Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Official Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Thread. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47538)

asok80 02-05-2009 03:20 PM

We had major problems here in Sweden too, mostly with the payment system that they realized, right when the tix were supposed to go on sale,would crash so they postponed the sale for 55 min and then it took hard work for approx. one hour to get into the systems and for some the payment system crashed anyhow and some where left with money drawn from their account but no tix or confirmation or visa versa. Some still haven't not received their money back OR tix. The strange thing about this site (Eventime this time) was that once you had gotten into the system and purchased tix you could then log in and out as many times as you wanted whilst others could not get into the system at all.

Kathleen 02-07-2009 02:23 AM

Well I got tickets today for Thursday night (in Jersey) because a friend got dumped by the ticketmaster system while trying to checkout. She complained (big time) and they offered her extra tickets so guess who benefitted? Now all I have to pay through the nose for are Saturday night tickets <sigh>

Kathleen 02-07-2009 03:03 AM

And have you all heard this???? Another guy - unhappy leaving Jersey LOL. I can't tell you how happy this makes me - the E Street Band can continue after all. :D
_________________________________________--

CONAN O'Brien's drum ming sidekick, Max Weinberg, is not expected to be joining "The Tonight Show" when O'Brien takes over the show next month.

Weinberg, the longtime anchor of O'Brien's house band, The Max Weinberg 7, is also the longtime drummer for Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street band.

It is understood that Weinberg, a father of two and a Newark native, rakes in bigger bucks from Springsteen and does not want to be forced to leave his south Jersey home for the move to LA.

He is also said to loathe the notion of giving up his season tickets for the NJ Devils.

As Conan's move to LA has been approaching, there have been published reports about Weinberg's attempts to sell 22 acres of his 40-acre estate in Middletown, NJ, to developers. The proposed sale is not sitting well with some neighbors and officials in Middletown Township, the story said. According to reports, Weinberg plans to keep his New Jersey home - where he lives with his wife and two children - while living at least part-time in the LA area.

Weinberg has reportedly been looking at homes in the LA area, but has apparently chilled on the idea. NBC officials say "Tonight Show" producers have not yet given up trying to woo Weinberg.

"The show would like him to [move] and we're trying to figure it out," a NBC spokesman says.

Weinberg could not be reached for comment yesterday.

On "Late Night," Weinberg is occasionally presented in sketches as a twisted character with sexual fetishes and homicidal tendencies.

Weinberg joined Conan back in 1993, reportedly after a chance meeting with the late-night host outside the Carnegie deli.

asok80 02-07-2009 09:44 AM

Yeah read about that. Might be smart negotiations though who knows. I don't think it really matters if he moves or not, if the band wants to go on I'm sure they will.
I was wondering why Bruce thanked Conan so very heartily during the NFL press conference. .-)

Glad to hear that you got tix for NJ, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you guys will get tix for saturday without having to pay excess prices!

milomom 02-07-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 905001)
And have you all heard this???? Another guy - unhappy leaving Jersey LOL. I can't tell you how happy this makes me - the E Street Band can continue after all. :D
_________________________________________--

CONAN O'Brien's drum ming sidekick, Max Weinberg, is not expected to be joining "The Tonight Show" when O'Brien takes over the show next month.

I heard about that yesterday and knew you'd be pleased! Any word about LaBamba and Pender? :rolleyes:

Great news about the NJ tickets!

bj54 02-07-2009 11:35 PM

[QUOTE=Kathleen;904997]Well I got tickets today for Thursday night (in Jersey) because a friend got dumped by the ticketmaster system while trying to checkout. She complained (big time) and they offered her extra tickets so guess who benefitted? Now all I have to pay through the nose for are Saturday night tickets <sigh>[/QUOT

Good for you Kathleen. I'm still trying for a jersey show, but only the PA show comes up. Stinkin Ticketmaster.
Eileen

Tictoc 02-08-2009 09:38 PM

I only really got into Bruce about two years ago. He has blown my mind regularly ever since.

Also Conan needs Max to make the show as funny as it can be, without him it'd be a lot poorer. Just looking at Max makes me laugh.

slippery89 02-08-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 904214)
What a ****ing halftime performance. Springsteen totally blew it away, and did what only U2 have ever done before:
Make the halftime show actually seem like a real concert. Other acts have been quite good, but only these two have done that.
Not only that, but it was an amazing game, with an amazing ending, if you like the sport.

I disagree, U2 was just ok for me and I'am HUGE U2 fan. By far my favorite was Prince, wow I was in awe after his performance because I was very impressed. I was so blown away because I wasn't expecting to be blown away like I was. But for my list for favorite halftime, I put Prince 1st then Tom Petty, Bruce, The stones, U2

JerseyboyUK 02-08-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slippery89 (Post 905322)
By far my favorite was Prince, wow I was in awe after his performance because I was very impressed. I was so blown away because I wasn't expecting to be blown away like I was. But for my list for favorite halftime, I put Prince 1st then Tom Petty, Bruce, The stones, U2

I'm a massive Prince fan and i too reckon Prince's performance is far and away the best of recent years.

Tictoc 02-08-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK (Post 905324)
I'm a massive Prince fan and i too reckon his performance is far and away the best of recent years.

By far the best halftime show ever.

The Stones come second but still nowhere near Bruce.