Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Def Leppard + Poison to Tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47766)

JerseyboyUK 02-27-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 909239)
This to me really is one of the signs that the world is ****ed up and I'm living in a world full of ****ing idiots.

Cheap Trick third on the bill to Def Leppard (dentist's chair music) and ****ing Poison (hair-piece juvenile drunken shit). Is there a bigger ****ing joke? Seriously. The world is retarded.

100% agree.

danfan 02-27-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

This to me really is one of the signs that the world is ****ed up and I'm living in a world full of ****ing idiots.

Cheap Trick third on the bill to Def Leppard (dentist's chair music) and ****ing Poison (hair-piece juvenile drunken shit). Is there a bigger ****ing joke? Seriously. The world is retarded.

How is DL considered dentist chair music, but Cheap Trick isn't?

Right or wrong, Cheap Trick hasn't been as successfull as either band from a sales/touring standpoint. Hell, I saw Cheap Trick open for Motley Crue.

You might not like those bands but it is what it is.

Iceman 02-27-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 909256)
How is DL considered dentist chair music, but Cheap Trick isn't?

Right or wrong, Cheap Trick hasn't been as successfull as either band from a sales/touring standpoint. Hell, I saw Cheap Trick open for Motley Crue.

You might not like those bands but it is what it is.

This is exactly what's so ****ed up about this place and it's one of the reasons I rarely post here anymore (apart from JT being overrun by horny teens). If someone doesn't like something, it's automatically shit. No discussion, don't even try. I consider such people idiots.

Ice

danfan 02-27-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 909259)
This is exactly what's so ****ed up about this place and it's one of the reasons I rarely post here anymore (apart from JT being overrun by horny teens). If someone doesn't like something, it's automatically shit. No discussion, don't even try. I consider such people idiots.

Ice

Agreed.

FTR, let me reiterate that just because an artist sells more, that doesn't make them better. I'm simply pointing out here as a reason why Cheap Trick is billed under the other 2.

Goldsausage 02-27-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Cheap Trick third on the bill to Def Leppard (dentist's chair music)

If that's the case then I'd love to go to your frickin' dentist.

Dentist music would be the new stuff Bryan Adams churns out, not Def Leppard :rolleyes:

Crushgen24/88 02-27-2009 10:53 PM

Part of me REALLY wants to go to this tour. However, I've heard bad things about Poison and Lep live, and he other concerts I want to see this summer (Billy Joel+Elton John, U2, Green Day, No Doubt) are all above it on the list, and on the mire expensive side.

JerseyboyUK 02-27-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 909259)

Ice

You are talking bullshit, again.
Sometimes i think you come looking for trouble.

danfan's post was just stating how one act has been more successful than the other (i HATE(!) Leppard but love Cheap Trick, but even i can't argue the FACT that Lep have had more success).
There was nothing there that said, in one form or another, "If someone doesn't like something, it's automatically shit."

Quit looking for problems.

danfan 02-28-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 909300)
Part of me REALLY wants to go to this tour. However, I've heard bad things about Poison and Lep live, and he other concerts I want to see this summer (Billy Joel+Elton John, U2, Green Day, No Doubt) are all above it on the list, and on the mire expensive side.

Joe Elliot sounds like ass now, but Poison has always been a kickass live band. They only play for 75 minutes, but it's damn good.

Becky 02-28-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

The line-up definitely wasn't arranged in order of talent! ;) That's a show I'd like to catch anyway. I've never been able to see Cheap Trick or Def Lep in person. I could live without seeing Poison ever again though.

Lord of the Jovi Realm 02-28-2009 12:59 AM

I've seen all three multiple times and here's my take

Def Leppard - great live until Joe sings, then very disappointing, his voice just can't take it anymore and as far back as the Hysteria tour he just can't sing the stuff live.
Poison - great energy and concert, but same concert every time, I guess it's a case of giving the fans what they want.
Cheap Trick - talented guys, but the guitar collection is way more interesting than anything else, just too boring for me

Honestly I wouldn't have given any of these bands more than one try, they all are washed up in one way or another and weren't really entertaining.
Dave