Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   can you help me ? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=3360)

jess 11-06-2002 04:17 PM

can you help me ?

I bought Bounce the first day in France, and listened to it "non-stop" since, but i have a big problem, my daughter played in my car, (she's two), and when i listened Bounce and Crush, they are scratched ; i'm so angry, these 2 album were in my car because i play them all the time, my daughter didn't do that before, but for the first time she did well !!!
First I thought to buy them again right now, but my husband told me (and i think he's right), wait until there's a nice price operation on CD's in a store, because the finances aren't really good and for the moment try to find someone to record these albums on a tape, because in my new car, it's a tape player, (yes in a golf BJ !!!), so if someone could record them, i'll can listen to when i'll drive, it's already a consolation,
Hope someone will answer, thanx,
Jess

littlebitofsoul 11-06-2002 07:18 PM

Check eBay, you can pick up cd albums next to nothing there, cassette albums even cheaper!

Yvonne 11-06-2002 07:59 PM

Take them back to the shop and try and change them. You can only try.

jess 11-07-2002 05:55 PM

Good idea Yvonne, unfortunely, i don't think it'll works ! I think a friend on this site will send them to me, thanx anyway :wink:

Yvonne 11-07-2002 10:37 PM

Its what i wouldve done.

Dan 11-07-2002 11:20 PM

wow thats pretty bad (BJ CD's getting scratched), I barely let my brother touch mine, but thats only because if I was to pick anyone in the world that would scratch a CD, he would be my pick

Arash 11-07-2002 11:26 PM

JESS, my cousin lives in paris, so if you want, i can tape them and send them to you, here is my e-mail:

arash_bj@yahoo.com

mail me to talk about it.

Sambora_Laura 11-07-2002 11:58 PM

Lol!
Guys-I have to tell you about my Bon jovi Miracle!

I went to Italy in the year (which makes the Miracle even wierder! the homeland! lol!) and I bought "These Days" at Gatwick Airport. I listened to it all the way to Naples, and was completely in love with it when we landed.

We got to our hotel, and we had the most beautiful balcony, with a view out across the bay of Naples and to Vesuvius. So, I decided to take my book ("Dead Famous" By Ben Elton or "Hannibal" by Thomas Harris- I can't quite remember which- but I had both with me) and my CD to listen to on the balcony.

So, I took my Headphoens and CD player out there, and as I walked out of the door, disaster struck! I tripped, at my These days case went flying
out of my hands. It all happened in slow motion- the CD fell out of the case on impact, and, shiny side down, onto some gravel. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :shock: :( :puppydog: :bad-word:

IDespite my efforts so save it, it was hopeless
Diamond Ring and Bitter Wine were unlistenable, Letting you Go, something to believe in, Hey God and These days all jumped regularly. I was close to tears.

After my week in Italy, I came home, and in a last ditch attempt to save myself from having to go buy it again, I put it into the main hifi, having done nothing since the two hours spent trying to save it in Italy- and the thing played perfectly!

I put it back into my personal CD player, it worked perfectly! I put it into my Dad's car CD player- it worked perfectly!

BEHOLD THE POWER OF BON JOVI!

Try Bounce again in a while, Jess- you too may have a miracle!!!!

Love
Loz
________
Eagle Summit

LetItRock2003 11-08-2002 03:58 AM

I got the same problem with my "These Days" records too.. Although it was my father who accidentally jammed my These Days tape.. So I have to buy the new tape again...Anyway, I bought the CD (with bonus CD version) again ...

Good luck to you jess with your bounce record.

jess 11-09-2002 01:30 PM

That's OK everybody, thank you very much for your help. Bon Jovi Everyday, thank you too, i think i won't need more help, Iwan Rasta sent them to me, i wanted to post it because help between fans is important,
once again, we are a lucky family, over the wars and the distances and religions, ages and social situation, WE ARE BJ FANS ! thank you,
Jess 8)