Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie on the Masked Singer UK? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70991)

rolo_tomachi 01-09-2023 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1283660)
If singing as a potato isn't typical cringe sell-out situation then nothing is. For me it's awful and i really hope this is not rock legend - Richie Sambora.

If Richie finally releases the album thanks to this extra promotion, then go ahead.

Perhaps, even on his tour, he would add Viva Las Vegas as a tease for the casual fans who discovered him through the show. I just hope she doesn't wear that costume haha.

Rdkopper 01-09-2023 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think he's singing live in that costume, and I also think they added some effects to his voice to distort it a little. I know the concept of the show but I've never watched it prior.

I'm totally digging Richie's version of Viva Las Vegas. I downloaded it and probably listened to it more times already than anything I listened to from RSO.

I think Jon and Richie are back. And I think something big is going to be announced soon. I don't think Richie is doing this just for him...Attachment 1727

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 01-09-2023 01:28 PM

When do they reveal who is behind the mask?

Rdkopper 01-09-2023 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1283664)
When do they reveal who is behind the mask?

I believe it's when they get voted off

Butters 01-09-2023 03:14 PM

Absolutely certain that's Richie. His voice sounds great but very sad to see what his career has come to.

GabrielC 01-09-2023 05:00 PM

This show is pretty big in UK. Not a bad way to promote something, I think this is a right step.

Thinny 01-09-2023 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1283669)
This show is pretty big in UK. Not a bad way to promote something, I think this is a right step.

It's a massive show and ironically the best exposure anyone in the band has had for a very long time over here! I'm actually impressed that Sambora is still viewed as enough of a celebrity here for the producers to consider him for it. It's not like he's really done a huge amount on the last ten years.

Thinny 01-09-2023 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1283663)
I think Jon and Richie are back. And I think something big is going to be announced soon. I don't think Richie is doing this just for him...

You can't help but wonder if the Bon Jovi PR machine might have something do with this...

Captain_jovi 01-09-2023 05:33 PM

Only speaking for the North American version, here it's a good mix of "people that are big" and "this person used to be huge but no one has heard from them in a bit but it's cool they got 'em". To me, Richie falls under Category 2.

I don't think the band is involved in this as far as PR for him coming back goes. Though it may explain why he's holding off on releasing anything (Granted I've said that once every 2 years and having to constantly find reasons like "maybe this is why" is just second nature with this dude)

Thinny 01-09-2023 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1283672)
Only speaking for the North American version, here it's a good mix of "people that are big" and "this person used to be huge but no one has heard from them in a bit but it's cool they got 'em". To me, Richie falls under Category 2.

Without a doubt. There will also be a part of the audiece that are like "who?" as someone else said. But those that know will find it cool I would think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1283672)
I don't think the band is involved in this as far as PR for him coming back goes. Though it may explain why he's holding off on releasing anything (Granted I've said that once every 2 years and having to constantly find reasons like "maybe this is why" is just second nature with this dude)

If after this his album STILL doesn't come out then I will be lost for words. To not take advantage of the situation would be mind bogling! The only reason I can see for not putting it out, or at least a song or EP, is that it's because he's back in the band. Let's see...