Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 10-07-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1269012)
Seriously? Metallica launch a double live album and reached number 2 on the billboard, his album was filtered 10 days before.

This is very silly excuse.

If you analyze the chart. His album sales are prominent. He fully lacks in streams...

This is exactly how file sharing hurts the band... If you all waited a day and listened on YouTube and Spotify, their numbers would be much higher.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 10-07-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269013)

You didn't get a physical copy back then but you got a link to download it.

jon-flp 10-07-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1269015)
This is exactly how file sharing hurts the band... If you all waited a day and listened on YouTube and Spotify, their numbers would be much higher.

C'mon man. You know that it's not true. It doesn't even make sense. A lot of people asking for the link here showed that they have bought the album. And I'm 99% sure that everyone who listened to it with the link, listened to it on friday, on spotify (like me), mainly because the quality. It's not fair blame how much? 100 people? for the low sales (and you were one of those who asked for the link)

The big problem in my point of view was the lack of good promotion. Wrong decisions (as release DWYC and one week later release it again with Jen) and let's face it: BJ doesn't have a huge fan base anymore and it's no longer band that attract casual fans.

Captain_jovi 10-07-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

If you analyze the chart. His album sales are prominent. He fully lacks in streams...

DO streaming numbers effect the album sales chart?

rolo_tomachi 10-07-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269013)

Aha, that explains everything. So all the 1 post2000 numbers have been made up with ticket sales. A great disappointment.

Do we know if Burning Bridges had ticket sales? they did a mini tour of 10 concerts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1269014)
I know that it's been decreasing with time...but 20k is too low for BJ, don't you think? And the problem now is that Jon cannot use "another number 1 record" to defend the album in every interview like he did with THINFS, even knowing that in the second week it had the biggest drop for a n1 album in Billboard history.

Let's see how he will react to this. As Rolo said, BB without anyone knowing its existance a few days before the release, reached number 13. That's a shame, because I really think 2020 deserved more.

Without a doubt, 2020 Abum deserved more.

Quote:

No, they would not be, I have given you a very clear example. It does not work like this.

Captain_jovi 10-07-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1269014)
I know that it's been decreasing with time...but 20k is too low for BJ, don't you think? And the problem now is that Jon cannot use "another number 1 record" to defend the album in every interview like he did with THINFS, even knowing that in the second week it had the biggest drop for a n1 album in Billboard history.

Let's see how he will react to this. As Rolo said, BB without anyone knowing its existance a few days before the release, reached number 13. That's a shame, because I really think 2020 deserved more.

I completely agree it's suuuuuuuuuuper low. I wonder if there's math we can use to figure out how the sales actually were for the past four albums and see how bad the decline was. The last bunch of albums first singles haven't really done jack so it'd be interesting to see.

Rdkopper 10-07-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269018)
DO streaming numbers effect the album sales chart?

SEA (streaming equivalent album)

Captain_jovi 10-07-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1269019)

Do we know if Burning Bridges had ticket sales? they did a mini tour of 10 concerts.

I'm not sure if that album had that package deal but for only 10 concerts the difference it would have made feels negligible.

Rdkopper 10-07-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269020)
I completely agree it's suuuuuuuuuuper low. I wonder if there's math we can use to figure out how the sales actually were for the past four albums and see how bad the decline was. The last bunch of albums first singles haven't really done jack so it'd be interesting to see.

It's only as of Tuesday but they are top three in sales with 20K

james_d 10-07-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1269021)
SEA (streaming equivalent album)

Do we know how that's worked out?