Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Why "American Idiot" Is A Musical Masterpiece... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=28880)

RyanBounce04 12-23-2004 09:17 PM

Why "American Idiot" Is A Musical Masterpiece...

What can I say about the year 2004... It's been full of surprises and dissapointments. None of which describe Green Day. 2004 was the year for them to do what they have done best and beyond. They came out with one of the best Rock Records I've ever heard. It's the "Slippery When Wet" of 2004. Funny now, because what most of us consider "good" music, doesn't come from our time but back in the 80's where the real bands were rocking all over the face of the earth. When I heard early in the year that their demo's and album were stolen. I was astonished because I had been waiting since 2000 for a new album. So they went back into the studio and started all over again. And from scratch, we got one of the biggest surprises out of a band that has already produced hit after hit. This album is one that could be played all over the radio. Any song could be a single. American Idiot is a great Rock Opera that tells the tale of a man leaving a town, meeting a woman, falls in love, falls out of love, and then goes back home. Each individual track also tells a single story though. For instance "Holiday" is about George W. Bush. I have never bought an album that every single track is awesome. American Idiot is a first for me. I bought so many albums this year and nothing can compare to it. Ok, tell me the truth people, how many of you were iffy on buying it??? How many were surprised when they bought it? How many love this album? Thought so... Coming back in being nominated for several Grammy's is great! But have the chance to win is better. Pretty awesome if you ask me. So for those of you that don't know if you want to buy it or not.... Listen to me and the rest of us here and open your eyes and ears. This album is one for the ages. Ask the majority here.... American Idiot is awesome. Only one word can describe it... Masterpiece.

Ryan

Jim Bon Jovi 12-23-2004 11:27 PM

strangely enough I just picked it up tonight for my sister (she's goign to see them in february and i thought she might want to know more than good riddance and basketcase) so Ill have a listen to it over the holidays but from what i've heard, it's a pretty solid album and has great production on it..

Bon Jovidudes#2 12-24-2004 12:00 AM

I picked it up yesterday, after listening to it for weeks at the office, it is indeed Green Day's finest work to date. They sure have my vote.

RichieW2001 12-24-2004 02:18 PM

i can't get into green day at all. i can't stand the nasal whining to be honest.

Mousebounce 12-24-2004 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
i can't get into green day at all. i can't stand the nasal whining to be honest.

Yeah!! I am not alone!! I feel the same exact way about them. :D :D

RichieW2001 12-24-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

it isn't even that they're a bad band! boulevard of broken dreams would be a great song if it weren't for the vocals and i find it difficult to focus on anything other than them during the songs.

Mousebounce 12-24-2004 03:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

it isn't even that they're a bad band! boulevard of broken dreams would be a great song if it weren't for the vocals and i find it difficult to focus on anything other than them during the songs.

Yup. I own two of their CD's, but I can't tolerate too much of that voice. It gets on my nerves after awhile.

TheNicker 12-25-2004 06:17 PM

I strongly agree Ryan, this is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. It really is a masterpiece that everyne should listen to at least once. Even if you don't feel like listening to the whole album because you don't like Green Day, at least listen to the epic Jesus of Suburbia!

Mr Bluesman 12-27-2004 12:10 AM

I only have Nimrod. There's not much on there that I can say strikes me as being any good. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) and Last Ride In are pretty decent though. From American Idiot, Boulevard Of Broken is a good track. I think I might by the album to see what the fuss is about.

Late 12-27-2004 01:03 AM

I really canīt be bothered with Green Day. I never understood their music, much like I never understood what was so special about Nirvana. But Iīm glad you like it. :)