Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2018 / 2019 European Tour rumors (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70086)

Jonty 10-25-2017 02:46 PM

I hope it would be somewhere else other than the RDS in Dublin. Sound was awful the last time for first half of the show, the snare drum was rebounding against the hard surfaces with weird triple beat returns. Then someone switched something! Of course, maybe they are not confident of filling anywhere else which then is fair as a full stadium would hopefully have more of an atmosphere.

Dave88 10-26-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1229944)
I still would love them to play Wembley if they are doing stadiums, despite having to trek up there way to much this season for the football, they are really owed a gig there. That wound is 12 years due healing.

If not, then the Olympic Stadium would do, despite being West Ham, although possibly the BST festival again could happen I guess.

I think for the first time in years the band has a real chance at playing Wembley, considering they're now under Live Nation and no longer with AEG, which prevented them from playing there in the past tours.

For the same reason I would rule out BST since it is organized by AEG.

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

prayer_84 10-27-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1229972)
I think for the first time in years the band has a real chance at playing Wembley, considering they're now under Live Nation and no longer with AEG, which prevented them from playing there in the past tours.

For the same reason I would rule out BST since it is organized by AEG.

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

They will NOT be playing the British Summer Time festival next year as the headliners for the event have already been announced - Bruno Mars and Roger Waters. I can't see our band being second on the bill, so BST is not an option for sure. I'd love to see them at Wembley stadium, though. They definitely deserve at least one date there.

Bounce7800 10-27-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1230006)
They will NOT be playing the British Summer Time festival next year as the headliners for the event have already been announced - Bruno Mars and Roger Waters. I can't see our band being second on the bill, so BST is not an option for sure. I'd love to see them at Wembley stadium, though. They definitely deserve at least one date there.

BST still have at least 2 concerts unannounced so it wouldn't be for that reason. Bit of a shame in a way, as it was a solid day's music with decent support, rare for BJ these days.

Glad they've moved event promoters though, fingers crossed for Wembley and hopefully new White Hart Lane on the next tour ;)

rolo_tomachi 11-01-2017 09:23 PM

I would have liked that the tour was only this year, but I can understand what he's trying to do. Basically it seems that Jon is taking things slowly, dividing a tour of 100 shows in 2 years instead of doing it all in 1 year. It's Ok.

Becky 11-01-2017 10:49 PM

Jon basically told Roger Waters to F Off when he told Jon to cancel playing in Israel. I don’t think they would share a bill.

MellyMel 11-02-2017 02:30 PM

I thought we would have the tour dates for March by now. What’s taking so long?

liljovi93 11-02-2017 07:31 PM

I read an article before where JBJ said that the band plan to go back on the road in March.

He said that he is healthy and will see what happens as it goes on.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Becky 11-02-2017 08:12 PM

The article that came out today on Variety’s website gives that info in case you want to know where to fit.

Becky 11-09-2017 12:07 AM

I just watched a video from the Samsung event. Jon speculated being on tour in the NY and N.J. area in March.