Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Friendship songs? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=33366)

Captain Walrus 12-13-2005 10:12 PM

Friendship songs?

OK, so here's the deal .... after going to Uni, me and my girlfriend of nearly two years have decided that at the moment, it would be best for us just to be really good friends.

Soooo ... for Christmas I wanna make her a compilation CD with loads of friendship songs on it .... but at the same time, to try not to overstep the boundary into love songs, which would just make things difficult. So, does anyone have suggestions for songs I should put on this CD?

Keeper 12-13-2005 10:15 PM

Obvious but - With a Little Help from My Friends

Blood on Blood too. Friends Will Be Friends (don't know if the song's exactly called that).

Can't think of any other off the top of my head.

ponrauil 12-13-2005 10:17 PM

Let's make it baby.

That's friendly.

Ponrauil

ponrauil 12-13-2005 10:20 PM

There's that Queen song You're my best friend, but I think it's one of their worsts.

I'll Be There For You (Friends theme, don't know who sings... The Rembrants?)

Put Your Head On My Shoulder by Blessed Union of Souls.

She's My Best Friend by the Velvet Underground.

Stand By Me by Ben E. King.

Ponrauil

ponrauil 12-13-2005 10:23 PM

Lean on Me!

Ponrauil

ponrauil 12-13-2005 10:28 PM

Bridge Over Troubled Water

Wish You Were Here

Ponrauil

Captain Walrus 12-13-2005 10:33 PM

And I was just getting ready to say something nasty to you Ponrauil :D

Cheers for the help so far guys

Kev 12-13-2005 10:34 PM

http://www.friendship.com.au/media/songs/

Captain Walrus 12-13-2005 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev

Woah! You rock my friend! :)

ponrauil 12-13-2005 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Woah! You rock my friend! :)

Google is your friend and rocks, not Kev :)

Ponrauil

Kev 12-13-2005 11:09 PM

It was already in my favourites actually ;) :D

gazthomas 12-13-2005 11:25 PM

Just older

ponrauil 12-13-2005 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazthomas
Just older

Could you please quote the lyrics from Just Older that relate to Friendship?

Ponrauil

gazthomas 12-13-2005 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponrauil
Could you please quote the lyrics from Just Older that relate to Friendship?

Ponrauil

well...

i think its obvious but heres key parts

hey man its been a while do you remember me?

the secrets taking to the grave bit

and o yeh standing here shoulder to shoulder

i think its even more obvious when jon and richie stand shoulder to shoulder because it relates to the bands friendship and fans in my perspective

Mr Bluesman 12-13-2005 11:51 PM

There's always that cheesey Friends soundtrack - "Yooooou and meeeee alwaaaaays, and forever..." if you get desperate.

Mr Bluesman 12-13-2005 11:56 PM

Oh, and being a Pearl Jam fan, you might fancy Light Years. I've always interpreted it as being about someone loosing a close friend. A little drastic perhaps, but beautiful lyrics none the less.

Captain Walrus 12-14-2005 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman
Oh, and being a Pearl Jam fan, you might fancy Light Years. I've always interpreted it as being about someone loosing a close friend. A little drastic perhaps, but beautiful lyrics none the less.

It has got really nice lyrics, but I don't think its appropriate. I was thinking of Off He Goes, but I dunno. Hijacking my own thread here, what do you think of Binaural? I've never really been able to get into it like I have with all the albums before it

"Your lights reflected now, reflected from afar, we were but stones, your light made us stars"

gazthomas 12-14-2005 12:17 AM

Quote:

It has got really nice lyrics, but I don't think its appropriate. I was thinking of Off He Goes, but I dunno. Hijacking my own thread here, what do you think of Binaural? I've never really been able to get into it like I have with all the albums before it

"Your lights reflected now, reflected from afar, we were but stones, your light made us stars"

what about just older?

Dave 1986 12-14-2005 12:24 AM

The Rolling Stones - Waiting On A Friend

Mr Bluesman 12-14-2005 12:31 AM

Well, as soon as I saw 'friendship', Light Years was my first thought. Off He Goes is cool. It's definitely about 'the journey of life' but I get the feeling the guy in this song doesn't really know what he's doing. He goes, he comes back, he goes again. It's a tough call.

Binaural isn't the best, I agree. As an album it doesn't seem the have any sort of structure like other Pearl Jam albums. To me it's just like, loads of songs thrown together. But, it does have some great tracks. I'm a big fan of Light Years, God's Dice and Sleight Of Hand. Talking of Binaural, Parting Ways could be a nice one.

Jim Bon Jovi 12-14-2005 01:49 AM

kill her and bury her in the woods.

but not before putting reach by s club 7 on the cd (good friends there for each other and other such tacky lines coined by the corporate whore machine)

no offense but i think it's a bit of a.... dunno cliched present idea n suggests you're not particularly cool with the idea of being friends.

again see the killing and burying in the woods part.

Neurotica80 12-14-2005 10:08 AM

Why not just do her a CD of songs that remind her of times youve spent together at Uni???

I think "friendship" songs are a little cheesy just my humble opinion though!!!! +

Captain Walrus 12-14-2005 11:47 AM

Well ... I asked for advice on what songs to use, not on whether I should do it or not

:p

Seriously, I know you guys are well meaning, but to be fair, I know my situation, you guys don't really

Rob 12-14-2005 02:53 PM

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits. Although that might not apply to you because it's more about male friendship at the time of war.

gazthomas 12-14-2005 02:57 PM

we all arent gay rob

Neurotica80 12-14-2005 03:02 PM

Quote:

Well ... I asked for advice on what songs to use, not on whether I should do it or not

:p

Seriously, I know you guys are well meaning, but to be fair, I know my situation, you guys don't really

Very True Paul. I guess I meant songs about friendship dont have to necesserly include the word "friend" such as obvious ones like Anytime you need a friend, Youre my best friend etc. Sometime the ones with subtle references can be cool too thats all I meant by that :)

~saz~ 12-14-2005 09:32 PM

LOL my ultimate friendship song is We Are All On Drugs by Weezer...