Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official July 12 PGE Narodowy, Warsaw, Poland Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70604)

BJFan99 07-14-2019 02:20 PM

BOR was terrible:

https://youtu.be/enovJ73vwx8

angelsambo 07-15-2019 09:53 PM

BON JOVI - WARSZAWA 12.07.2019

Eveline 07-16-2019 05:19 PM

Hey guys! Sorry it took me so long. Here's My Review :)

It was a great show in Warsaw, for real. The atmosphere was insane, the energy was out of this world! Met a few fellow fans for the first time ever, went to an afterparty and stayed till 5am, I was so hyped lol. It's weird to hear all those disappointed fans who attended the gigs BEFORE and AFTER the Warsaw gig. Our setlist was longer, Jon was genuinely enjoying himself, the audience was having fun from start to finish. Oh, guess it was that magical combination of give and take ✨ My afterthoughts:

The Stadium
The capacity is over 50,000 but dunno about the attendance. To me it was pretty packed up. I chose GA and it was a good choice. I wasn’t far from the stage, the sound was OK *the stadium’s acoustics isn’t the best, I heard many people were complaining, especially those in the stands* and we were having lots of fun down there :D

The Support
I got familiar with the band’s music as soon as I’d learnt they would open for BJ. Switchfoot deserves all the love they're getting! Jon and the band gave us an electrifying performance and won the audience over with their energy and excellent command of the crowd. Some fans were complaining Jon wanted to steal the show and overdid but from what I’ve seen, they’re like that when performing. It was a pure musical pleasure, too. Hope to see the guys in Poland again!

The Songs
BJ played 22 songs, which is quite something when other countries get 18.

THINFS
A great opener, blends well with the intro.

RYH
A bit annoying but still better than It's alright x1000 times.

BN
This is where you miss the interaction on stage the way J/R used to.

BTBMB
One of the songs that made me a BJ fan, a great song live, although it’s a challenge for Jon to sing.

WLOL/LH
Believe it or not, we were riding through that combo pretty smoothly :D Some fans were even singing the chorus. I’m lazy and still haven’t memorised the lyrics to most BJ songs so I was more focused on that endless highway on the screen.

Runaway
When Jon was talking about the Time Machine and going back to the very beginning, I thought he meant a song from the two first albums. Wish you could have seen my dumbfounded face lol. Then Runaway got played and I almost gave myself a facepalm :D

WWBTF
This song is such a drag, actually it’s completely erased from my memory so no comments, sorry.

HAND
Shanks spoilt all the fun for me. The guy gets way too much spotlight and this song is his chance to ‘shine’ even brighter. *eye roll*

KTF
Love the song but man, it used to be FIERY and the solo doesn't speak to my heart, even though Phil made it his own now.

Amen
Not a fan of this song, it kills the momentum after KTF. This is when I actually wished I’d had working Internet connection in my phone lol.

BOR
A cheesy song but it feels nice live, Phil nailed the guitar here. Just before the song started, Jon turned his back to us and used a mouth spray. When I saw it, I actually said *out loud* that he was going to kiss somebody in a moment haha. I was pretty surprised that he only kissed the girl’s hand, though.

Rollercoaster
Monster live!

IML
That song gripped the audience for real! We were all singing the chorus at the top of our lungs. It seems we sang the song ourselves, not Jon haha. Such an energy boost! The talk box wasn't bad, either.

WDR
The backing vocals were very loud in this one. This is when I realized fully why Everett is in the band.

Wanted
We were singing like crazy but it just doesn't feel right w/o Rich, it's such a J/R song it hurts. The solo was flat and this is where I realized Richie is the only one. *sigh*

LYHOM
One of the greatest BJ songs, feels like magic live + Jovi church on the screens makes it a killer stadium song. I felt like flying with all the colours, the music, the thundering voice of thousands of throats singing along.

Cpt Crash
A fun song, you can't just stand still + the fun moment when Jon & the band kneeled :D It seems it’s the most liked and retweeted thing on BonJoviTalk’s twitter page too.

Sleep
This song is an example of Jon struggling to sing. We could hear it pretty clearly but surprisingly, it didn't bother us as much as while listening to the bootlegs on YT. I swear I couldn't help feeling bouncy, the energy was high. Now I get people who say that being in a gig is a totally different experience.

BM
It was a bit disappointing live. Jon did struggle singing this one, maybe because it was towards the end of the show and he was tired.

IBTFY
The most magical moment. BJ opened the encore with IBTFY. Jon was showing off his t-shirt *a gift from Polish fans* and seemed genuinely proud. I don't think there was one person who wasn't singing along, swaying along to the music. Very emotional..

Prayer
As soon as I heard the characteristic sounds, I got chills running down my spine! I do believe St Peter plays Prayer at the Heaven's Gate, it's so f--- GOOD!

The Band

Jon’s a great frontman, hands down! The crowds were mesmerised, interacted willingly and it was as much a lively spectacle as you could imagine. He wasn’t stuck at the mike but he wasn’t doing acrobatics, either. At 57 he’s still in a great shape. And his voice? It’s bad, there’s no other way to put it. Yet, when you’re there it’s not a big issue, you sing along and the mixture of sounds and colours is so overwhelming you forget about your tired feet, clap till your hands ache and sing so loud your throat still feels sore the day after.

Most Phil's solos felt empty and flat to me, Richie's playing is one of a kind, but let me tell you, this guy is one of a hell of a player and he's humble and a wonderful human being. I can say he's a guy that kinda fits, and doesn't fit, you know? It's complicated.

Shanks can't play the guitar for sh*t 👎 His solos were atrocious. That eyeliner only gave him a more creepy look than usual. Get off stage, man, and let Phil play!

I've read somewhere here that Everett could just stand on the stage bc his bongos are more like stage props and Tico's drumming is enough. In this gig I fully realized WHY he's even there. He was singing his ass off, sorta covering Jon's one.

Dave and Tico were monsters! Jon reminded us that there’s Polish blood in Dave’s veins and I do think he was enjoying being here a lot.

My Impressions
I didn't expect much. I just wanted IBTFY and TD be played, the first one actually was played and I'm happy it did happen. Jon does sing off-key and there's NO chemistry on stage, yet Richie's absence doesn't feel so acute and the voice struggles don't seem such an issue live. Then you have that extraordinary atmosphere, the fans singing along, your tired feet being the thing you don't care that much anymore. Jon's being the leading man you wanted to, Richie's soul being somewhere there and you suddenly love the scene. Really enjoyed it!

My gig was around Richie's bday and silly me thought Jon would acknowledge it somehow. Instead, the setlist was almost the same as in other cities & we heard how Phil saved the band for the umpteenth time *it's been 6 f@kin' years, we got it!*We did get super long IBTFY, though.

I said my gig would be bittersweet and this is exactly what it was. I'm sure it would be much different if I actually had more to compare to, especially those from the ancient past. Even if there were some little pangs here or there, I decided to ignore them. The show must go on.

bjcrazycpa 07-16-2019 05:35 PM

Thank you for your thorough review Eveline. It’s always nice to read impressions from someone that isn’t old like me and sees/hears it through fresh eyes/ears and doesn’t bring the expectations of previous shows/tours. I’ve been to well over 100 Bon Jovi shows since 1985 and while I always try and stay “in the current” sometimes those pesky expectations from shows past does creep in and that can be a bad thing ha ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eveline 07-16-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1257201)
Thank you for your thorough review Eveline. It’s always nice to read impressions from someone that isn’t old like me and sees/hears it through fresh eyes/ears and doesn’t bring the expectations of previous shows/tours. I’ve been to well over 100 Bon Jovi shows since 1985 and while I always try and stay “in the current” sometimes those pesky expectations from shows past does creep in and that can be a bad thing ha ha!

You're welcome:) I couldn't wait to see the band live so that I could experience it with my own eyes/ears and stop being an armchair critic haha. I'm happy I was there and although I'll never be able to experience the greatness BJ once were, it was my 'now or never' moment to at least see what's left of them & meet fellow fans. And it was my very first gig on that scale so I'm still recovering from it!

BonJovi100 07-25-2019 10:02 PM

Ok. I will ad something about this show.

It's really funny that I was on 4 others Bon Jovi shows. Stuttgart 06, Leipzig 07, Dresden 11 and Warsaw 13. In 3 of htem Richie plays on guitar. Three of them had Jon with fantastic voice. One of them had AMAZING setlist (Dresden). One ot them was first shon in history pleyed in my country. And we have Warsaw.. Jon in half of the show was out of key, there wasn't Richie there, only 22 song, no extra songs.. and probably it was best show that I've seen :D

Why? Jon is killer frontman. He did something magical. Everytone was singing, jumping eccc. He made that crowd was insane. I didn't want to hear Cpt Crash but they played it spectacular! and I listen that song everyday now! I think that we are hungry Bon Jovi (only 2 shows in history) so we give them our energy and Jon like us.. why? I don't know.. He gave us this year more that in every great Bon Jovi show that I've seen in past. He was sick in Poland and maybe someone gave him LSD or something like this to cure?

And something special for me and us..

Jon wore special T-shirt which I made for him. It has 792 photos of polish fans (sometimes more people on 1 photo). It was our gift for them to say thank you for coming to us again and to show our love for the band.

I will put here tommorow how this project looks, how we give them to Jon.. and how he shake my hand after saying that it was great day after the show :)

bjcrazycpa 07-26-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1257748)
Jon wore special T-shirt which I made for him. It has 792 photos of polish fans (sometimes more people on 1 photo). It was our gift for them to say thank you for coming to us again and to show our love for the band.

I will put here tommorow how this project looks, how we give them to Jon.. and how he shake my hand after saying that it was great day after the show :)

How very cool. Can't wait to hear the details!

BonJovi100 07-26-2019 09:14 PM

It all started when we started thinking about fans' actions at the upcoming concert in Warsaw. We wanted to cooperate with the concert organizer, but they did not want to cooperate with us. They do not cooperate with anyone. Despite the difficulties, we decided to organize two fan actions on our own. One is the white and red stadium on "Wanted Dead Or Alive" and the second - T-shirt for Jon. Initially it was supposed to be a football T-shirt. After collecting funds, fans suggested doing something special for the concert (not typical footbal T-shirt). Instead of a football T-shirt decided on a special project. It was to consist of images of fans' faces. The photos were to create a large mosaic with the logo of this tour. I made a special mail to which fans sent photos. I gave myself a week for it (time chased us). The response was huge. Fans began to send lots of photos. Pictures were sent by whole families, friends, ecc. I got about 1,300 photos. In the project, I used 792 of them. Ultimately, the project after the amendments finally looked like this -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1joW...kq1anONaC/view . When I had a shirt in my hands I had to somehow deliver it to Jon. We tried through the organizer, by people from the close environment of the band, but there was no response. We even created a #dressupjbj action so that the team close to Bon Jovi would have noted our idea. Unfortunately, we had to rely on ourselves.

We were able to deliver the T-shirt during the arrival of the band to the country. I passed it in the box straight to Jon's hands. Below is a video of the transfer. At first, Jon wanted to sign this t-shirt, but I told him it was a gift for him. He smiled slightly and the bodyguard gave it to her, and he put it in the car. At the end of the video you can see our joy. We were very relieved when we gave it to us. Despite the big problems we managed and we were very lucky because of that
VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/embed/JhR1RV-TVPM

https://i.ibb.co/VYJz1Kb/04-Przylot.jpg

As I promised my fans that I would do everything to make Jon put on this t-shirt, I decided to give the second copy of it to someone from Bon Jovi. I took this t-shirt with me into the city. I met Obie under the hotel. I referred to our earlier meeting in Gdansk. We talked about the team's plans for the These Days box box and told about our action. I gave him a second copy and Obie got involved in talking about her. He promised me that he would give the shirt to Jon. Two hours later, when he returned to the hotel, he was holding a shirt in his hand.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz7rxTTIRP2/

https://i.ibb.co/BzFnMfF/Obie.jpg

At the concert, it was known that if Jon was to wear a T-shirt, it would be an encore. When he came out in the stadium there was a clamor. A lot of people told me later that they were crying when they saw Jon in this shirt. The fans were very much involved in the action and they kept their fingers crossed to make it happen. A lot of fans were proud at this moment. When I saw Jon in the t-shirt, I felt a great relief. However, how he was enjoying it and posing in it was something special for me :)
https://i.ibb.co/T27FZ1N/Jon-T-Shirt.jpg

The next day we went to the departure of Bon Jovi. I shouted to Jon that I made him this T-shirt and I hope he likes it. He smiled, nodded and said "that it was great." Then he wanted to shake my hand, and I thought He wanted a pen ;) I put the phone down and took a handsomely handshake. Then Jon signed me on the first copy of the T-shirt with this print. It was something magical. My 19-year dream has been fulfilled.
VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/embed/PWBrOmVeYzk

https://i.ibb.co/hH6XH4H/Podpis.jpg

I am proud of this action because a lot of fans have managed to get involved. The fans treated this action like theirs. They are proud that they are on a shirt that Jon founded. People accosted me on the street and afterparty and congratulated the idea, the implementation and the fact that all the action was successful.

Undoubtedly, this is something for me beautiful. I have been in our Polish fan club for 18 years and this whole situation is the crowning achievement of my work for the team. Here's the whole story of this t-shirt.. :)

bjcrazycpa 07-26-2019 09:39 PM

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful tribute. I could feel your pride and exuberance reading the post.

jon-flp 07-26-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1257826)
It all started when we started thinking about fans' actions at the upcoming concert in Warsaw. We wanted to cooperate with the concert organizer, but they did not want to cooperate with us. They do not cooperate with anyone. Despite the difficulties, we decided to organize two fan actions on our own. One is the white and red stadium on "Wanted Dead Or Alive" and the second - T-shirt for Jon. Initially it was supposed to be a football T-shirt. After collecting funds, fans suggested doing something special for the concert (not typical footbal T-shirt). Instead of a football T-shirt decided on a special project. It was to consist of images of fans' faces. The photos were to create a large mosaic with the logo of this tour. I made a special mail to which fans sent photos. I gave myself a week for it (time chased us). The response was huge. Fans began to send lots of photos. Pictures were sent by whole families, friends, ecc. I got about 1,300 photos. In the project, I used 792 of them. Ultimately, the project after the amendments finally looked like this -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1joW...kq1anONaC/view . When I had a shirt in my hands I had to somehow deliver it to Jon. We tried through the organizer, by people from the close environment of the band, but there was no response. We even created a #dressupjbj action so that the team close to Bon Jovi would have noted our idea. Unfortunately, we had to rely on ourselves.

We were able to deliver the T-shirt during the arrival of the band to the country. I passed it in the box straight to Jon's hands. Below is a video of the transfer. At first, Jon wanted to sign this t-shirt, but I told him it was a gift for him. He smiled slightly and the bodyguard gave it to her, and he put it in the car. At the end of the video you can see our joy. We were very relieved when we gave it to us. Despite the big problems we managed and we were very lucky because of that

As I promised my fans that I would do everything to make Jon put on this t-shirt, I decided to give the second copy of it to someone from Bon Jovi. I took this t-shirt with me into the city. I met Obie under the hotel. I referred to our earlier meeting in Gdansk. We talked about the team's plans for the These Days box box and told about our action. I gave him a second copy and Obie got involved in talking about her. He promised me that he would give the shirt to Jon. Two hours later, when he returned to the hotel, he was holding a shirt in his hand.

At the concert, it was known that if Jon was to wear a T-shirt, it would be an encore. When he came out in the stadium there was a clamor. A lot of people told me later that they were crying when they saw Jon in this shirt. The fans were very much involved in the action and they kept their fingers crossed to make it happen. A lot of fans were proud at this moment. When I saw Jon in the t-shirt, I felt a great relief. However, how he was enjoying it and posing in it was something special for me :)

The next day we went to the departure of Bon Jovi. I shouted to Jon that I made him this T-shirt and I hope he likes it. He smiled, nodded and said "that it was great." Then he wanted to shake my hand, and I thought He wanted a pen ;) I put the phone down and took a handsomely handshake. Then Jon signed me on the first copy of the T-shirt with this print. It was something magical. My 19-year dream has been fulfilled.

I am proud of this action because a lot of fans have managed to get involved. The fans treated this action like theirs. They are proud that they are on a shirt that Jon founded. People accosted me on the street and afterparty and congratulated the idea, the implementation and the fact that all the action was successful.

Undoubtedly, this is something for me beautiful. I have been in our Polish fan club for 18 years and this whole situation is the crowning achievement of my work for the team. Here's the whole story of this t-shirt.. :)

Congrats mate!!! Very nice to read this!

Supersonic 07-26-2019 09:51 PM

Aloha !

That was a fantastic read. Very well done, congratulations!

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

efpg0708 07-26-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1257826)

That was awesome ! Congrats !!

DavetheGodofKeys 07-26-2019 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1257828)
Congrats mate!!! Very nice to read this!

Amazing that you could manage it! Congratulations!

bonjovi90 07-26-2019 11:47 PM

Great story and I'm happy that it worked all out like this! Congratulations, cool effort! :)

Eveline 07-27-2019 03:11 AM

That's my country! :D I'd read this story before but it never ceases to amaze me how things happen when you help your luck a little :)

YOVANAfromPeru 07-27-2019 03:19 AM

Fun and crazy story, BonJovi100. That’s one of the things why JBJ is a legend. Definitely something really special to you. And all the other fans in the t-shirt can celebrate with you I guess for weeks now, lol.

JackieBlue 07-27-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1257846)
Fun and crazy story, BonJovi100. That’s one of the things why JBJ is a legend. Definitely something really special to you. And all the other fans in the t-shirt can celebrate with you I guess for weeks now, lol.

What she said... :D

That's an amazing story, my friend. It was a huge project and you did a wonderful job. You also provided just one more example of why, no matter how many times Jon might tick me off, I still love the guy to the moon and back! Sometimes it may seem to us that he's just in it for the money or that he's grown cynical about the whole thing; but I believe he still appreciates his fans as much as he ever did, even if it doesn't always come across that way from a distance.

As far as I'm concerned, one story like this smacks down a hundred of those that whine about him or say he's a jerk. It's easy to complain; but it takes a little more effort to tell the positive side sometimes. Thanks for taking the time to do that! :)

PanosBonJovi 07-27-2019 04:09 PM

Amazing story and thanks for sharing it with us mate! So happy for all of you !

BonJovi100 12-31-2019 11:44 PM

I would like to thank you for all the good words. 2019 was a great year for me and many of my dreams came true. In thanks for the help I made a video (multicam) of the song "I'll Be There For You" performed in Warsaw. I hope you like it!

I'll Be There For you - Warsaw, Poland, 12 July 2019 (Multicam + T-Shirt For Jon)

BJFan99 01-02-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1260516)
I would like to thank you for all the good words. 2019 was a great year for me and many of my dreams came true. In thanks for the help I made a video (multicam) of the song "I'll Be There For You" performed in Warsaw. I hope you like it!

I'll Be There For you - Warsaw, Poland, 12 July 2019 (Multicam + T-Shirt For Jon)
Bon Jovi I'll Be There For You (Poland Warsaw 2019) - Edycja Forumowicz Roku - YouTube

WTF is this??? I'm getting goosebumps from a 2019 live video of Bon Jovi!

Great story, thanks for sharing - and I must say on Jon's defense, that's how you deliver a song with no voice! Kudos to both him and you :)

YOVANAfromPeru 01-03-2020 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1260516)

Bon Jovi I'll Be There For You (Poland Warsaw 2019) - Edycja Forumowicz Roku - YouTube

No idea how everything looks good in JBJ.
Nice T-shirt (it's also in the January month of the official calendar).
https://www.bonjoviofficialmerch.com.../2020-calendar

BonJovi100 01-03-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1260520)
WTF is this??? I'm getting goosebumps from a 2019 live video of Bon Jovi!

Great story, thanks for sharing - and I must say on Jon's defense, that's how you deliver a song with no voice! Kudos to both him and you :)

Thanks. Jon really showed at the concert how big he is a front man. His energy made people feel like they were in a trance. It's good to see that others also like the video

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1260522)
No idea how everything looks good in JBJ.
Nice T-shirt (it's also in the January month of the official calendar).
https://www.bonjoviofficialmerch.com.../2020-calendar

Half the month has a background picture. In addition, in August it is as the main one. A year ago I could only dream about what happened :)

Bodzio 07-12-2020 12:09 PM

Hello,

Today, one year after the concert, a multicam video will be posted on YT, at 20:30 CET :)

Made by DamnedTV from many, many videos sent by fans. Tune in :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D_h...ature=youtu.be