Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Aerosmith (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48421)

Panda 06-17-2009 06:37 PM

Aerosmith

I know there's already an aerosmith topic, but I just got a few questions.

I was looking at the set lists. Do they even play dude looks like a lady or i dont wanna miss a thing anymore? I mean, aren't they basically they're two biggest hits?

Do they really play only 90 min? Cuz I payed $210 to see them... They could make everyone happy and play a little longer.

Do they reply to sign requests?

Can Steve Tyler still sing live? Or is it failing?

I'm going to see them live in a couple months (with ZZ Top!) so I'm just curious as I've never heard them live.

Jennifer_Always 06-18-2009 07:35 PM

I saw them in June 2007 in Paris.

Dude, it was awesome! I was really amazed by Steven. He can definitely still sing live. He runs all over the stage. He still shouts with his big mouth. On the very left side of the stage, he was very closed to the ones who had seats. He sang for them, as if he was going to touch them.

They played I dont want to miss a thing but not Dude looks like a lady, which is one of my fave :(

Here's the setlist of this show:

Love In An Elevator
Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
Cryin’
Eat The Rich
I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
Jaded
Rag Doll
Janie’s Got A Gun
Baby Please Don’t Go
Hangman Jury/Seasons Of Wither
Dream On
S.O.S. (Too Bad)
Livin’ On The Edge
Stop Messin’ Around
Sweet Emotion
Draw The Line

Walk This Way
Mama Kin

According to me, you won't be disappointed. Steven got so much energy!

liljovi93 06-18-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer_Always (Post 926632)
I saw them in June 2007 in Paris.

Dude, it was awesome! I was really amazed by Steven. He can definitely still sing live. He runs all over the stage. He still shouts with his big mouth. On the very left side of the stage, he was very closed to the ones who had seats. He sang for them, as if he was going to touch them.

They played I dont want to miss a thing but not Dude looks like a lady, which is one of my fave :(

Here's the setlist of this show:

Love In An Elevator
Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
Cryin’
Eat The Rich
I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
Jaded
Rag Doll
Janie’s Got A Gun
Baby Please Don’t Go
Hangman Jury/Seasons Of Wither
Dream On
S.O.S. (Too Bad)
Livin’ On The Edge
Stop Messin’ Around
Sweet Emotion
Draw The Line

Walk This Way
Mama Kin

According to me, you won't be disappointed. Steven got so much energy!

That's still a VERY good setlist!

BeExcellent 06-18-2009 07:46 PM

I saw Aersomith once only, at Donington at '94.

The most magical thing occured in Livin on the Edge.

"But we can tell em no, or we can let it go"

Plane flies overhead to East Midlands airport, engines exactly playing the part that the blowing wind does on the record, Tyler chasing the plane and pointing, Mic stand and scarves in hand.

Just perfect.

Jennifer_Always 06-18-2009 07:46 PM

For sure, this setlist got me crazy, lol

Panda 06-18-2009 08:05 PM

Okay, but the setlists from this tour so far are not too good. I'm more of a 'greatest hits' fan, and the only song I liked on the sets so far was cryin.... I love songs like livin on the edge, pink, uncle salty, crazy, mama kin and angel.... I don't see any of that... Half the songs I didn't even recognize... It also would be nice to see dude up there and I don't think they have played it once in the last tour.

Supersonic 06-18-2009 08:27 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 926466)
I was looking at the set lists. Do they even play dude looks like a lady or i dont wanna miss a thing anymore? I mean, aren't they basically they're two biggest hits?

Dude has been played on their previous tour thru America but was dropped after a few dates. They all think it's a pretty boring song and Steven Tyler has admitted that he's no longer that fond of the song.

IDWTMAT has been dropped this tour for the first time ever since it was released and it really is the worst song in an Aerosmith setlist. It was about time it was dropped because it's not really an Aerosmith song anyway.

Quote:

Do they really play only 90 min? Cuz I payed $210 to see them... They could make everyone happy and play a little longer.

Most of the time it's an average of 100 minutes. The first shows tend to be 110 minutes long but they usually end up playing 90-100 minute shows. They could indeed make everyone a little happier but I don't think Steven Tyler is capable of doing longer shows. Or he just can't be arsed anymore. The show in Paris Jennifer_Always mentioned had an extra encore that wasn't planned, but was done after the band introductions because Joe Perry started the riff of Mama Kin and Steven Tyler appearantly wasn't too happy about the band joining in. The rendition of it was brilliant though.

Quote:

Do they reply to sign requests?

Sometimes. It happens about 2 times per tour I think. I wouldn't expect anything this tour as they're pretty much playing everything the die hards want, apart from Cryin' and Jaded that is.

Quote:

Can Steve Tyler still sing live? Or is it failing?

He's not as good as he used to be but you shouldn't expect him to be. He's still one of the best vocalists out there. You'll be surprised at what he's capable of hitting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 926641)
Okay, but the setlists from this tour so far are not too good. I'm more of a 'greatest hits' fan, and the only song I liked on the sets so far was cryin.... I love songs like livin on the edge, pink, uncle salty, crazy, mama kin and angel.... I don't see any of that... Half the songs I didn't even recognize... It also would be nice to see dude up there and I don't think they have played it once in the last tour.

Dude, you're getting either the entire Toys In The Attic album at the show, apart from You See Me Crying or Rocks from start to finish. It's like Aerosmith heaven and no one should complain about it. Here's the set of their latest show:

01. Train Kept A Rollin'
02. Cryin'
03. Love In An Elevator
04. Jaded
05. Dream On

06. Combination
07. Toys In The Attic
08. Uncle Salty
09. Adam's Apple
10. Walk This Way
11. Big Ten Inch Record
12. Sweet Emotion
13. No More No More
14. Round And Round
15. Livin' On The Edge
16. Draw The Line

Encore:

17. Dirty Water (w/Dropkick Murphys)
18. Come Together

Now the songs listed in bold have all been singles. That's really not too bad, is it? Aerosmith is so much more than just the singles from the late eighties and early nineties. You should really try to get into the album Toys In The Attic. Or just download/buy "Rockin' The Joint". It's a very seventies orientated live album and showcases that songs like No More, No More rock way harder then songs like Cryin' or IDWTMAT (which is a song for girls/pussies anyway).

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

hometownboy 06-18-2009 08:50 PM

No More No More is fantastic on the Rockin The album, one of the best aerosmith songs out there. However ive got to say hearing IDWTMAT live is quite special, only the once though as i wouldnt want it at every gig!

Panda 06-18-2009 08:53 PM

I don't really care for idwmat but I love cryin....

KeepTheFaith2211 06-18-2009 09:04 PM

Just be glad you are seeing them at all, mate. :)

Panda 06-18-2009 09:09 PM

Yeah I am, but my Wallet feels a lot lighter... Never in my life have I payed $210 for a freakin concert.

KeepTheFaith2211 06-18-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 926662)
Yeah I am, but my Wallet feels a lot lighter... Never in my life have I payed $210 for a freakin concert.

That's a very fair point.

Goldsausage 06-18-2009 10:04 PM

Toys In The Attic is not only my favourite Aerosmith album, but also one of my all time favourite albums. I just wish the bastards would come to the UK and play the damn album here.

One day I'll see them, mark my words, and they best play Dream On and Janie's Got A Gun otherwise some ass-woopin' is gonna happen.

jbjrsdc 06-19-2009 12:18 AM

Nobody's Fault should be a part of every set list, unless they're ****ed in the head.

Crash_ 06-20-2009 04:37 PM

Aerosmith promised to do Toys In The Attic in its entirety this tour and that's shapes heavily the setlists, there's more '70's oriented stuff, although some newer hits are also included.
Recently Joe Perry said they are also going to play Rocks instead of Toys. This is something that die-hard fans were waiting for years.

I can see the difference between wishes here and on Aero board with regard to the setlist. On Aero board some would like to skip also ones like Jaded, Edge and have only '70s stuff, and here are wishes for IDWTMAT or Dude. Of course, If I went to see my first show I'd also like to hear them at least once, but such setlists were played for years.

I wonder what the setlist would look like if they came to Europe. In States they tend to play more deep cuts, whereas in Europe its more greatest hits package.

Crushgen24/88 06-20-2009 07:16 PM

I saw them in '04 on the Honking on Bobo Tour, and I wasn't impressed. They weren't bad, per say, but they didn't live up to my expectations at all. However, this was before Steven's surgeries and such, combined with touring the blues album, so I'd like to give them another shot.

Supersonic 06-20-2009 07:39 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash_ (Post 926910)
I wonder what the setlist would look like if they came to Europe. In States they tend to play more deep cuts, whereas in Europe its more greatest hits package.

The set of the last proper Aerosmith show in Europe (meaning; not on a festival or something):

1. Love In An Elevator
2. Same Old Song And Dance
3. Cryin'
4. Eat The Rich
5. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
6. Jaded
7. What It Takes
8. Big 10 Inch Record
9. Crazy
10. Baby, Please Don't Go
11. Seasons Of Wither
12. Dream On
13. S.O.S. (Too Bad)
14. Livin' On The Edge
15. Stop Messin' Around (Joe Perry on lead vocals)
16. Sweet Emotion
17. Draw The Line

Encore:
18. Train Kept A Rollin'
19. Walk This Way

This was the European tour closer and the first time Aerosmith played Moscow so they did give it their all that night. It's also the longest set they've played in roughly 5 years, I think.

Bang might like this set a lot more but it really is a typical Aerosmith set, one that has been played for about 7 years now, so it was time for a proper change, hence them playing full albums now.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Simon 06-20-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 926662)

Did I just read that sum correctly or was I fooled by my eyes? For a regular concert? I mean... I mean... :-/

I saw them in 1999 and in 2007, both times were brilliant. The 2007 show DID include "Dude". Their energy was amazing, so was Steven. And the sound was perfect, it totally rocked. That was the set, it went on for about 100 minutes.

1. Love In An Elevator
2. Dude (Looks Like A Lady)
3. Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
4. Cryin’
5. Eat The Rich
6. I don’t Wanna Miss A Thing
7. Jaded
8. Rag Doll
9. Baby Please Don’t Go
10. Hangman Jury / Seasons Of Wither
11. Dream On
12. S.O.S. (Too Bad)
13. Livin’ On The Edge
14. Stop Messin’ Around
15. Sweet Emotion
16. Draw The Line

17. Walk This Way

Not bad, quite hit heavy. But before they said they would play many hits in Europe, as they hadn't played here for 8 years! I've followed some setlists once in a while and recognized that in America they always played more album cuts and 70s stuff. Same would happen probably if they would just play over here more often - which would also increase their fanbase. They more or less forgotten/ignored in Europe nowadays, which is a shame.

Don't be afraid, your show will be great!

Panda 06-21-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 926974)
Did I just read that sum correctly or was I fooled by my eyes? For a regular concert? I mean... I mean... :-/

All I gotta say is...

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/110...1&minorcatid=1

With all the conveniance charge and such, it ended up being something like $214 a ticket. I would have gotten cheaper, but the tickets for the cheaper prices were horrible. I have been to McMahon staidium, watching football games.... and thoose seats are just..... :rolleyes:
So it was the higher price or nothing, and as this may be the last chance I get to see Aerosmith, I decided to give it a go. And even if I got horrible seats, it still wouldve cost around $125....

Simon 06-21-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 927008)
All I gotta say is...

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/110...1&minorcatid=1

With all the conveniance charge and such, it ended up being something like $214 a ticket. I would have gotten cheaper, but the tickets for the cheaper prices were horrible. I have been to McMahon staidium, watching football games.... and thoose seats are just..... :rolleyes:
So it was the higher price or nothing, and as this may be the last chance I get to see Aerosmith, I decided to give it a go. And even if I got horrible seats, it still wouldve cost around $125....

Incredible. I paid 55 Euros me thinks, which is about $77. But I understand that you want to see them. Forget about the price and enjoy it! :-)

It still feels pricy to me, in 1996 I payed half the money for the same concerts as today (Bon Jovi etc.). Prices have doubled in a few years, tendency increasing. I would go to so much more concerts if I could afford it. Missed Deep Purple, Bob Dylan, U2 and AC/DC on their current tour. Therefore traveled a lot. Oh well, can't have it all...

jbjrsdc 11-07-2009 08:57 AM

http://www.wmmr.com/music/news/Story.aspx?id=1162028

STEVEN TYLER GOING SOLO; NEW SINGER FOR AEROSMITH?

11/5/2009

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler told Classic Rock magazine this week that he intends to work on "Brand Tyler" instead of a new Aerosmith record for the foreseeable future. Following the band's performance at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in the United Arab Emirates over the weekend, Tyler said about his future plans, "I don't know what I'm doing yet, but it's definitely going to be something Steven Tyler: working on the brand of myself -- Brand Tyler."

Things have been tense in the Aerosmith camp since early August, when a fall from a stage in South Dakota broke Tyler's shoulder and ended the band's summer tour. In the months since, internal strife has come to the surface, with guitarist Joe Perry saying in interviews that the rest of the band had not heard from Tyler since his injury, that the group was waiting for its singer to "get his act together," and that he and Tyler had not even written a song together in 10 years.

Although the show in Abu Dhabi and two other gigs last month in Hawaii showed the band to be in fine form onstage, Classic Rock reported that at all three dates, the rest of the group did not see Tyler until the opening number and that his dressing room was far away from theirs.

Yet Perry told Classic Rock that the Abu Dhabi gig was "one of the best shows of the year."

Tyler has reportedly refused to commit to getting back in the studio and has now also apparently pulled out of a tentative South American tour, forcing the rest of Aerosmith to consider two options: going on hiatus or getting a new vocalist.

As unthinkable as the latter option might sound to fans, guitarist Brad Whitford said, "I'm not sure how good that would look, it would largely depend on who we could get and who would want to do it. That's big shoes to fill. Nobody could replace Steven or imitate him -- he's one of a kind. But if somebody was willing to do it and the chemistry was right, why not?"

Crushgen24/88 11-07-2009 09:10 AM

Aerosmith has become Spinal Tap. Shame.

UKjovi 11-08-2009 12:14 PM

Haven't written a song together in 10 years?? surprised they have lasted this long then.

Goldsausage 11-08-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi (Post 956143)
Haven't written a song together in 10 years?? surprised they have lasted this long then.

They've only released 2 studio albums in the last 10 years though and one of them was a covers album :(

Captain Walrus 11-08-2009 02:23 PM

Not sure quite how they've managed to release a studio album and a covers album with a new original track on it in the last 10 years without writing together ...

Goldsausage 11-08-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 956177)
Not sure quite how they've managed to release a studio album and a covers album with a new original track on it in the last 10 years without writing together ...

No idea, I haven't got the CD's to check the linear lines for to see who wrote what.

But I did read a while ago from Joe Perry that Steven Tyler is more interested in writing with people like Mark Hudson now over band members.

Ferret 11-08-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Writing seperately? :confused:

Do they do a credit thing like Lennon/McCartney or Jagger/Richards, regardless of who wrote the songs?

Captain Walrus 11-08-2009 03:04 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Push_Play

They have a lot of co-writing credits, although I guess they could have worked on the same songs separately, or the official credits could be lies

Supersonic 11-08-2009 03:17 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

That new track on Honkin' On Bobo was written in the nineties, the same goes for all the songs best off albums, not a single song of those were written especially for those albums. Devil's Got A New Disguise for example originates from the Pump sessions.

The last time they actually wrote songs together was for the Just Push Play album.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain Walrus 11-08-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 956193)
Aloha !

That new track on Honkin' On Bobo was written in the nineties, the same goes for all the songs best off albums, not a single song of those were written especially for those albums. Devil's Got A New Disguise for example originates from the Pump sessions.

The last time they actually wrote songs together was for the Just Push Play album.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I knew that about Devil's Got A New Disguise and Sedona Sunrise, but I wasn't aware The Grind was the same, cheers

Supersonic 11-08-2009 07:23 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 956217)
I knew that about Devil's Got A New Disguise and Sedona Sunrise, but I wasn't aware The Grind was the same, cheers

Actually, I might be wrong. The Grind was written in Maui 2002 for the Oh Yeah compilation but Lay It Down was originally from the 1993 Get A Grip sessions. There's a bootleg of a show in Japan where Tyler sings a very small part of Lay It Down so it's a bit unclear when the song originally was written. It might even have been written in 1992 but re-written in 2002 with Marti Fredriksen.

When the compilation album Devil's Got A New Disguise was done the full band had re-recorded various outtakes from earlier sessions but because they didn't deliver the album in time once again a compilation album was released.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Goldsausage 11-08-2009 09:29 PM

Knew Disguise was from the Pump sessions but didn't realise Sedona Sunrise too.

Both brilliant songs.

Solid Sambora 11-08-2009 10:41 PM

I don't know how much you can read into this. There are always reports that Mick Jagger and Keef have fallen out and won't work together again etc etc etc, but the band are still going. And I've read about unrest in the Aerosmith camp before.

crashed 11-10-2009 02:28 PM

Steven Tyler Has Quit?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8352001.stm

asok80 11-10-2009 02:45 PM

Yeah I read about that yesterday. Honestly they haven't written any new stuff in ages
only releases greatest hits and whatnots. Maybe it's about time.

Captain Walrus 11-10-2009 03:15 PM

I reckon they'll be back together before too long

Goldsausage 11-10-2009 09:55 PM

I used to really, really love Steven Tyler but lately I'm not sure I even like him anymore.

He's sure as hell taking the piss out of the fans and the rest of the band.

UKjovi 11-11-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 956167)
They've only released 2 studio albums in the last 10 years though and one of them was a covers album :(

Thats true.

hometownboy 11-11-2009 03:32 PM

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has stated he isn't leaving the band during a surprise appearance at Joe Perry solo gig in New York last night (November 10).

Watch video footage of the declaration by scrolling down and clicking below.

In recent weeks the band have been dogged by rumours that Tyler has quit, with guitarist Perry seemingly confirming that the singer had left Aerosmith on Monday (November 9).

However, midway through a Joe Perry Project gig at New York's Filmore venue, Tyler appeared onstage and addressed the audience.

"I just want New York to know, I am not leaving Aerosmith," he said, before turning to Perry and stating: "And Joe Perry, you are a man of many colours but I, mother****er, am the rainbow!"

Tyler then instructed Perry's drummer to play, and the band launched into Aerosmith's 1975 hit 'Walk This Way'. Tyler ended the song with his arm around Perry.

Watch video footage of the show below.

JerseyboyUK 11-11-2009 11:38 PM

Gutted, he was me hoping they'd called it a day.

No other band (other than Kiss, obviously) has utterly pissed on thier legacy like Aerosmith have done over the last 20 years.
Aerosmith, please **** off.