it’s me, Jack. I’ve got quite the collection, so big, it’ll make you say ‘woah’.” Clearly referring to the massive back catalogue he has with the band, and the "Woah-ohh" lyric in Prayer.

Nice find.

EDIT: Lol they legit included the heart and dagger logo in the clue bundle under "Romeo and Juliet". I dont get the potato names reference though.

I don't get those potato clues either; but the Wild Hog tag could reference the movie; and I definitely remember WDOA being in that soundtrack. I missed the heart and dagger, but picked up on Romeo and Juliet bc of the reference in I'd Die for You.

Plus, I agree with Capt about the way he sings "Viva" (and would add his accent on "Laaas Vegas").The most convincing thing to me vocally, though, was the way he sings "again" at the end of the bridge. That just sounds like pure Richie to me.

Thinny 01-08-2023 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1283646)
It does sound like him but I think most UK viewers would say “who?” if it was revealed as him! I think it could also be Shane Richie has some people have commented below the video.

It's not Shane Richie. It's Sambora - I'd recognise that voice anywhere. They do sometimes have left of field celebrities on the UK version. I remember SKIN from Skunk Anansie did it a few years ago. I think that the target audience for this show only really know "celebrities" from Eastenders or Coronation Street, etc, hence the Shane Richie comments.

Apparently it's also filmed in Oct/Nov time so it would tie in with the time that he was popping up all over the place in the UK.

BonJovi100 01-08-2023 09:24 PM

https://i.ibb.co/W6JBhZr/rICHIE.jpg

What's wrong with this world today?
One of the best guitarists singing as a potato to promote his persona and new music?
Seriously fat Elvis is worse than singing as a potato?

There are plenty of other music programs where you can promote your person, but in a better way. I even like some of these programs.

I hope it's not Richie, but some parts sound like Richie to me.

richiefan95 01-08-2023 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1283651)
https://i.ibb.co/W6JBhZr/rICHIE.jpg

What's wrong with this world today?
One of the best guitarists singing as a potato to promote his persona and new music?
Seriously fat Elvis is worse than singing as a potato?

There are plenty of other music programs where you can promote your person, but in a better way. I even like some of these programs.

I hope it's not Richie, but some parts sound like Richie to me.

I ilke this way of promotion. This is much better than going on Howard stern and having to talk about sex with Denise Richards

Eveline 01-08-2023 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1283652)
I ilke this way of promotion. This is much better than going on Howard stern and having to talk about sex with Denise Richards

Haha exactly! It's evident Richie is having fun and at this stage of life he can do whatever he wants. He's always been a comedian, still has a great voice and he's absolutely killing it!

Captain_jovi 01-08-2023 11:10 PM

It's a different world than it used to be. 40 years ago the mere thought of putting a song in a commercial was selling out. A Movie Star would NEVER go on TV. Albums were king and music sold.

Honestly, if this lead to him announcing the album is in the can, while I really don't think it will make a dent in sales, I'll take him having fun in public over sitting on 250 songs.

blazeofglory 01-09-2023 12:39 AM

Yeah I don’t think this is a sell-out type of situation. He clearly must’ve thought he’d have fun doing this, otherwise I don’t think he would’ve agreed to it, and there are far worse shows for celebrities to go on to get people talking about them again. It’s not like he’s camping in a jungle and eating worms or something.

He’s basically just doing his regular job minus the guitar and dressed as a potato, and we all know the man has a great voice, so why not have some fun with it on a show like this and get some promo for his album or whatever he’s got up his sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BonJovi100 01-09-2023 08:28 AM

If singing as a potato isn't typical cringe sell-out situation then nothing is. For me it's awful and i really hope this is not rock legend - Richie Sambora.